CARS DVD PREVIEW - Scans Screen shots ((UPDATED))

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

MadonnasManOne wrote:One of my favorite Pixar films, in the worst presentation that Disney can give.
Compared to the barebones-pan-and-scan-unrestored releases of likely half of Disney's live-action catalogue, the Cars DVD looks mighty impressive next to them. ;)

But compared to UTB and the spectacular 2-disc DVDs we've been treated to by Pixar, yeah, this release is pathetic. :(

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Simba3
Collector's Edition

Post by Simba3 »

I am pretty excited about the Cars release. I didn't see it in the theaters because I wasn't too sure about the concept, but I've heard a lot of really good things so I'm going to buy it (I already have it pre-ordered at Best Buy). I think its kinda crappy thought that it is only 1 disc. You know they are just going to re-release it later on a 2-disc special edition. Ahhhh!! Oh well, I am still excited just to see the film. :)
Signature courtesy of blackcauldron85!!
lighthousemike
Gold Classic Collection

Post by lighthousemike »

Trailer Added
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Post by MadonnasManOne »

lighthousemike wrote:Trailer Added
Thanks for the trailer!

Also, I don't know if you saw my question, but, could you post the running time for the bonus feature, Inspiration for Cars? Thanks!
lighthousemike
Gold Classic Collection

Post by lighthousemike »

MadonnasManOne wrote:
lighthousemike wrote:Trailer Added
Thanks for the trailer!

Also, I don't know if you saw my question, but, could you post the running time for the bonus feature, Inspiration for Cars? Thanks!
sure
16 minutes long
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Post by MadonnasManOne »

lighthousemike wrote:
MadonnasManOne wrote: Thanks for the trailer!

sure
16 minutes long
Thanks so much! Sad, the most substantial bonus feature on this DVD is 16 minutes long. Sad.
lighthousemike
Gold Classic Collection

Post by lighthousemike »

original post updated with the spotted hidden feature
Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

Escapay wrote:But compared to UTB and the spectacular 2-disc DVDs we've been treated to by Pixar, yeah, this release is pathetic. :( Escapay
Not to be nit-picky, but Disney has created every single DVD for all the Pixar movies, not Pixar. :wink:
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Timon/Pumbaa fan wrote:
Escapay wrote:But compared to UTB and the spectacular 2-disc DVDs we've been treated to by Pixar, yeah, this release is pathetic. :( Escapay
Not to be nit-picky, but Disney has created every single DVD for all the Pixar movies, not Pixar. :wink:
Yeah, but I suspect Pixar provides and edits the material as they see fit and decides what will go into each DVD. If Disney had full control over what to put on the Pixar films' DVDs, we wouldn't see trailers, the games would be stupid and more abundant, bonus material wouldn't be as immersive unless the DVD had "Platinum" somewhere on the cover, and it'd all be in FastPlay.

And the slipcover would open like a book. At least until 2005. :P

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Post by MadonnasManOne »

So, lighthousemike, here's the million dollar question. Did they edit out the scene where Lightning McQueen is racing the train? If they didn't, was there any warning that plays before the movie, stating that it's not safe to outrun trains? Just curious, as there was this organization making a big stink about it. When you watch the DVD, will you please post back with this information? Thanks so much!
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Timon/Pumbaa fan wrote:Not to be nit-picky, but Disney has created every single DVD for all the Pixar movies, not Pixar. :wink:
Not true. Disney distributes, but Pixar definitely has a major say in what gets on it and they certainly produce certain bonus features in an entirely independent fashion.
GOGOinVegas
Gold Classic Collection

Post by GOGOinVegas »

thanks LHM! I suspect u will win a few awards on the next UD awards for all these cool early previews! :wink: It looks like u spend a fair amount of time to share them with us and I definetely appreciate it!!...
BTW all U BluRay/HDdvd upgraders,,.... there WILL be a player that plays them both formats PLUS ur current DVDs so dont worry so much, k? Im glad that Disney isnt waiting too long to release stuff like they did with DVD in its first years...
Jules: You know the shows on TV?
Vincent: I don't watch TV.
Jules: Yeah, but, you are aware that there's an invention called television, and on this invention they show shows, right?
Just Myself
Platinum Edition

