Simple things in life you find fascinating.

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Evil Genie Jafar
Anniversary Edition
Location: Humacao, Puerto Rico; there's more to PR than San Juan!

Simple things in life you find fascinating.

Post by Evil Genie Jafar »

Ok, so I was just thinking on several things.

I'm not saying scientific discoveries and stuff. Just simple stuff that most people don't care but YOU find fascinating.

Me:

Traveling: I find it unbelevable that in a matter of hours you're no longer in your country. It is a weird sensation of: "I can't believe I was just in my country and now I'm here". And feels like a dream as well, because you know the only way back is by plane (or cruise). Not like you can say: "Oh, well... in the evening I'll drive back"

Anesthesia: I remember the first time I had to be operated. The doctor telling me: "Count from 10 till 1" . And I was thinking: "Yeah, like on TV".
Not only I find it very intriguing how it puts you to sleep, but how fast! I remember I just counted probably 3 numbers.

Technology: How fast have we've gone in so little time. For example, I remember when I was a kid the telephones where you had to turn a dial. Now everyone has cell phones that have all those capabilities. And most impressive is that everyone is so get used to it that few things impress us anymore.

....sub-category: DVDs

I was never into buying movies. But then this format came. I was left in awe when I saw the 3D menus on HOLLOW MAN. All the things that can be stored in them, and better yet: a format that make movies "last forever".

And there's also one last thing, I'll put it on white in case there are under age people here: 8)

SEX: How come, at least we guys just right after we finish doing it, end up starving. Like if we hadn't ate in days. I remember my first time: the next day I was in the cafeteria eating everything PLUS 7 cereal bowls... everyone was staring at me and I didn't know what it was. :lol:

cultures and languages : how many there are in the world! And all so interesting.

...sub-category: Spanish

; how come each of all of our own countries have different words for the same things and all those regionalisms.
Last edited by Evil Genie Jafar on Sun May 21, 2006 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"You're only second rate!"
Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

Let`s say that if you repeat it each night, you`ll have burned a little more than 1000 calories in a week :wink: I recommend you to take a pay day for after a "payday" :P

How ants carry their food:
And I mean how organized they are, even for ripping apart each leg and part of a bug

Language
How easy we can change from a nice, tropical place to something else;from a trick or a piece of paper to something "ewwy"; and more just because pronunciation
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Lemonade - It's lemons. And sugar. And water. It's my favorite drink in the whole world, and I'm just fascinated at its simplicity.

A blade of grass - Other than looking pretty and smelling nice when it's cut, I honestly cannot find any other purpose for grass, and I guess that's what fascinates me about it.

Physical Attraction - You know, when it boils down to the skeleton, we pretty much all look the same. And yet, for some odd reason, the skin and muscles and everything makes us look different. And the ability to sort and filter what we believe to be attractive or not attractive is, if anything, odd. And fascinating.

Small World, Smaller Minds - We're just one form of intelligent life on one planet in one solar system in such a vast and endless universe. And some people are arrogant enough to believe that we're the only life out there. Fascinating.

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

How Annoying People Can Be Nice - Some people just rub you the wrong way, regardless of who they are. They can try to be nicer to you, but they still can't help but grate on your nerves. When you find out they're really nice or generous, you still can't stand them, you just feel a little more guilty for it. Case in point, my 11th grade math teacher (who also took over for our 9th grade health education teacher, so I had him for 2 classes). The guy was incredibly friendly, even to me. He was happy, kind, good-looking, generous, sexy, made a good impression on everyone... But no matter how hard he tried to be everyone's friend, he got on my very last nerve, daily. He was also very loud and showoffy. While I'm naturally a very quiet, reserved person.

Movies

Colors

Sexuality
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

Sexuality in general has always fascinated me. Why do some swing this way, why do others the other way... It's a neat subject to explore. I've also been overwhelmed lately with a man and a woman's body and how the two just seem to fit perfectly. Like a key and a keyhole. It's quite amazing really...
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
Zoltack
Collector's Edition

Post by Zoltack »

Paper Clips - They're just pieces of steel wire folded a certain way and yet who ever invented it is a millionaire. Just how something simple like that can make you rich fascinates me.
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Post by Loomis »

Gadgets/Tech/Imagineering: Love any piece of new technology, especially little gadgets that do nothing whatsoever to enhance the world, but make it all the more fun (e.g. mp3 players or the like). Presently, I am very fascinated with all the 'Imagineering' that goes in to making a Disneyland attraction. Just the combination of imagination plus the physical engineering feats that go into something like Expedition Everest, for example, astound me.

Travel: Yes, I'm a follower here. I too enjoy travel. I love airports, the airport atmosphere. The functions of a plane are equally interesting, and as someone else here said, the idea that you can take off in one place and arrive in another in such a short amount of time is a 'modern marvel'.

Language: I love a good turn of the phrase, especially a good song lyric or a nice bit of prose somewhere. I love the way one can play or words (or put words on plays), and how malleable this thing we call English is.

Film: I'm fascinated by the way a film can literally transport you, especially into someone's state of mind. So much can be said in a well-cut scene, or a simple image. It is hard to articulate, but it's like the old adage about a picture being worth more than a thousand words.

Thrill Rides: Just dig the way something can get your heart pounding in a kind of wonderful fear. Your body says 'This is wrong', but I love every minute of it.
SEX: How come, at least we guys just right after we finish doing it, end up starving. Like if we hadn't ate in days. I remember my first time: the next day I was in the cafeteria eating everything PLUS 7 cereal bowls... everyone was staring at me and I didn't know what it was
Well, you do burn a lot of calories during sex, especially if done right. :wink: In fact fellas - that's the best excuse you can use to get some. "It'll really burn through that chocolate cake". Actually, that might imply fatness, which won't get you any sex for months.
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter
Miss Jo
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Miss Jo »

Matches
Hello, they make fire!
"I don't get high on drugs; I get high on Disney."