Create some new Disney DVD lines!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Create some new Disney DVD lines!

Post by Wonderlicious »

Okay, I have an idea; why don't we invent some new DVD lines for Disney DVD? We all complain about how bad Disney is at making DVDs, so why don't we come in and fix them?

My first idea...

Into the Archives
This is a series of special 3 Disc Collector's Editions that should simultaneously be released alongside a 2 Disc Edition (like what is happening with The Wizard of Oz and Titanic this month, with just a 3rd disc being added on at an additional cost). The first disc would contain the movie (of course :roll:), along with such things as fun facts during the movie features and a few (aside from a DVD ROM feature, which would go on Disc 2) kiddy fluff. Disc 2 would have regular retrospective features (such as "making of", "memories of" and maybe even 30 minute long pieces somehow related to the movie like on the Warner discs to give context) as well as a few deleted scenes and songs, publicity, galleries and some DVD ROM content. Disc 3 would trasnsport the viewer back to the time of the film in question's release, with a little featurette on the year that the film was released and a general introduction to what will be found on the disc. Such things will mainly be archive clips (such as TV shows, original making ofs). In addition, the disc would include rarities from way before the film's production, such as silent films that were previous versions of the film/inspired the film. Also included would be little goodies such as a certificate of authenticity and a litograph. Titles that I would definately include in these sets would be Snow White, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King.
Lars Vermundsberget
Collector's Edition

Post by Lars Vermundsberget »

My question would be: Is there enough interesting material available to warrant three-disc editions of most of these titles?

If the starting-point is a wish to make three-disc editions, I seriously fear that one might end up creating more "fluff". I wouldn't mind editions that would lose the "kiddie fluff", though.

Sometimes there have been complaints about some material from older laserdisc box sets not being included on the two-disc DVDs. But none of the LD sets, as far as I can tell, contains more material than could fit on to a two-disc DVD.

If there were a particularly good reason to make a three-disc set of a particular title, that would be great, of course. But another "line"?
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

For the Animated Classics, I'd have three types of editions, for each type of collector:

Gold Classic Collection (re-instated) SRP $14.99
This is the simple disc for children, families, etc. It will feature the movie, storybooks, games, sing-along feature, and cartoon shorts. Fun for the whole family. And it comes with FastPlay!

2-Disc Special Edition SRP $24.99
No other name. Special Edition is fitting. The first disc will be the movie, along with audio commentaries by people who worked on the movie, or by film historians. The second disc will feature work about the movie. Making-of features, still galleries (concept and promotional art, storyboards, etc.), trailers, tv spots, and some other stuff like retrospectives and deleted sequences/abandoned concepts. There will also be a DVD-exclusive "Disney Legends: (Insert Name)" featurette. For example, Snow White would have a "Disney Legends: Walt Disney" while Beauty and the Beast would have a "Disney Legends: Howard Ashman". Each film will spotlight one person vital to the film, and give them their own little featurette. The making-of feature spotlights everyone, while this special feature spotlights how much one person contributed to the film.

3-Disc Legacy Edition (borrowing the name from Universal) SRP $39.99
This is the ultimate edition of the film to buy. The first disc is of course the movie, along with commentaries (audio or text) and the trailers. The second disc will be more in-depth than in the 2-Disc Edition, and will delve more into the making of the film. The third disc will be all the related stuff. Things related to the story of the film, or to the film, but not directly necessary to know more about the film (an example is the 1924 silent Peter Pan, or perhaps full texts of Grimms Fairy Tales or Perrault stories of the original classics). The third disc delves more into the "everything else" part of the production, not necessarily always about the movie.

Essentially, every first disc in this series is the Gold Classics Collection disc (with commentaries only on the 2-Disc and 3-Disc edition).

So why 3 editions? Well quite simply there will be families who will only want the movie and nothing else, so GCC is there for them. And the casual collector will probably not want to know about George Washington's Left Shoe, so the 3-disc edition is not necessary, but the 2-disc will be enough for them as it's the movie, and information about making the movie. The 3-disc edition is for the ultimate collector, the one who takes pride in what movies get into his DVD library, and loves every facet of the production, every little detail that is quasi-related to the film.

Giftsets, while I don't particularly enjoy them, will also be available with the 3-disc set. It will feature a book on the film, several sketches, the audio soundtrack (also available separately), and an animated cell. Whatever was given in the other giftsets.

It'll probably be hard to come up with three discs worth of material for some of the underappreciated DAC's (package films, the 1970s films), so as much as I hate to say it, those will be only offered in GCC and 2-Disc editions.

Also, each edition will be in OAR. And they'll never be taken out of print.

Now, for the OTHER Animated movies (other animated films, DTVs, sequels, etc.), they'll only get the Gold Classics Collection and 2-Disc Special Edition treatment. The Legacy Edition is for the best of the best that Disney has to offer.

Live-Action films will be different from the Animated line. There will be the following editions:

Special Edition SRP $14.99
This is a single-disc special edition, basically featuring the movie, audio commentaries, trailers, an hourlong making of feature, deleted scenes (if applicable), and select-scene storyboards. It's a casual DVD for fans of the movie who don't need to know much about it. This can apply for "lesser" films like The North Avenue Irregulars, Max Keeble's Big Move, or Snowball Express. Live-action films won't feature the storybooks or games like in the Gold Classics Collection.

2-Disc Collector's Edition SRP $24.99
For the Disney hits (critical, box office, or cult), they will get a 2-disc edition which is an expanded version of the single-disc Special Edition. It will feature more on making the movie, wtih more bonuses, like retrospectives, marketing, and SFX features.

3-Disc Legacy Edition SRP $39.99
The BIG live-action films from Disney receive this treatment. Essentially, it's the Vault Disney Collection times 10. Don't know how else to explain it. Mary Poppins would be the first to get this treatment.

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

My question would be: Is there enough interesting material available to warrant three-disc editions of most of these titles?
There may well be. Remember that there are also TV specials from across the years which could slide on, and as I said, silent films. Follow my examples:

Snow White
Disc 1: Movie, Audio Commentary, Games, Music Video
Disc 2: New Making of, Deleted Scenes, Trailers, Restoration Documentary, Disney Through the Decades, Galleries, Storyboard to Film Comparisons, Original Tale in text form
Disc 3: Introduction, Archive pieces from 1937 (such as studio tour), Inspirational Shorts, Original 1916 (?) version that Walt was inspired by, Original Plot Outline, Dick Van Dyke presented 50th Anniversary Special
Extra Stuff: Replica of Theatrical Poster, Certificate of Authenticity

Alice in Wonderland:
Disc 1: Movie, Audio Commentary/Pop Up Fun Facts feature, Music Video, Games
Disc 2: Making of, Deleted Materials, Trailers, TV Spots, TV Introductions, Featurette on the earlier concepts (often dropped), Galleries (include every picture off laserdisc), Featurette on comparison with original novels, Operation Wonderland,
Disc 3: Introduction, BBC Radio Broadcasts, All song/music demos, Inspirational Shorts, Fred Warring Show, One Hour in Wonderland, Silent film version of tale
Extra Stuff: Replica of Lobby Card, Certificate of Authenticity
GhostHost
Gold Classic Collection

Post by GhostHost »

unedited editions
this should incude: Fantasia, Slaoudos Amigos, Make Mine Music, Melody Time, and Alladin(sp?).
Wlecome, foolish mortals, to the Haunted Mansion.
I am your host, your ghost host
Is this haunted room actally stretching or is it just your imagination?
Beware of Hitchiking Ghosts
-The Haunted Mansion(DL and MK)
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

GhostHost wrote:Alladin(sp?).
Aladdin. :wink:
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

The Give-It-A-Second Chance edition, made especially for premium releases of cinematic 'flops'.

The Country Bears: Give-It-A-Second Chance Edition

Disc 1

* Original widescreen presentation of the film
* Existing 'joke' commentary with Bears and director Peter Hastings
* All new 'serious' commentary with director and selected behind the scenes crew
* Existing 'Country Bears: Out of the Woods' mockumentary
* Existing 'Country Bears: Concert For America' ABC TV Special
* Disney Channel's Circle of Stars sing 'Kick It Into Gear'
* The Making of the Circle of Stars 'Kick It Into Gear' Video
* Some all-new set-top games for the kids
* Sneak Peeks ("They're advertising, people!")

Disc 2

* The Making of The Country Bears

An hour plus documentary which shows just how much hard work has gone into making this movie, which virtually everybody rejected at the theaters. Here we look at the script development, the inspired casting, the constuction of the excellent animatronics by Henson's Creature Workshop, the puppeting, the music mixing, the editing and finally the premiere.

* 'The Original Country Bears' featurette

Here we learn all about the original theme park attraction 'The Country Bears', which is quite boring, and possibly explains why people didn't go to the theatre to see this wonderful movie.

* 'It's Just Like The Muppets, People!' featurette

Here, key people discuss how the structure and 'feel' of the film is very similar to the Muppets, expecially the first Muppet Movie. Nobody complained about Muppets living in the 'real' world in the Muppet Movie, and that had a Monster working at a Gas Station! So what does it matter if The Country Bears had lots of talking bears in the 'real' world. Get over it! Oh, and by the way, Fozzie is a bear, and he talked in the Muppet Movie. Oh yes, and before I forget, when the Muppet's riff on popular culture with their gags they're 'clever', when The Country Bears does it, they're 'ripping stuff off'. Okay, whatever. And that goes for guest cameos too.

* 'Writing the Songs with John Haitt' featurette

John discusses writing the original songs for the film. Like the Tarzan CE, this will include early demos of his songs. Unlike the Tarzan CE, it will also include a rant about how Disney, embarrassed by its low box office takings, didn't enter any of the songs for the 'Best Original Song' category of that year's Oscar® ceremony, allowing generic dross like Paul Simon's 'Father and Daughter' to win.

* Music Videos

Kick It Into Gear Music Video by Jennifer Page
The Kid In You Music Video by Krystal
Can Love Stand The Test Music Video by Don Henley & Bonnie Raitt
Straight To The Heart Of Love Music Video by John Hiatt with E.G. Daily, Colin Hay, Don Henley, Bonnie Raitt

* On Set Bloopers

* Deleted Scenes
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

Okay another line;

Disney Rarities Collection
This would be a 2 Disc Set series of some of the more obscure Disney films, digitally restored and remastered and uncut. Bonus features would include John Canemaker/Leonard Maltin audio commentaries, featurettes (30 minutes) on the making of the films, galleries, publicity materials, deleted materials, TV footage, information on the things of which the films are based on and more.

Titles in this series would include...

Saludos Amigos
The Three Caballeros
Make Mine Music
Melody Time
Fun and Fancy Free
The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr Toad
Song of the South
So Dear to My Heart
The Black Cauldron
Return to Oz
Last edited by Wonderlicious on Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
memnv
Collector's Edition

Post by memnv »

I would bet disney will have pleanty of new lines in the future, every time they re-release a Dvd it has a new line
Dark Knight Rulez
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

LOL, I love that Give-it-a-second-chance Edition! Almost makes me wanna see Country Bears!

As for newer lines by Disney, I'm unsure as to whether or not they will have some. We all know that WDT won't last forever (unless they scrape the bottom of the barrel in 2015 and give us Walt Disney Treasures: Security Footage at Disneyland), and that the Platinums have a finite number of releases (14) unless they decide to add more.

Still, I think they should at least give every DAC a 2-disc treatment, no matter what the edition is called.

Escapay
WIST #60:

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
jamminjake245
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jamminjake245 »

For Blu-Ray I wouldn't mind something like this:

Star Edition: (Ya' know..when you wish upon a star...)

It would be in high defination on a total of 3 disks. It would contain every bonus feature possible with no fluff (seperate one disk release full of fluff for kids) The edition would contain many features..everything ever on a laser disk, dvd version(s), and then some new material. It would also be very slim and the most advance audio at the time. The DVD also would contain materials that can be seen in giftsets, w/ a few other rare items that you could get. Something like 1 out of every 5 editions gets a gold star w/ the Disney logo.
Wants Muppet Babies on DVD!!
Hopefully if Duckales and Rescue Rangers sell well we will get it!! Don't forget Gummi Bears!
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a174/ ... Banner.jpg
TashieGirl
Gold Classic Collection

Post by TashieGirl »

Inspired: The Orignal Story

In this one, we take a look at stories that inspired great Disney movies. We see that in Pinocchio, the puppet was a real brat and sqaushed Jiminy Cricket. Oh, and did I mention that in the end, he didn't turn into a real boy. He got hung! Our next stop is The Little Mermaid were we see insted of Ursula using her magic to turn Ariel into a human, Ariel had to drink a potion and when she drank it, it felt like a sword was going though her. When she turned human, every step she took felt like she was walking on broken glass. In the end, prince Eric doesn't marry her and Ariel is disapointed. Her sisters visit her and tell her that she can become a mermaid again if she kills the prince. But she can't because she loves him, so she kills herself insted. Our last stop is the Hunchback of Notre Dame. Here, we learn that Phebos doesn't care much for Esmerelda. Esmerelda finds her long lost mother but a little while after that she gets (like Pinocchio) hung. Qusai dies a year later for some strage reason and may years later find Qusai and Esmerelda skeletons together in harmony. Appropriate for all ages.
Last edited by TashieGirl on Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"But I guarantee you, if straight men had a period you would never hear the end of it."
-Margaret Cho
Kram Nebuer
Anniversary Edition

Post by Kram Nebuer »

TashieGirl wrote:Inspired: The Orignal Story

In this one, we take a look at stories that inspired great Disney movies.
Appropriate for all ages.
rotfl

but really, I think kids would be terrified if they sat through something like that. You're forgetting:

Cinderella: Not much to change, just that Cinderella gets to go to the ball three times.

Alice in Wonderland: Alice meets other characters like the Duchess, the Cook, the baby turned pig, the frog and fish ppl, the griffin, the mock turtle, the jabberwocky, the chess piece ppl, and lots of others.

Peter Pan: Not much to change, except Tinker Bell nearly dies from poison and not a bomb explostion (though the latter seems fitting for the time period it was made). There are other stuff I don't remember.

Sleeping Beauty: Hah-ha, this one has a second half, or rather more of a sequel. After Aurora is awakened, she and Prince Philip get married and have two children (Day, a boy, and Aurora, a girl...this may have to change for Disney since they already used Aurora for SB). Then Prince Philip goes off to war and is forced to leave Aurora and his children with his Ogress mother (How an ogress and human make Grendel, but then in this story they make a handsome prince is beyond me). I think once he's gone, the ogress has a strong desire to eat her grandchildren, but Philip comes home in time to save his family and his mother is so ashamed she leaps into a pit of vipers. Wonderfully charming story...

Beauty and the Beast: Belle has two mean sisters.

Aladdin: Aladdin has a genie in a lamp and a ring. He wins Jasmine by having a lot of gold, a house, and something else. I don't remember what other differences there are.

Pocahontas: John Smith is a nasty old english man, and the Powahatans didn't really want to hurt him. It was just a religious/spiritual ritual and Pocahontas, who is only 12, had the role in saving him. Though this theory is just that: a theory. He leaves, but the she goes to England and marries John Rolfe and is made to look like an Englishwoman (hey the sequel got it right, yet ppl still got upset...)

There are others like Tarzan, Mulan, 101 Dalmations, etc that I'm sure have different "Inspired Stories"

hehehe, I didn't expect to write that much, lol!

Here is my idea for a DVD line:

Disney Attractions at the Movies DVD Series

These would be the DVDs you'd find at the ride exit gift shop. Rather than being the movie DVD you can buy anywhere else for $10 cheaper, this would be a park exclusive, containing:

~ The movie that inspired the ride or was inspired by the attraction
~ If available, a short making-of the movie (for longer one, you buy the DVD made for the movie)
~ Memorable ride-through or show
~ A Making-of the ride feature of a narrative with concept art and interviews with imagineers, cast members, park guests
~ Animated Art Galleries of: concept art, attraction poster art, publicity art, live action stills, attraction signs, attraction atmosphere, attraction hosts costumes, attraction inspired souveniers stills (though this may be much too much to fit on a DVD), opening day stills, park character stills, etc.

