Scrubs: Season Two DVD Press Release

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Luke
Site Admin

Scrubs: Season Two DVD Press Release

Post by Luke »

<b>Tell us what you think for the chance to win a free copy of SCRUBS SEASON 2 on DVD!</b>

We want your vote! SCRUBS Season 2 will be available on DVD November 15 and we want your help in choosing the TV commercial to use for this hilarious new release! Just watch 3 TV commercials and complete the short survey, and you will have the chance to instantly win Scrubs Season 2 on DVD! <a href="http://www.hypemakers.net/scrubs2adv/go/v/tx1/adv/4301" target="_blank">Click here</a> to go to the survey!

J.D. (Braff) returns for his second year at Sacred Heart Hospital, filled with new relationships, medical mistakes and the intimidating janitor. Scrubs Season 2 features all 22 episodes of the second season and includes the original and unedited music. There are guest stars galore and a line-up of never-before-seen, outrageous bonus features, including: a one on one interview with John C. McGinley, audio commentaries with cast and creator, deleted scenes, alternate lines, stunt casting, outtakes, a featurette on the show’s music, and much more!

<hr>

<center><b><u>Emmy® Award Nominated For Outstanding Comedy Series 2005

Zach Braff Nominated for 2005 Emmy® Award,
Outstanding Lead Actor In A Comedy Series</u>

SCRUBS
SEASON 2

<i>Includes Outrageous Bonus Features
and the Original, Unedited Music</i>

<u>On DVD November 15</u></b></center>

BURBANK, Calif., July 29, 2005 - Experience every episode of the hilarious second season of TV’s
hottest comedy “Scrubs” with <b>SCRUBS Season 2</b>, the Emmy and Golden Globe nominated television
show starring Zach Braff (“<i>Garden State</i>”), available in a collectible DVD box set on November 15.
SCRUBS received four Emmy nominations in 2005, including Outstanding Comedy Series and Zach
Braff for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series.

J.D. (Braff) returns for his second year at Sacred Heart Hospital, filled with new relationships, medical
mistakes and the intimidating janitor. With guest stars galore and a line-up of never-before-seen,
outrageous bonus features, <b>SCRUBS Season 2</b> is a must-have DVD. The DVD box set is available
for $39.99 (S.R.P.) from Touchstone Television and Buena Vista Home Entertainment.

<b>SCRUBS SEASON 2</b> features all 22 episodes of the second season and includes the original and
unedited music. Bonus features include: one on one interview with John C. McGinley, audio
commentaries with cast and creator, deleted scenes, outtakes, featurette on the show’s music, and
much more.

Zach Braff stars as J.D., a medical resident at Sacred Heart Hospital. Joining the rumpled J.D. are
fellow residents Turk (Donald Faison, “<i>Clueless</i>”), Elliot Reid (Sarah Chalke, TV’s “<i>Roseanne</i>”). Dr.
Cox (John C. McGinley, “<i>Office Space</i>”), the intimidating janitor (Neil Flynn, “<i>Mean Girls</i>”), Dr. Kelso
(Ken Jenkins, “<i>The Sum of All Fears</i>”) and the feisty Nurse Carla (Judy Reyes, “<i>Oz</i>”).

The second season features guest stars Heather Locklear (“<i>Spin City</i>”) as Dr. Cox’s sexy girlfriend,
Rick Schroder (“<i>NYPD Blue</i>”) as Elliot’s handsome doctor friend, Tom Cavanagh (“<i>Ed</i>”) as J.D.’s
brother, and the late, great John Ritter as J.D.’s father. Lela Lee (“<i>Curb Your Enthusiasm</i>,” “<i>Felicity</i>”)
and legendary star Dick Van Dyke also have guest roles.

