CARS DVD PREVIEW - Scans Screen shots ((UPDATED))

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
NarniaDis
Special Edition

Post by NarniaDis »

Thank you soooo Much.....

although I will not be buying this edition (knowing a 2discer will come in the near future) I appreciate these "sneak" peaks...
Im a riding on cloud Nine.
MerXAN
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MerXAN »

Beastboyravenz wrote:Josh, that's what I'm thinking of doing too. So it's not stupid and if it were that would make two of us, :lol: .
It isn't stupid cause that's what I'm planning too. :D
Beastboyravenz
Special Edition

Post by Beastboyravenz »

But those players are just soo expensive! They're taking it to a whole new level. Atleast Josh And I aren't alone with the idea.
yamiiguy
Anniversary Edition

Post by yamiiguy »

Well if they do come out on blu-ray i'll just make my 2-discers, 3-discers and my 1-discers, 2-discers :D
jrboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by jrboy »

I can't wait to get this, but has any one else noticed the bonus disc from walmart. From what i can see it has 'life is a highway' video and the making of the video, it also has some other stuff, but it's hard to see
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

Darn Wal Mart and not announcing their bonuses until late in the game. I already pre-ordered my copy elsewhere, but maybe I'll return that for the bonus disc. I like Rascal Flatts and am baffled by the fact that the music video isn't on the DVD. I mean, it was a huge hit!
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Post by MadonnasManOne »

jrboy wrote:I can't wait to get this, but has any one else noticed the bonus disc from walmart. From what i can see it has 'life is a highway' video and the making of the video, it also has some other stuff, but it's hard to see
Where did you find this information? Is it online, somewhere? What is the price?

Any further information would be appreciated!
jrboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by jrboy »

it's @ walmart.com(you can see the cover their too) and it's like $20, but i'm sure you can find it @ walmart when its released.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Here is more info

Post by disneyboy20022 »

MadonnasManOne wrote:
jrboy wrote:I can't wait to get this, but has any one else noticed the bonus disc from walmart. From what i can see it has 'life is a highway' video and the making of the video, it also has some other stuff, but it's hard to see
Where did you find this information? Is it online, somewhere? What is the price?

Any further information would be appreciated!
Here is a link to the info about this Exclusive bonus disc on Wal-Mart's Website. It will probably be around $19.99 as that's usually the price even if Wal-mart has an exclusive it's the same price as as the normal one disc so to me I will be picking it up and that will do for me until the official Disney/Pixar release of a 2-disc version of Cars.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=5280787
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Re: Here is more info

Post by MadonnasManOne »

disneyboy20022 wrote: Here is a link to the info about this Exclusive bonus disc on Wal-Mart's Website. It will probably be around $19.99 as that's usually the price even if Wal-mart has an exclusive it's the same price as as the normal one disc so to me I will be picking it up and that will do for me until the official Disney/Pixar release of a 2-disc version of Cars.

Thanks! Looks like this is the version I'm picking up. From what I can tell, this is what is included:

The Making of "Life Is A Highway"-Wal-Mart Exclusive, Only Available on this DVD.

"Life Is A Highway" Music Video by Rascal Flatts

Cars-The Making of the Music

Under the Hood TV Episode (As Seen on ABC Family)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't wait!
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

Sounds great! Thanks for the info disneyboy20022. I'll deffinatly get this at Wal Mart. I can't wait.
azul017
Special Edition

Post by azul017 »

Wow... the disc seems really barebones in terms of extras (I know we weren't going to get a deluxe 2-disc release, but this is ridiculous). It's nice to see Disney didn't subject the disc for Cars to that ugly transparent artwork they've done on their non-Pixar films this year and gave it a proper silkscreen treatment.

And what's with the lack of alternate language tracks and subtitles? There's only a English Dolby Digital 5.1 EX and 2.0 tracks, and only English subtitles to boot! It seems that Disney really wants to make people double-dip on this title once Ratatouville hits theaters.

lighthousemike, do you know if the extras (such as the Mater short and the deleted scenes) have optional English subtitles, like Pixar's other releases (such as the Toy Story re-releases and The Incredibles)?
BATBfan1
Terminated

Post by BATBfan1 »

Hey is there any music videos on the Disc?
Simba3
Collector's Edition

Post by Simba3 »

I think it has been said in here that Wal-Mart is releasing a special extra disc with its Cars release that has the music videos on there and the making of the music videos.
Signature courtesy of blackcauldron85!!
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Re: Blue-ray is Better

Post by MadonnasManOne »

Disney Duster wrote:
- The ultimate in high-definition picture quality - Blu-ray players deliver full 1080p resolution, while HD-DVD players only deliver 1080i.
This may be true, so far, only because current HD-DVD players do not have the option to deliver 1080p. However, the films, as I understand, are encoded in 1080p, so, when the option for 1080p is enabled, you will be able to enjoy the feature in full resolution.
BATBfan1
Terminated

Post by BATBfan1 »

Simba3 wrote:I think it has been said in here that Wal-Mart is releasing a special extra disc with its Cars release that has the music videos on there and the making of the music videos.
Well, I didn't know that!

And is it just a CD or is it a DVD?
And which music videos are going to be on it?
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Post by MadonnasManOne »

BATBfan1 wrote:
Simba3 wrote:I think it has been said in here that Wal-Mart is releasing a special extra disc with its Cars release that has the music videos on there and the making of the music videos.

From my post, just 7 posts above:

"From what I can tell, this is what is included:

The Making of "Life Is A Highway"-Wal-Mart Exclusive, Only Available on this DVD.

"Life Is A Highway" Music Video by Rascal Flatts

Cars-The Making of the Music

Under the Hood TV Episode (As Seen on ABC Family)"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is a DVD, which has ONE music video on it, from the information provided at Wal-Mart.com. It also has other bonus features. The link was provided by disneyboy20022:

BATBfan1
Terminated

Post by BATBfan1 »

:lol:

So sorry, I didn't scroll up.
I answered my questions. I will be buying this DVD at Walmart! :)

Isn't Target getting the same treatment with a bonus disc as well?
I think I read that some where. :?
Simba3
Collector's Edition

Post by Simba3 »

BATBfan1 wrote:

Hey -- I didn't mean to come off as rude. All I meant was I think that was what was said in here, but I wasn't sure.
Signature courtesy of blackcauldron85!!
kbehm29
Anniversary Edition

Post by kbehm29 »

I found the following statement at http://www.digitalbits.com -

One more note on Buena Vista: There's a rumor circulating around the Net (that originates from the Ultimate Disney website) that the forthcoming Cars DVD includes a trailer that promotes many of the Disney animated Platinum Edition titles for release on Blu-ray Disc format. This is apparently true, however I spoke with the studio this morning, and was told in no uncertain terms that there are currently no plans to release any Platinum titles on Blu-ray Disc at least through the first half of 2007. I'd be surprised if they weren't released eventually but, as of now, don't expect them until later in 2007 at the earliest.

So I guess most of us were right in guessing that these new Blu-ray editions are going to be phased in very gradually.
Disneyland Trips: 1983, 1992, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, Aug 2018
Walt Disney World Trips: 1999, 2007, 2011, 2014, 2016, ~Dec 2018~, ~Apr 2019~
Favorite Disney Movies: Peter Pan, 101 Dalmatians, Tangled, The Princess and the Frog, Enchanted, FROZEN