Titles in the series:

Adventureland:
Pirates of the Caribbean, Jungle Cruise (coming soon), The Swiss Family Robinson, Aladdin (Aladdin's Magic Carpets, DLP walk-through attraction)

Frontierland:
The County Bear Jamboree (The Country Bears), Splash Mountain (Song of the South), The Haunted Mansion (Phantom Manor in Disneyland Paris), Tom Sayer Island (Tom and Huck)

New Orleans Square:
Pirates of the Caribbean
The Haunted Mansion

Liberty Square:
The Haunted Mansion

Fantasyland:
Sleeping Beauty (Castles: DL, DLP, HKDL), Cinderella (Castles: WDW, TDL), Snow White's Scary Adventures and Snow White: An Enchanting new Musical (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs), The Sword in the Stone (SITS ceremony, King Arthur's Carrousel), Pinnochio (Pinnochio's Daring Journey. Pinnochio's Village Haus), Alice in Wonderland (ride, teacups, Curious Labyrinth, Queen of Hearts restaurant), Peter Pan (Peter Pan's Flight, Tinker Bell's Toy Shop), Mickey's Philharmagic on DVD!!!, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (just Mr. Toad part of Adventure of Ichabod Crane and Mr. Toad for movie), The Haunted Mansion (at Tokyo Disneyland), The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (MAoWtP, Pooh's Hunny Hunt TDL & DLP), Dumbo (Dumbo Flying Elephants, Casey Jr. Circus Train), Ariel's Grotto (The Little Mermaid), 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Fantasyland Gardens of HKDL (Mulan, Mary Poppins, and others)

Tomorrowland:
Submarine Voyage (20,000 Leagues Under the Sea), Honey, I...movies (Honey, I Shrunk the Audience [DL], Microadventure [TDL])

Toontown:
Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin (Who Framed Roger Rabbit?), Mouseworks/House of Mouse on DVD!!!!!!, Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers

Disney-MGM Studios:
Tower of Terror, Beauty and the Beast (Live On Stage), Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Muppet*Vision 3D (Muppet movies set), Honey, I...movies (Honey, I... Adventure set)

Epcot:
Honey, I...movies (Honey, I shrunk the Audience), Finding Nemo (the Living Seas), Animated classics for the respective countries (e.g. France: BatB, Cinderella, Aristocats, etc., China: Mulan, Germany: SW, SB, Italy: Pinnochio, Canada: Brother Bear?, Mexico: The Three Caballeros, UK: Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland, Mary Poppins, etc.)

Animal Kingdom:
Festival of the Lion King, Pocahontas and her Forest Friends, Tarzan Rocks!, Dinosaur, It's Tough to be a Bug

Disney California Adventure:
Muppet*Vision 3D, Aladdin Musical Spectacular, A Bug's Land, King Triton's Carrousel (The Little Mermaid)

Tokyo DisneySea:
Aladdin (Arabian Coast), The Little Mermaid (Mermaid Lagoon), 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (Mysterious Island)

phew...I hope I didn't forget any, but I have a feeling I have, lol....that was fun, time for bed :lol:
Last edited by Kram Nebuer on Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
<a href=http://kramnebuer.dvdaf.com/>My ºoº DVDs </a>
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

Presenting the

Worse than the previous edition DVD collection

Coming soon to own on Disney DVD, inspired by the overwhelming sales of our pointless 1 disc reissues of "Tarzan" and "The Emperor's New Groove".

The Lion King: 'Worse than the Previous Edition' Edition

Own this new 1 disc DVD that takes all the material from the previous two disc set, throws half of them away, jams in some pointless and confusing ones for good measure that will no doubt frustrate fans

Disc 1:

The film - In a first for a Disney DVD, this edition sees an new transfer of the film. Taken from a copy of the 1995 VHS, transfered to DVD the film has never looked crappier. The Pan and scan VHS transfer used was then cropped to create a widescreen effect, rendering the picture horribly unwatchable.

Languages: Even though this DVD is being released to North America, no English soundtrack will be included, viewers must watch the film in Greek!

Bonus features:

Timon's Pointless CGI crap fest game:
Watch a CGI Timon horribly animated by someone who was clearly drunk, lead your kids through a cherade that is simply a trivia quiz with random interruptions.

Deleted Scene - Circle of Life:
See the opening scene Circle of Life which was cut from the original film*.

Sing a long song - "Everybody Wants to Be a Cat"
Sing to the the classic song from the beloved film "The Aristocats".

The Making of the DVD
Journey to a factory in Minnesota where the process of printing the discs is carried out. Listen in awe as Bob details the century old traditions of imprinting pictures upon the discs, and hear how there is pressure from groups who wish to see DVDs being made in the traditional way as the Ancient Egyptians did. Also hear how large DVD producing factories are thought to be blamed for the loss of profit for independant DVD makers in small rural towns. Listen to Bill who's father and Grandfather both made DVDs in their barn with an anvil and piece of old shoe, who now faces bankruptcy and has to hang up his DVD making kit for life. Watch as he embarks on a new career as a Florist.