<center><u><b>SCRUBS BONUS FEATURES</b></u></center>

• <b>JOHNNY C. KEEPS TALKING</b>
One-on-one with John C. McGinley

• <b>SECRETS AND LIES</b>
The truth about gossip, jokes and stories revealed

• <b>MUSICAL STYLINGS</b>
Find out how songs are chosen and enhance the show

• <b>PRACTICE, PRACTICE, MALPRACTICE - OUTTAKES</b>

• <b>IMAGINATION GONE WILD</b>
The cast gives exclusive insights into dream sequences

• <b>SCRUBBED OUT - DELETED SCENES</b>

• <b>ALTERNATE LINES: A SECOND OPINION</b>

• <b>A RARE CONDITION</b>
Behind the scenes on production design, wardrobe and stunts

• <b>STUNT CASTING</b>

• <b>J.D.’S MOJO</b>

• <b>AUDIO COMMENTARIES WITH CREATOR AND CAST</b>

<b><u>STREET DATE: November 15, 2005</b>
Direct prebook</u>: September 20, 2005
<u>Distributor prebook</u>: August 4, 2005
<u>Suggested retail price</u>: $39.99 (3 Disc DVD).
<u>Rated</u>: TV-14
Bonus materials unrated and subject to change.
<u>Feature running time</u>: Approximately 479 minutes
<u>DVD aspect ratio</u>: 1.33:1, formatted 4x3
<u>Sound</u>: Dolby® Digital 5.1 Surround Sound
<u>Language</u>: English audio

<a href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... ovemz">Buy <b>Scrubs: The Complete Second Season</b> from Amazon.com</a>

<a href="http://www.ultimatedisney.com/scrubs-season2.html">Read our DVD review of <b>Scrubs: The Complete Second Season</b></a>

<a href="http://www.ultimatedisney.com/scrubs-season1.html">Read our DVD review of <b>Scrubs: The Complete First Season</b></a>

<b>SCRUBS</b> is created by Bill Lawrence (“Spin City”) and produced by Touchstone Television.

Touchstone Television has established itself as one of Hollywood's leading productions companies,
supplying critically acclaimed quality entertainment to the television industry.

Buena Vista Home Entertainment, an industry leader, is committed to showcasing great television on
DVD. BVHE has responded to consumer demand by providing an ever-increasing amount of quality
television entertainment in the collectible DVD format. BVHE’s superbly mastered DVD box sets
include “Alias,” “Scrubs,” “Tilt,” “The Golden Girls,” “Home Improvement,” “Felicity,” “Popular,” “Boy
Meets World,” “Sports Night,” “Once And Again,” and “Sweet Valley High.” Upcoming box sets
include the blockbuster series “Desperate Housewives” and “Lost.”

Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Inc. is a recognized industry leader. Buena Vista Home
Entertainment, Inc. is the marketing, sales and distribution company for Walt Disney, Touchstone,
Hollywood Pictures, Miramax, Dimension and Buena Vista videocassettes and DVDs.
Last edited by Luke on Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SofaKing381222
Anniversary Edition

Post by SofaKing381222 »

YaY! This is one of the complete seasons I can get my family to watch! I LOVE this show! And there are so many bonus features! I cant wait!
We need season sets of all DCOSs and all DCOMs on DVD! And Better Cover Art!

My DVD's / My Space
Pasta67
Anniversary Edition

Post by Pasta67 »

