Create your own PE DVD Cover art!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Josh
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Josh »

Big Disney Fan wrote:Could you tell me how you created this pics? I want try it, too.
To create cover-art, you need a lot of time, and a lot of patience! It takes me quite a while, I use Adobe Photoshop CS, and using Screencaps that I take using PowerDVD I edit them using Photoshop and create a DVD Cover. Paint can also work, not as well, but you will still manage to create a good cover-art.
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

Josh wrote:
Big Disney Fan wrote:Could you tell me how you created this pics? I want try it, too.
To create cover-art, you need a lot of time, and a lot of patience! It takes me quite a while, I use Adobe Photoshop CS, and using Screencaps that I take using PowerDVD I edit them using Photoshop and create a DVD Cover. Paint can also work, not as well, but you will still manage to create a good cover-art.
Good, great. But what I'm really misunderstanding is how to put them up on the site here.
RachelSmachel
Gold Classic Collection

Post by RachelSmachel »

Big Disney Fan wrote:Good, great. But what I'm really misunderstanding is how to put them up on the site here.
All you have to do is upload it to a image hosting site (Image Shack is quite good) and then post the link.
Josh
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Josh »

I hope you don't mind Escapay, but I'm going to steal your idea of page navigation/ List Updates for this thread :wink:

Page 1: 9
Peter Pan: Collector's Gift Set (Escapay)
Peter Pan: Collector's Gift Set (Josh)
The Jungle Book (Josh)
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (Josh)
The Black Cauldron (Escapay)
Fantasia (DisneyFreak5282)
Beauty And The Beast (myr_heille)
The Fox and The Hound (Prince Ali)
Fantasia (Prince Ali)

By Josh: 4
Peter Pan: Collector's Gift Set
The Jungle Book
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
101 Dalmatians

By Escapay: 2
Peter Pan: Collector's Gift Set
The Black Cauldron

By Prince Ali: 2
The Fox and The Hound
Fantasia

By DisneyFreak5282: 1
Fantasia

By myr_heille: 1
Beauty And The Beast

Earlier in the post I wrote I had made 4, and the 4th was 101 Dalmatians, I haven't posted it yet, but here it is:

It took a long time to make, but I'm fairly happy with the final product, I'd like the lower half to be less crowded, that's why I couldn't include Jasper and Horace. I like how the puppies are looking up to their parents though, I thought that worked well. I made an alternate version to this PE Cover, but the only difference was, instead of the background being the park where Anita and Roger/Pongo and Perdita met like this one, it was the town in which the Dalmatians arrived to disquise themselves in soot.

I hope you like it! :)
Ting Ting
Anniversary Edition

Post by Ting Ting »

I love your 101 Dalmatians art, Josh! Ugh, looking at all of these somewhat professional looking covers makes me want PhotoShop even more!

Oh well, here's another one. I'm not tired AT ALL so expect a lot more from me tonight. :wink:

Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

RachelSmachel wrote:
Big Disney Fan wrote:Good, great. But what I'm really misunderstanding is how to put them up on the site here.
All you have to do is upload it to a image hosting site (Image Shack is quite good) and then post the link.
Great! Thank you! I haven't made anything yet, but I will!
Ting Ting
Anniversary Edition

Post by Ting Ting »

I like where I was going with this one, but designing it on paint didn't exactly allow me to bring it to its full potential. It's supposed to be like the Collector's Edition box for Titanic, if you know what that looks like. If I had a better photo editor, I would have experimented a little more with color concepts and maybe some sort of print in the background, rather than just one solid color. But until all of that is possible, here's this:

myr_heille
Gold Classic Collection

Post by myr_heille »

Matt wrote:OMG, I love it! 8)
Thanks a lot! :)
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

Yeah, all I have is paint, and this is what I came up with...

Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

This isnt mine, or a platinum edition either, but I thought it loked neat!

So here you go! --------------

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f308/ ... id3dvd.jpg
Josh
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Josh »

atlanticaunderthesea wrote:Image
WOW! That's incredible! Is this the actual DVD cover as it looks so realistic! You should post this in The Little Mermaid 3 Thread, I don't think this is fan-art at all, this looks 100% real!!! :D
Noodle

Post by Noodle »

atlanticaunderthesea wrote:This isnt mine, or a platinum edition either, but I thought it loked neat!

So here you go! --------------

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f308/ ... id3dvd.jpg
Where did you find that image?
myr_heille
Gold Classic Collection

Post by myr_heille »

I always thought this "adult" poster was so incredibly beautiful, there's no need to add much to it! ;)
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

lord-of-sith wrote:Yeah, all I have is paint, and this is what I came up with...

Awesome! My mother would be proud! Sleeping Beauty is her all-time favorite Disney movie.
myr_heille
Gold Classic Collection

Post by myr_heille »

Okay, after this one I calm down. ;)

I know it's pretty pink and that it shows the end of the movie, but oh well, it's the scene that gets me every time, and it doesn't necessarily have to be the end!
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

I'm considering doing one on Pinocchio, but what characters should I include?
Mason_Ireton
Banned

Pinocchio's Platinum

Post by Mason_Ireton »

Well aside from Pinocchio, Jimminy, and Monstro, I think you should use Honest John/Gidon, Bridget (Blue Fairy, decided to give her a name) Stromboili, and whichever you feel like using Disney Fan.

write back please

sign Mason
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Re: Pinocchio's Platinum

Post by Big Disney Fan »

Mason_Ireton wrote:Well aside from Pinocchio, Jimminy, and Monstro, I think you should use Honest John/Gidon, Bridget (Blue Fairy, decided to give her a name) Stromboili, and whichever you feel like using Disney Fan.

write back please

sign Mason
Thanks, that's why I was having difficult. I mean, I know there are few no-brainers for inclusion, but not every single one.
Mason_Ireton
Banned

Post by Mason_Ireton »

If I were you, I'd probaly use Pinocchio, Jimminy, and Honest John/Gidon for the front, then put Geppeto's home on the back with some of the supporting characters (Lampwick, Figaro), and Bridget's twinkling star in the sky, again Bridget is the Blue Fairy's new name *chuckles*

write back please

sign Mason
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

Mason_Ireton wrote:If I were you, I'd probaly use Pinocchio, Jimminy, and Honest John/Gidon for the front, then put Geppeto's home on the back with some of the supporting characters (Lampwick, Figaro), and Bridget's twinkling star in the sky, again Bridget is the Blue Fairy's new name *chuckles*

write back please

sign Mason
Great! I'll do it! :D :wink: