THE CHRONOLOGICAL DONALD Walt Disney Treasure Set Preview

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
karlsen
Special Edition

Post by karlsen »

... and some of them has in the past gone of in the first days.
Ballzo
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Ballzo »

Donald Duck is a pimp! What more do I have to say!
Hi-diddle-dee-dee An actor's life for me
A high silk hat and a silver cane
A watch of gold with a diamond chain
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Luke wrote:
awallaceunc wrote:About how long are Treasures sets in stores before they are taken back off?

-Aaron
They aren't taken back off. There's just a limited number of sets that are printed.
Oh ok, that might even be worse... time to start saving up. Thanks.

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Swiss
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Swiss »

This is my first post in a long time. I have been so busy lately. Anyway, glad to be back. 8) I also cannot wait for this release. I am highly anticpating it. I have it pre-ordered on two sites, just in case. :lol:
Thad Komorowski

Post by Thad Komorowski »

I hope I'm not starting off on the wrong foot by saying this, but...

About 75% of the images posted in these preview threads for the upcoming Disney Treasures DVDs are taken from publicity stills, not the actual cartoons...

-Thad
musicradio77
Anniversary Edition

Post by musicradio77 »

My stepdad loves Donald Duck. He has it in his house with all of his stuff. I'm not getting the DVD because my stepdad is a Donald freak. Pluto is lot better than Donald.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Wow...bumping a 2-year old topic just to say you're NOT getting the DVD because your stepdad is and also to say that Pluto is better. Thanks for sharing! :up:

Might as well let this bump be put to good use...

Chronological Donald V1 was my first Treasures set, got it for my birthday in 2004. I still need to get V2, I should've gotten it when it came out initially, but I always kept putting it off.

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Lucylover1986
Special Edition

Post by Lucylover1986 »

musicradio77 wrote:My stepdad loves Donald Duck. He has it in his house with all of his stuff. I'm not getting the DVD because my stepdad is a Donald freak. Pluto is lot better than Donald.
Don't worry there aren't any copies left to get anyway unless you wanna pay some big $$$.
Mouseketodd
Gold Classic Collection

Walt Disney Treasures Donald Duck V2

Post by Mouseketodd »

If you really have a hard time getting WDT Donald Duck V2 for a reasonable price, try calling Disneyland or Walt Disney World Merchandise.

My family and I just returned from WDW, and there were plenty of DDV2 in the park, as well as 'Rarities' and 'Tomorrowland' and 'Spin & Marty.' I don't know about Disneyland has any to sell, but their shipping prices seem more reasonable than WDW's.

Anyway, here are the phone #s:
Disneyland: 800-760-3566
Walt Disney World: 407-363-6200
My handmade paperweights, including Disney subjects -- some contain viewable movie cells!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/tmhofherr
Currently listed: Ludwig Von Drake, Annette, Zorro, Star Wars, the Wicked Witch, Classic Tron, and more!
TM2-Megatron
Anniversary Edition

Post by TM2-Megatron »

In Toronto, there's a store that's selling three of the four Wave 3 tins (missing Front Lines) for $18 (that's Canadian currency) each and they've got 4 or 5 copies of all three.
Robin Hood
Anniversary Edition

Post by Robin Hood »

TM2-Megatron wrote:In Toronto, there's a store that's selling three of the four Wave 3 tins (missing Front Lines) for $18 (that's Canadian currency) each and they've got 4 or 5 copies of all three.
Yeah, why is it that Canadian stores always have copies of old treasures? I'm glad I live in Canada. :D
- Jonathan
thatartguy
Gold Classic Collection

Post by thatartguy »

Because Canada gets identical number of sets as the US, but has 10% of the population.
TM2-Megatron
Anniversary Edition

Post by TM2-Megatron »

thatartguy wrote:Because Canada gets identical number of sets as the US, but has 10% of the population.
No, Canada and the U.S. share the same production run; with Canada getting a proportionately lower number of tins. It would be ridiculous to produce another full 110k,115k,etc. tins for Canada alone.
thatartguy
Gold Classic Collection

Post by thatartguy »

I've seen two tins, one American, one Canadian, with identical serial numbers. There must be two production runs.
TM2-Megatron
Anniversary Edition

Post by TM2-Megatron »

I've seen two tins, one American, one Canadian, with identical serial numbers. There must be two production runs.
Where was this? Unless you saw it in person, I'd very much be inclined to doubt the authenticity of it.

Also, assuming for a moment there are two productions runs and there are a total of 220,000-300,000 tins between the U.S. and Canada... do you realize the odds against ever coming across two with the same serial number in a geographical area as large as our two countries are (at least by chance)?

I just don't see any sense in an entirely seperate production run for Canada, given the incredibly smaller population. It's certain that the actual discs for Canada and the U.S. are produced all at the same time, although some of the inserts/other packaging/etc. are produced seperately with Canadian (or proper) spelling. I just can't see Canada having an entirely seperate numbering, though. I'd always assumed the serial numbers were shared between Canadian and U.S. treasures.