Have I Gone Over The Edge?

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Goofy Luv

Have I Gone Over The Edge?

Post by Goofy Luv »

I was at Borders the other day & overheard a few people talking about DVD's. My head popped up & I became as giddy as a school child. For some sick reason I had to know what discs they were buying. Turns out one of them was Tarzan (not the CE). Has anyone else's passion for DVD become this odd?
<a href="http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html? ... disney">My Disney DVD Collection</a>

Webmaster, Fresno's DVD Connection
Paka
Anniversary Edition

Post by Paka »

Oh, you're not the only one, GL. :lol:

One of my favorite haunts in Suncoast Video at the Southdale Mall - the employees there are just as nuts as I.
I have a never-ending wanted list, and so far I've got about 5 dozen in my collection. It may not sound like much, but considering that I've bought most of them myself, and that they're mostly the bigger, more expensive collector's editions - it's quality over quantity, really. I don't just buy any movie willy-nilly - it really has to have something to offer for me to spend $20 - $40 (or more) on it. But mostly I stick to animation - they make up about two-thirds or more of my dvds, actually.
But yes, in short - I love mah dvds. They're definitely addictive. :D
Life often leaves us standing bare, naked and dejected with a lost opportunity. Over the bleached bones and jumbled residues of numerous civilizations are written the pathetic words: "Too late."

~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
jabroni76
Special Edition

Post by jabroni76 »

I understand... recently, every place that I go to, I look at the dvd's for disney ones. Too bad all the stores in GA reek anus because they dont know the immense demand for the disney films.

I also have a bad habit of convincing people to buy Widescreen over full-screen. Most people listen, but other people.. well, they're just ignorant :roll:
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Post by Loomis »

I don't think you are over the edge. I have a similar habit of my ears pricking up whenever I hear the letters D, V & D mentioned in their correct sequence.

I collect comics as well, so it is always comforting to go into my local store and overhear the amount of money that is being spent on those DVDs that come out on a regular basis.

I makes me feel better about the dollars that go far, far away to DVDLand. Why only today I ordered Love Bug, 20,000 Leagues and Dumbo...
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter
Brink!
Limited Issue

Post by Brink! »

i have something similair
since working in a record shop i sell dvd's almost every day
and i can't help prasing people on their excelent choose when they pick a dvd i love :lol:
"Can't put me finger on what lies in store,
but i feel what's to happen all happened before"
(Mary Poppins)

"Pull the lever, kronk.
- WRONG LEVER !
why do we even have that lever ?"
(The Emperor's new Groove)
Eeyore
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Eeyore »

Yeah, I know the feeling. I've been tempted to tell people renting dvd's that they should be picking the widescreen version.

But when they're picking up stuff like Jackass The Movie, I figured it was too late for them.