Post by Just Myself »

Another tight DVD peak from lighthousemike. Can't wait for the POTC previews, mike! :)

Cheers,
JM :thumb:
Cheers,
JM :thumb:
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

Yay! Thanks Lighthousemike! I can't wait for this DVD! "Cars" is my second favorite Pixar film. I think it's weird that so many DAC's are coming to Blueray so fast, but remember how Disney released the Limited Issues pretty much before the rest of the world had DVD players. It's the same sort of thing. I'll probably buy them even though I don't plan on getting a blueray player anytime soon simply because I remember what a pain in the butt it was tracking down the LI's once my family started upgrading everything to DVD. I think I paid $60 for "The Little Mermaid" and "Beauty and the Beast." I'll wait until they go in the vault, though. No sense having a bunch of Bluerays simply because they are out. The sneak peaks menu is awesome. So refreashing not to have the overdone blue standard menue Disney's given us for the past couple years.
magicalwands
Collector's Edition

Post by magicalwands »

Yeah! Sweet it's THX, there's no transparent disc art, and absolutely no FastPlay. I guess Cars isn't up to Disney's standards for them to add it on there.

That advertisement of Blu-Ray discs is pissing me off.
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

GOGOinVegas wrote:
Im glad that Disney isnt waiting too long to release stuff like they did with DVD in its first years...
Actually DVD was released to the market in 1998 and the Limited Issues were released in fall and winter of 1999, so they hardly waited at all. And before those, they had released some of their recent live action films such as "Flubber," "101 Dalmatians," and "The Parent Trap," as well as "The Nightmare Before Christmas" and "Beauty and the Beast: An Enchanted Christmas." The reason the Limited Issues were so hard to find and went for so much money online is because the average person didn't yet have a DVD player during the short three months these films were available. If Disney is going to release the new Blueray films in limited quantities, I'll be buying a copy for myself and a copy for ebay in a few years. lol. This time I'll be on the receiving end of the deal. It was so hard to find non-bootlegged copies of those films at a decent price. I even ended up with two bootlegged "Lady and the Tramp"'s before I got a real copy.[/code]
Disney Duster

Blue-ray is Better

Post by Disney Duster »

Wow, another FANTASTIC post lighthousemike! You are the best! That BluRay preview is excellent, and so revealing! You always know how to tell us something new, something exciing!

And to all of you who hope Disney switches to HD-DVD, why? Disney's Blue-ray web site says:
  • The Blu-ray Disc format offers numerous key advantages over HD-DVD, including:

- Greater storage capacity - Blu-ray Discs offer 67% more capacity than HD-DVD per layer.

- The ultimate in high-definition picture quality - Blu-ray players deliver full 1080p resolution, while HD-DVD players only deliver 1080i.

- Stronger durability - Blu-ray utilizes a new specialized disc coating that provides added protection from scratches and damage.
If your going to go the next step after DVDs, and buy something expensive anyway, why not get the biggest step, because in the end the cost won't matter. It a short-term loss of money for a long-term gain of enjoyment.
Last edited by Disney Duster on Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Josh
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Josh »

Hmmmm...I don't know if Blu-Ray is going to catch on, however seeing these screen-caps for future DAC's joining the Blu-Ray format, I might buy them before actually owning a B.R-Player! I know that sounds stupid, but in 2001 when Snow White was released I didnt own a DVD player, so I didn't buy it...now I'm REALLY annoyed I didn't. So, I'll buy them before owning a player, just so I don't miss out...again. :(
Beastboyravenz
Special Edition

Post by Beastboyravenz »

Josh, that's what I'm thinking of doing too. So it's not stupid and if it were that would make two of us, :lol: . But they are really expensive, I sure hope they have a cheaper price for the first three days like best buy does for new releases. But I was recently in the best buy site and a blu ray player cost $1,000 to pre order.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

I have my order in for...

Post by disneyboy20022 »

I actually Have my order in at a gamestop 30 miles away from me for the Playstation 3 so If I were you buy a Playstation 3 instead of a Blu Ray Disc player because the Ps3 plays blu ray discs. If you are unable to find one in time for the holidays wait until sometime next year and they will be available.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx