Disney Princess: Wave 4 (Feb '06) - DVDs Press Release

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Disney Princess: Wave 4 (Feb '06) - DVDs Press Release

Post by pinkrenata »

<b><u><center>In Time For Valentine’s Day

INTRODUCING TWO MAGICAL DVD TITLES IN DISNEY’S
SPECTACULAR PRINCESS COLLECTION</u>

<i>DISNEY PRINCESS LEARNING ADVENTURES:
THE ENCHANTED BOOK OF LETTERS

DISNEY PRINCESS SING ALONG SONGS
Volume Three: PERFECTLY PRINCESS</i>

<u>Available For Little Princesses Everywhere On February 14, 2006</b></u>

<a href="http://www.ultimatedisney.com/princess- ... html">Read UD's <b>Disney Princess Sing Along Songs: Volume 3</b> DVD Review</a>
</center>

BURBANK, Calif., September 28, 2005 – Walt Disney Home Entertainment presents two new titles in
the enormously successful “Disney Princess” collection of titles – <b>DISNEY PRINCESS LEARNING
ADVENTURES: THE ENCHANTED BOOK OF LETTERS</b> and <b>DISNEY PRINCESS SING ALONG
SONGS VOLUME THREE: PERFECTLY PRINCESS</b>. A powerhouse of family entertainment, Disney
Princess is the #1 selling Disney property for Valentine’s Day. On DVD, each Princess Collection title
brings together classic Disney princesses such as Jasmine, Ariel, Cinderella and more. Through
stories, songs and learning activities, each Princess title invites every little girl to enter a world of
imagination, enchantment and happily-ever-afters. Each title will be available for $19.99 S.R.P. on
both DVD and VHS.

<b><u>DISNEY PRINCESS SING ALONG SONGS VOLUME THREE: PERFECTLY PRINCESS</b></u>
A sparkling collection of Princess-themed songs, including “It’s Not Just Make-Believe” from the movie
<i>Ella Enchanted</i>. Join the laughter and musical fun where your little princess is the guest of honor. It’s
another winning collection of best-loved songs from Disney’s award-winning classics starring
everyone’s favorite Disney Princesses. DVD bonus features include Dance Along and Karaoke.

<a href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... ovemz">Buy <b>Disney Princess Sing Along Songs: Volume Three - Perfectly Princess</b> from Amazon.com</a>

<a href="http://www.ultimatedisney.com/princess- ... html">Read UD's <b>Disney Princess Sing Along Songs: Volume 3</b> DVD Review</a>

<u><b>STREET DATE: FEBRUARY 14, 2006</b>
Direct Prebook</u>: December 20, 2005
<u>Distributor Prebook</u>: January 3, 2006
<u>Suggested retail price</u>: Each: $19.99 (DVD/VHS)
<u>Rated</u>: Each: Not rated. Bonus materials not rated or subtitled.
<u>Run Time</u>: <i>Disney Princess Learning Adventures: The Enchanted Book of Letters</i>:
Approximately 60 minutes
<i>Disney Princess Sing Along Songs Volume Three: Perfectly Princess</i>
Approximately 60 minutes
DVD aspect ratio: Each: 1.33:1 formatted 4x3
DVD Sound: Each: Dolby® Digital 5.1 Surround Sound
Language: Each: English audio
<i>Disney Princess Sing Along Songs</i> also contains French audio

<b><u>DELAYED</b></u>

DISNEY PRINCESS LEARNING ADVENTURES: THE ENCHANTED BOOK OF LETTERS
The first-ever Disney Princess Learning title combines everyone’s favorite Disney Princess characters
with early learning fundamentals. This unique multi-level programming environment encourages
children to participate directly with the program and their delightful Disney Princess friends. These
learn-along activities both entertain and engage young viewers, helping to teach letters, phonics,
reading and writing skills.
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
The Little Merman
Anniversary Edition

Re: Disney Princess: Wave 4 (Feb '06) - DVDs Press Release

Post by The Little Merman »

pinkrenata wrote:A sparkling collection of Princess-themed songs, including “It’s Not Just Make-Believe” from the movie
<i>Ella Enchanted</i>.
Wow. They're so desperate for songs, that they are using one from Ella Enchanted?!? I liked the movie, but..wow. Anyways, thanks for the press release pinky (I hope you don't mind the nickname :P )...even if the line ended before it started :) !

*tlm
Last edited by The Little Merman on Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Disney Princess Ariellen
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Disney Princess Ariellen »

...what else can they POSSIBLY use on a Disney Princess sing along?

And just...oh dear me, I am worried. The more Disney Princess product that is released, the more my inner lifelong fan of the Disney princesses is distressed.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

What a waste of time and money. Lack of originality on Disney's part. They have worn out their welcome on these Princesses edition. My granddaughters don't even like them. Just another way for Disney to try and get your hard earned bucks. Won't be found in my collection!!

:roll:
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
ZOOMBOOM0688
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ZOOMBOOM0688 »

Will the sing-along have alot more songs since its 60min long and the other 2 were shorter?
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

ZOOMBOOM0688 wrote:Will the sing-along have alot more songs since its 60min long and the other 2 were shorter?
I think it's more likely just a bad estimate. <i>Vol. 1</i> was 45 minutes, <i>Vol. 2</i> was 30ish. I'd expect <i>Vol. 3</i> to be around that or even shorter, though they could reach an hour if they start featuring Miramax princesses!
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Luke wrote:I think it's more likely just a bad estimate. <i>Vol. 1</i> was 45 minutes, <i>Vol. 2</i> was 30ish. I'd expect <i>Vol. 3</i> to be around that or even shorter, though they could reach an hour if they start featuring Miramax princesses!
I was right (sort of). It's 40 minutes.

My full review is here:
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/princess-sing-along3.html
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Luke wrote:
Luke wrote:I think it's more likely just a bad estimate. <i>Vol. 1</i> was 45 minutes, <i>Vol. 2</i> was 30ish. I'd expect <i>Vol. 3</i> to be around that or even shorter, though they could reach an hour if they start featuring Miramax princesses!
I was right (sort of). It's 40 minutes.

My full review is here:
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/princess-sing-along3.html
Well...I actually relented and *gasp* read a review about the Disney Princess DVD series! It seems a lot more entertaining than the disc itself, I must say! Great job Luke! Have a dancing elephant to cheer you up (after watching that 40 minute POS, you need one!)

:pink:

I think what I liked best were the snarky comments for the screencaps, which are always worth reading!

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Thank you, Escapay! The dancing elephant is always appreciated and I'm glad to hear you liked the snarky captions.

:excellent:
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
Lucylover1986
Special Edition

Post by Lucylover1986 »

Hopefully these Disney Princess DVDs can be put out to pasture soon. At least though they'll be making original stories for the next batch of them but that's probably only happening due to the fact they are runing too low on stuff already made. It'll be terrible already, I know it!
Mermaid Kelly
Anniversary Edition

Post by Mermaid Kelly »

I actually love the sing-a-long dvd's ...I've loved the sing-a-longs since I was tiny so I still enjoy when new ones come out. I just bought the new one and I've been replaying Ariel's "In Harmony" over and over... :P "In The Golden Afternoon" and "Here On The Land And Sea" have also been getting a lot of play these last couple days as well :D
Image Image