Disney Channel Circle of Stars "I Just Can't Wait to Be King"
Watch generic tween stars who apparantly are famous murder the classic song.

The Making of "Disney Channel Circle of Stars "I Just Can't Wait to Be King" "
Go behing the scenes of the video

The Making of "The Making of "Disney Channel Circle of Stars "I Just Can't Wait to Be King" " "
Go behind the scenes of the making of

The Making of "The Making of "The Making of "Disney Channel Circle of Stars "I Just Can't Wait to Be King" " " "
Go behing the scenes of the making of, the making of.

In every DVD there is a coupon for half price safari trips, to go to Africa and shoot the animals you see in the film, strip their parts and sell them on the black market.

Streetdate: 45th Marchtober 2012

SRP: $59.99

*This scene was originally part of the film during it's theatrical run, but for the purposes of pointless bonus features, we have cut this sequence from the film and inserted it as a bonus feature.
Andy
Special Edition

Post by Andy »

ichabod wrote:Timon's Pointless CGI crap fest game:
Watch a CGI Timon horribly animated by someone who was clearly drunk, lead your kids through a cherade that is simply a trivia quiz with random interruptions.
Ooooooooo can we get new CGI menus in the same style also? :shock:
At least 25 minutes long ones :wink:
hiiiii
Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

THE SLIPCOVER EDITION!!!

Disney has now realize that the secret to the successful DVD sales are not the DVDS, but the slipcover themselves! So now Disney has to decided to make a release dedicated to a slipcover!

Bambi: The Slipcover Edition

Disc 1: First there is an unimportant thing called "the film" which is about some deer and a bunch of rabbits.

But then it gets better when we have "Iger's Inside Story Meeting" in which Bob Iger and his Disney workers explain how they adapted a slipcover from this unimportant movie.

Disc 2: This is where we get to real "meat" of the DVD.

This incredible DVD is divided into 2 sections!

First there are the Games!

Try to Slide in the Slipcover: Your Bambi DVD has just fallen from a 12-foot shelf which would be fine except one thing, YOU FORGOT TO PUT THE SLIPCOVER ON IT! However for some reason, which Disney is too lazy to tell your, time automatically goes into slow motion. You must try to throw the slipcover and hopes it slides on the case before it get damaged! May Slipcovers be with you!

Hunting for Slipcover: You find out that the newest generation for slipcovers come from deer! Get you gun and try to shoot deer in order to get your slipcovers!

and finally the last game:

The Search of a Slipcover: When you go to your room and find that your Bambi DVD DOESN'T have a slipcover, you must go on a noble quest to find this slipcover since it is better than the movie!

Now the second part of this DVD is Backstage Disney!

Here you will find these bonus features:

Deleated Slipcovers: Look at old slipcover ideas and see which ones were scraped!

Behind the Bambi Slipcover: Look at interviews from Bob Iger, Ollie Johnston, Patrick Stewart and Johnny Depp(what does he have to do with Bambi, nothing, but everything sells better with him) and see all the hard work people put into making this brilliant slipcover!

The Making of a Slipcover: This is a REAL TREAT! As you go with Patrick Stewart and go into the slipcover factory and see how a slipcover is made!

Slipcovers: Glue or Velcro?: Look at interviews with some of you favorite celebrities including: Johnny Depp, Nicole Kidman, Jim Carry, Whooppi Golberg, and one of those guys from "Whose Line is it Anyways" as you see what they like better, glue or velcro.

The History of Slipcovers: Go with Leonard Maltin as he tells you why slipcovers are so important to the averege American as he shows you the first slipcovers, the latest ones, and what they mean to people! You get to see interviews with Slipcoverians(very religous people who believe we must honor these slipcovers as gifts from Gods!). He'll also show you the

Slipcover Trailers and t.v. spots: See trailers and t.v. spots for these slipcovers!

and finally

A Sneak Peak at the Bambi 2 Slipcover: See a sneak peak at an all new original slipcover from Disney that every family should own!

Retail price with the slipcover: $100.00! Without the slipcover: $1.00
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

I was thinking about it because of Tarzan and TENG.

