Adventures of THE GUMMI BEARS: Volume 1 DVD Fact Sheet

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
DisneyDVDFAN
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyDVDFAN »

ADVENTURES OF THE GUMMI BEARS V.01

FREE SHIPPING!
Release Date: 11/14/06

Why Pay $ 34.95?
Our Price:
$ 24.19

at DDD (deepdiscountdvd) and you get free shipping

if this is not allowed just delete post thanks ;)
luckybrand88

Post by luckybrand88 »

O... MY... GAWD... I am sooo excited. I LOVED this show. I used to race home every weekday afternoon to watch this show. I mean I was only like 5 or 6 but it was a big highlight of my life :)
totallyminnie86
Gold Classic Collection

Post by totallyminnie86 »

any word on bonus features?
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

totallyminnie86 wrote:any word on bonus features?
I think the menus (along with Disney's past treatment of their '80s/'90s TV cartoon) make it clear that there won't be any. Such a sad reality, but then I guess we're supposed to be grateful that the studio has decided to make some easy money off something that would otherwise just be sitting in archives somewhere.
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

totallyminnie86 wrote:any word on bonus features?
any word on hell freezing over?

;)
totallyminnie86
Gold Classic Collection

Post by totallyminnie86 »

well, the only thing it said on the press release was "bonus features subject to change" which is what made me wonder, of course I wasn't really expecting anything, I mean come on, we're lucky enough they're even acknowledging it enough for a release :lol:
DisneyDVDFAN
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyDVDFAN »

can't wait a couple of more days ;)
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

I can confirm there are no bonus features, not even any of the "hey that almost adds value" sneak peeks.
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
DisneyDVDFAN
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyDVDFAN »

Yay got my Gummis today :) watching it with the kids well at least one of them ...

I must say that the characters in this look like characters from disney movies ... like the Princess Calla looks like the girl from Black Cauldron and the King's Guard looks like the Knight who Wart Arthur was paged to the DAD from Sword in the Stone ...
and in the Episode where the Gummies and other animals are being turned into statues by the Great Davini he had Donald and Mickey as statues in his wagon ;) very nice..

well back to watching...

I guess the transfer is good for a TV show from the 80's but it could have been better .. atleast they have CC for the hearing impaired ;)

well enjoying my memories..
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

I got my copy as well today! And a bunch of other DVDs!

I am so happy!
Like a kid in a candy store! :D
DisneyDVDFAN
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyDVDFAN »

Matt wrote:I got my copy as well today! And a bunch of other DVDs!

I am so happy!
Like a kid in a candy store! :D
Hey me too The Postman had to actually come with one of those Bins he was like you do all your shopping online :)

Loving it :)
thomashton
Gold Classic Collection

Post by thomashton »

Watched the first two half hour episodes this morning while everyone else was in bed. Great. So great. To me, they hold up better to time than do DuckTales (which my son loves).

I can't believe how interested I was in watching them. They were good, funny, and interesting. Really brought back my childhood. Good times. Got lots more to watch, and then waiting for Vol 2.

The picture was okay, but at one point it went totally blurry like Luke said in his review. Oh, and the characters are similar to the Black Cauldron because this came out the same year as that. Probably a little bit a corner/cost cutting in design etc.
To all who come to this happy place, Welcome...Disneyland is your land...
Dottie
Collector's Edition

Post by Dottie »

I so want to get this!!! I loved the Gummy bears when I was a kid!!! Especially the title song!!! I still know it by heart, even though it's like 7 years I haven't watched the show. Maybe after Christmas.
And then I'll sit down in front of the TV and open a bag of ...... gummy bears, what else. :lol:
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

I just picked up Ducktales and Family Guy, so maybe I'll get Gummy Bears for Christmas.
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Post by slave2moonlight »

Dottie wrote:I so want to get this!!! I loved the Gummy bears when I was a kid!!! Especially the title song!!! I still know it by heart, even though it's like 7 years I haven't watched the show. Maybe after Christmas.
And then I'll sit down in front of the TV and open a bag of ...... gummy bears, what else. :lol:
Ha, yeah, I am dying for this set, but I am going to have to see if I get any monetary gifts for Christmas. Or gift cards, or something like that.