Luke wrote:• <b>JOHNNY C. KEEPS TALKING</b>
One-on-one with John C. McGinley
Looks like they're doing a special one-on-one with a new character every season. I loved Zack Braff's, so I'm pretty sure I'll like this one.
Luke wrote:• <b>SECRETS AND LIES</b>
The truth about gossip, jokes and stories revealed
This sounds like a funny and informative segment. I wonder what exactly it's about, though.
Luke wrote:• <b>MUSICAL STYLINGS</b>
Find out how songs are chosen and enhance the show
I'll be very happy to see this. The music has always been a fundamental part of Scrubs and it always fits the scene or mood so well. I'd love to see how it's chosen.
Luke wrote:• <b>PRACTICE, PRACTICE, MALPRACTICE - OUTTAKES</b>
Gotta love outtakes.
Luke wrote:• <b>IMAGINATION GONE WILD</b>
The cast gives exclusive insights into dream sequences
These are some of my favorite parts of the show. I'll be so happy to see this segment.
Luke wrote:• <b>SCRUBBED OUT - DELETED SCENES</b>
They're deleted scenes, who doesn't love them.
Luke wrote:• <b>ALTERNATE LINES: A SECOND OPINION</b>
These were fun in the last release. I look forward to seeing it again.
Luke wrote:• <b>A RARE CONDITION</b>
Behind the scenes on production design, wardrobe and stunts
I'm hoping this is a long documentary and not a 5-minute long segment.
Luke wrote:• <b>STUNT CASTING</b>
Sweet.
Luke wrote:• <b>J.D.’S MOJO</b>
I guess they're acknowledgeing the fact that J.D. has done something with pretty much every girl on the main cast and this is about that. This should be good.
Luke wrote:• <b>AUDIO COMMENTARIES WITH CREATOR AND CAST</b>
These were so funny and informative last season. Here's hoping they keep it up.

This is sounding like a spectacular DVD set. I hope they can come up with original bonus features like these for every DVD release of the show. One thing it doesn't mention is if this time, they'll include the theme song in its' entirety. In the first release, they used the shortened version, so I (and my dad) hope it's the full version this time.
- John
Today4U
Limited Issue

Post by Today4U »

When Scrubs' first season originally aired it was the "shortened" version. In season two they started using the longer version, then stopped, then started, then stopped. And I think they've used it once since then. I never liked the extended opening, so I'm much happier with the shorter, original version.
James
Anniversary Edition

Post by James »

Guys, the TVShowsOnDVD Forum has a topic started on what is expected for this season set for Scrubs, with information regarding the bonus features from DVDAnswers.com. Basically it says the same things that have been listed here, with the episodes that the audio commentarys are on, and who are included in them. Enjoy!

'My Overkill' from Bill Lawrence, Zach Braff and Donald Faison

'My Case Study' from Bill Lawrence and Ken Jenkins

'My First Step' from Bill Lawrence and Donald Faison

'My Sex Buddy' from Bill Lawrence and Sarah Chalke

'His Story' from Bill Lawrence and John C. MnGinley

'My T.C.W.' from Bill Lawrence and Judy Reyes.

-James
SofaKing381222
Anniversary Edition

Post by SofaKing381222 »

Why is JD's mug on the spine, shouldn't they change the diffrent charcters. I hate it when companies do this! Boy Meets World has Cory on every spine! THERE ARE OTHER CHARACTERS IN THE SHOW, YOU KNOW!

EDIT: Eww, post 666 :twisted: :angry: :twisted:

My DVD's / My Space
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Passing this neat opportunity from Disney along to UD Forum readers...

<b>Tell us what you think for the chance to win a free copy of SCRUBS SEASON 2 on DVD!</b>

We want your vote! SCRUBS Season 2 will be available on DVD November 15 and we want your help in choosing the TV commercial to use for this hilarious new release! Just watch 3 TV commercials and complete the short survey, and you will have the chance to instantly win Scrubs Season 2 on DVD! <a href="http://www.hypemakers.net/scrubs2adv/go/v/tx1/adv/4301" target="_blank">Click here</a> to go to the survey!

J.D. (Braff) returns for his second year at Sacred Heart Hospital, filled with new relationships, medical mistakes and the intimidating janitor. Scrubs Season 2 features all 22 episodes of the second season and includes the original and unedited music. There are guest stars galore and a line-up of never-before-seen, outrageous bonus features, including: a one on one interview with John C. McGinley, audio commentaries with cast and creator, deleted scenes, alternate lines, stunt casting, outtakes, a featurette on the show’s music, and much more!
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
Mushu2083
Special Edition

Post by Mushu2083 »

Yay! That will tide me over until Scrubs is back on TV. By the way, does anyone know WHEN Scrubs will be back on the air? Did they cancel it?
Dragon, not lizard. I don't do that tongue thing.

