Five Mile Creek: Season One DVD Fact Sheet & Discussion

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Again with the 'picky-picky', I think we should all just be happy that Disney was able to bring this series to DVD. It has been digitally remastered from the original print, so that is quite enough for me. I didn't find any anomalies that were distracting, and I think that there are those of us out here in 'videoland' that are just 'too darn picky' for their own good.

Why not take what you get, and be happy with that. Perfection is in the hands of only one person and he died on a cross for Your sins.

:roll:
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

dvdjunkie wrote:Why not take what you get, and be happy with that.
An extremely funny and unlikely situation that could occur if we did take what we get and be happy with it...

Walt Disney Company: Hey everyone, just to let you know, every DVD we release from now on will not only be in Pan & Scan, but will also be dubbed in Russian and run backwards in black and white! And the subtitles will be in Klingonese! AND you can only watch the DVD on Days with the letter U, during months that have less than six letters. AND, they'll all carry the super low SRP of $199.99!!!

Everyone: Sounds great! We'll buy it anyway!

Anyways, Five Mile Creek was unknown to me until I read about it here, so even if it is a less-than-barebones (heck, it doesn't have any bones to be bare!) release, I'm still gonna pick it up eventually, because it's the content that matters. The presentation is sort of expected to be subpar, what with it being a show not exactly in the mainstream. Like how all those public domain titles have crappy video, but many are still pretty good movies or tv shows.

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Sirbrandon

Diesny's FIVE MILE CREEK on DVD

Post by Sirbrandon »

I had never heard of this series before my sister told me about it. The first season was released on DVD, so I decided to rent it out. I really enjoyed all 13 episodes! It's a cool show. I hope Disney will put out the other two seasons, now that they have this one out. I'm now planning to buy the first season box set. :D Anyone else a fan?

http://www.fivemilecreek.net/ has images and episode information!

Brandon

edit: Thanks for moving my post! :oops:
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Sirbrandon, I've merged your thread with an existing discussion of the DVD from when it was released. It's helpful to do a search before starting a topic and to have "Search topic title only" and "Display results as: Topics" selected. :idea: Something to keep in mind when starting new threads. It leads you to existing discussion and gives new life to relevant posts on the subject.
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Re: Diesny's FIVE MILE CREEK on DVD

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Sirbrandon wrote:http://www.fivemilecreek.net/ has images and episode information!
So does this: http://www.ultimatedisney.com/fivemilec ... ason1.html ;) :)

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Priscilla

Five Mile Creek Cast member

Post by Priscilla »

You might not believe this Im Priscilla Weems also known as Hannah Scott! Im glad that so many of you enjoy this show, I had a blast working on Five Mile Creek!!!! If you have any questions for me please ask I will answer them the best I can. :jawdrop:
Last edited by Priscilla on Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lucylover1986
Special Edition

Post by Lucylover1986 »

Yep, I don't believe it. :lol:

This bump reminds me I still gotta rent this show though.
Priscilla

Believe it

Post by Priscilla »

Ask me something!! :D
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

I believe it! Priscilla was recently interviewed for UD, which you'll be able to read soon...

Welcome to the forum, Priscilla! :eye:
Priscilla

Thank you

Post by Priscilla »

Hi Luke Thank You for the conformation I thought I would answer any questions that your forum might have!! After the interview that I did with Aaron all the amazing memories of working on FMC returned. And I thought I could share them. :)
Last edited by Priscilla on Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Priscilla

Pic"s

Post by Priscilla »

I also have some Pics from my time on the show! That you couldnt find anywhere else!
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Hi Priscilla, I can see you're a big fan of the exclamation point, as it's in all four of your posts here. Hope you have fun! And remember, don't feed the Loomis (but if you must feed him, he likes cheese)!

Also...it really is something when a fans-run site like UD goes to great lengths to interview people who I'm sure the general public would be interested in hearing from, while Disney is too busy fondling their slipcovers to even bother schlepping former employees to a studio to reminisce in front of a camera for a few hours...

Escapay
WIST #60:

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Priscilla

Wow

Post by Priscilla »

Well thank you for the English grammar Tutorial but in order to get my point across I need to have my post stand out. I deeply apologizeI if this disturbs you!!!!! But Thank you again your pointing it out!! Priscilla Weems/ Hannah Scott :wink:
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Welcome to the forum, Priscilla! I'm glad to see that I helped conjur up some good FMC memories and that you've decided to sign up here. :)

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Priscilla

Re: Thank you

Post by Priscilla »

Priscilla wrote:Hi Luke Thank You for the confirmation I thought I would answer any questions that your forum might have!! After the interview that I did with Aaron all the amazing memories of working on FMC returned. And I thought I could share them. :)
Thanks for the warm welcome! :D
Escapay

Re: Wow

Post by Escapay »

Priscilla wrote:Well thank you for the English grammar Tutorial but in order to get my point across I need to have my post stand out. I deeply apologizeI if this disturbs you!!!!! But Thank you again your pointing it out!! Priscilla Weems/ Hannah Scott :wink:
:lol: Hehehe, no I'm not disturbed by the exclamation points, lol. Just trying badly to make a funny. I've been on internet boards for about 7 years now (been at UD for 2.5), so I've become accustomed to just writing things out as if I were speaking, and I hardly say anything that merits the use of an exclamation point (unless of course, I'm at work and I have to start talking like the always-happy-because-they-give-us-drugs castmember that guests think we are).

Escapay
WIST #60:

WIST #61:
Priscilla

Post by Priscilla »

Please Email Me I have a question that I would rather not post on the board.
Priscilla :P
At [email protected]
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

And if anyone has questions for Priscilla, the best way to go about that is posting on the forum in this thread. That way, she doesn't have to deal with repeats and we all get to benefit hearing her responses to any questions that forum members may have!

Thanks!