Downgrade Edition!!!! :lol:
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Timon/Pumba fan wrote:Slipcover Trailers and t.v. spots: See trailers and t.v. spots for these slipcovers!
Out of the vault for the first time in years...

(picture of wrinkled and torn slipcover)

Digitally restored and reprinted!

(before/after clips of a slipcover)

With the same opening like a book features!

(opens...like a book)

Beauty and the Beast: The Slipcover!

(Show's a picture of people worshiping a slipcover)

also features Beauty and the Beast the animated classic at no extra charge.

Escapay
WIST #60:

WIST #61:
TashieGirl
Gold Classic Collection

Post by TashieGirl »

Kram Nebuer wrote:
TashieGirl wrote:Inspired: The Orignal Story

In this one, we take a look at stories that inspired great Disney movies.
Appropriate for all ages.
rotfl

but really, I think kids would be terrified if they sat through something like that. You're forgetting:

Cinderella: Not much to change, just that Cinderella gets to go to the ball three times.

Alice in Wonderland: Alice meets other characters like the Duchess, the Cook, the baby turned pig, the frog and fish ppl, the griffin, the mock turtle, the jabberwocky, the chess piece ppl, and lots of others.

Peter Pan: Not much to change, except Tinker Bell nearly dies from poison and not a bomb explostion (though the latter seems fitting for the time period it was made). There are other stuff I don't remember.

Sleeping Beauty: Hah-ha, this one has a second half, or rather more of a sequel. After Aurora is awakened, she and Prince Philip get married and have two children (Day, a boy, and Aurora, a girl...this may have to change for Disney since they already used Aurora for SB). Then Prince Philip goes off to war and is forced to leave Aurora and his children with his Ogress mother (How an ogress and human make Grendel, but then in this story they make a handsome prince is beyond me). I think once he's gone, the ogress has a strong desire to eat her grandchildren, but Philip comes home in time to save his family and his mother is so ashamed she leaps into a pit of vipers. Wonderfully charming story...

Beauty and the Beast: Belle has two mean sisters.

Aladdin: Aladdin has a genie in a lamp and a ring. He wins Jasmine by having a lot of gold, a house, and something else. I don't remember what other differences there are.

Pocahontas: John Smith is a nasty old english man, and the Powahatans didn't really want to hurt him. It was just a religious/spiritual ritual and Pocahontas, who is only 12, had the role in saving him. Though this theory is just that: a theory. He leaves, but the she goes to England and marries John Rolfe and is made to look like an Englishwoman (hey the sequel got it right, yet ppl still got upset...)

There are others like Tarzan, Mulan, 101 Dalmations, etc that I'm sure have different "Inspired Stories"
Oh how can foget the other stories. Let's see. Kids willbe delighted to learn that in the original story of Cinderella, the two evil step sisters try cutting off piceces of their foot so it can fit in the glass sliper. And at Cindy's wedding, they get their eyes picked out of their sockets by birds. In Sleeping Beauty, Aurora gets her finger pricked by a spinning weel and falls asleep for a hundrend years. Around the end of that time, Prince Philip comes and rapes her for no particular reason and gets her pregnant. Nine months later, Aurora gives birth to two lovely babies(even though she was comatose and the babies got no nutrition while they were in Aurora womb. Somehow, Aurora wakes up and she, Prince Philip, and their two kids live happily ever after. In my opinion, Aurora doesn't mind at all that her beloved prince raped her. And in Snow White, Snow White and her prince make the Wicked Queen dance on hot rocks until she dies. Gee, and I thought Snow White was nice. Kids everywhere will enjoy the fun filled ride of Inspired: The Original Story
"But I guarantee you, if straight men had a period you would never hear the end of it."
-Margaret Cho
Prince Eric
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Eric »

My ultimate collection (maybe diamond?) would consist of the absolute best of the animated classics line and I'd do my best to have every era represented:

Fantasia
Pinocchio
Bambi
Cinderella
Lady & The Tramp
The Jungle Book
101 Dalmatians
The Little Mermaid
Beauty and the Beast
Aladdin
The Lion King
Pocahontas
Lilo & Stitch

:)
The Top 10 Films of 2005:
1) Brokeback Mountain 2) The Squid and the Whale 3) Me And You And Everyone We Know 4) The New World 5) A History of Violence 6) Match Point 7) Munich 8.) Crash 9) Wallace and Gromit 10) Pride & Prejudice