Lilo: I'm not touching you!
Stitch: TOUCHING ME!
That1GuyPictures
Gold Classic Collection

SCRUBS - THE COMPLETE SECOND SEASON DVD REVIEW

Post by That1GuyPictures »

I'll just delete my old review. Luke's is much better, as always! 8)
Last edited by That1GuyPictures on Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
2099net
Signature Collection

Re: SCRUBS - THE COMPLETE SECOND SEASON DVD REVIEW

Post by 2099net »

That1GuyPictures wrote:The bonus features amount to a little over 45 mins, but all are worth watching, especially the feature on Music. The secrets and lies feature is exactly what it claims to be. It's actors and directors spreading gossip about the show and each other - and it's not even tongue in cheek...the only thing I didn't like about it was finding out that a lot of the cast and crew doesn't exactly get along with each other most of the time.
Well, I think you've underestimated the bonus features there. There's about 70 minutes (at least on the UK set I've had for the past two months) plus, of course, the commentaries.

I'm not sure if the UK has more special features or not. We do get the season over an extra disc. The press releases seem to be the same.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
That1GuyPictures
Gold Classic Collection

You're right, I was just making a rough estimation...it's a little closer to an hour...but don't take my word for it...read Luke's review.
Last edited by That1GuyPictures on Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
SofaKing381222
Anniversary Edition

Post by SofaKing381222 »

Wow! Nice review, Im buying mine tomorrow. I can't wait!

My DVD's / My Space
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

A really excellent review, Luke. It was nice reliving this season and what made it so enjoyable via your review. I was getting excited about it as I read through it, but alas, I still have to get the first season first. Audio, video, and bonus features all sound really outstanding (and also frustrating, when compared to other BV shows :(). Here's to hoping NBC follows through and brings Scrubs back in January (and with hopefully more than 13 episodes). Maybe they'll put it and Three Wishes back-to-back, which would be quite convenient for me, because once Joey inevitably gets the axe, there won't be much else left for me at NBC outside of late night.

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Thanks for the compliments! In doing some research for the review, it seems like NBC still has a full season order in on "Scrubs", so it hopefully and conceivably could just start airing a new episode on a weekly basis through like early-mid June. Seems unlikely, but then so does the fact that Season 5 hasn't already started.
That1GuyPictures
Gold Classic Collection

AwallaceUNC wrote: Maybe they'll put it and Three Wishes back-to-back, which would be quite convenient for me, because once Joey inevitably gets the axe, there won't be much else left for me at NBC outside of late night.

-Aaron
Scrubs is the best thing on NBC, and three wishes is great as well...
But have you seen the Office on Tuesday nights? It's actually really funny!
It is second only to Srcubs in my opinion.
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

No, I haven't seen The Office, but I hear it's funny and it looks good too. I've read that it's being considered for cancellation, though. Is that still the case? Steve Carrell is funny.

Great news about Scrubs, Luke!

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
That1GuyPictures
Gold Classic Collection

Nope! Acutally they just ordered the entire rest of the second season to 22 episodes...which is pretty cool, considering the entire first season was only six episodes long.

The creator of the Simpsons is developing it, and more than half of the cast of the show write the episodes. It's a real neat concept, and the first season DVD has amazing 1.78:1 fully digital 16x9 transfers with 1 full hour of deleted scenes that are just as good as the show itself.

The whole show is structured in a way very similar to the Christopher Guest film, "A Mighty Wind."
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

That1GuyPictures wrote:It's a real neat concept, and the first season DVD has amazing 1.78:1 fully digital 16x9 transfers with 1 full hour of deleted scenes that are just as good as the show itself.

The whole show is structured in a way very similar to the Christopher Guest film, "A Mighty Wind."
Or indeed. The Office. ;)
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database