Favorite Restaurant (Chain)

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Alan wrote:
DaveWadding wrote: because most of the Asioan restaurants (at least in this area, I wont pretend like I know about other areas) are one shot family owned type deals, and the topic title specfically says CHAINS?
there are actually asian restaurant chains in boston. Take Minado (Japanese Seafood buffet), for instance. Its a chain, although not really big.
Well not all of us are in Boston so we can't exactly know about a little-known chain.

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Alan
Anniversary Edition

Post by Alan »

Actually, they have locations in boston, new york, and new jersey. Go to http://minado.com/locations.htm to check.
memnv
Collector's Edition

Post by memnv »

One of the best Oriental chains is P.F.Changs
Dark Knight Rulez
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

I whole heartedly agree. P.F. Chang's is one of the best, if not THE best Chinese food restaurant in the U.S.

:roll:
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
orestes.
Anniversary Edition

Post by orestes. »

There are a few I like but my ultimate favourite is...

Swiss Chalet :)
<a href="http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=orestes" target="_blank">my wonderful dvds.</a>
Alan
Anniversary Edition

Post by Alan »

memnv wrote:One of the best Oriental chains is P.F.Changs
NEver heard of that restaurant. I'm gonna look it up now.
memnv
Collector's Edition

Post by memnv »

P.F.Changs is nation wide we have one in Reno, they have it in Vegas, my brother and sister live in Virginia and they have it
Dark Knight Rulez
Alan
Anniversary Edition

Post by Alan »

Just looked it up, and they have it in boston. But I don't eat chinese food in boston except chinatown, and the restaurant isn't in chinatown
DaveWadding
Collector's Edition

Post by DaveWadding »

Alan wrote:Just looked it up, and they have it in boston. But I don't eat chinese food in boston except chinatown, and the restaurant isn't in chinatown
What a snotty little elitist you are.
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

DaveWadding wrote:
Alan wrote:Just looked it up, and they have it in boston. But I don't eat chinese food in boston except chinatown, and the restaurant isn't in chinatown
:lol:

Reminds me of this guy who runs a Canceled Soap Opera Messageboard. In his twisted logic, a soap opera isn't a soap opera unless it's produced in New York City. So everything else, LA-soaps, overseas soaps, they're just "serials" with similarities to soaps, but don't deserve the name soap opera. On his board he goes as far to refer to Days of Our Lives as "the hourglass show on NBC" and General Hospital as "the hourlong serial on ABC". Young and the Restless is "the hourlong Bell show" and Bold and the Beautiful is "the halfhour Bell show".

Maybe for Alan, Chinese food worthy for him to eat is only in Boston's Chinatown. So if he ever takes a trip to China, he won't eat the food, because it's not "real" Chinese food (though in China, it would just be called food, wouldn't it?)

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Alan
Anniversary Edition

Post by Alan »

DaveWadding wrote:
Well, my dad works in chinatown. And plus, the only real "authentic" chinese food is located in chinatown. Plus, I'm chinese and I know a lot of the restaurants, and I have eaten at those chinese buffets in the suburbs, but the best food is located in chinatown. And don't think that chinatown is this really clean and wealthy area. Its actually really dirty and smelly, but contains really good restaurants.

And escapay, I do eat chinese food in the suburbs of boston, but not in the actual city of boston. I doubt that there are a lot of places in downtown boston other than chinatown that have chinese food.
Last edited by Alan on Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robin Hood
Anniversary Edition

Post by Robin Hood »

- Jonathan
Alan
Anniversary Edition

Post by Alan »

oh yeah, I forgot. Wendys is also one of my favorite chain restaurants. I like their burgers.
memnv
Collector's Edition

Post by memnv »

Alan wrote:
DaveWadding wrote: What a snotty little elitist you are.
Well, my dad works in chinatown. And plus, the only real "authentic" chinese food is located in chinatown. Plus, I'm chinese and I know a lot of the restaurants, and I have eaten at those chinese buffets in the suburbs, but the best food is located in chinatown. And don't think that chinatown is this really clean and wealthy area. Its actually really dirty and smelly, but contains really good restaurants.

And escapay, I do eat chinese food in the suburbs of boston, but not in the actual city of boston. I doubt that there are a lot of places in downtown boston other than chinatown that have chinese food.
You would be surprised by the amount of chinese food outside of chinatown. maybe if you looked you would notice it, and I bet some of it would be good, but you would never know would you since you are so hooked on chinatown. I have eaten in Chinatown in New York and San Fransico and they are very good, but I have been to lots of other good chinese resturants too.
Dark Knight Rulez
DVDBuff1
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Favorite Restaurant (Chain)

Post by DVDBuff1 »

P.F. Chang's
Olive Garden
Cheesecake Factory
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I don't know if this is a restaurant everywhere or just in NC, but I've always liked Libby Hills. (A fish-food place.) Subway would be next, I guess. If it's morning time, I'll get Sausage Biscuits and Apple Pies from Hardee's. As far as desserts, it'll always be Wendy's Chocolate Frosty's.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I don't think Libby Hills is even everywhere in NC- I lived in Charlotte and never have heard of it; what kind of restaurant is it?

As someone who can't eat gluten, my favorite restaurants tend to be ones with "safe" foods for me; I haven't even been to a sit-down restaurant in years, I think (wait, pre-social distancing my dad and I went to a Mexican restaurant). Chick-fil-A and Culver's have gluten free options, so I appreciate them a lot. I love the Baconator line at Wendy's (just no bun) and they have good salads. If I had to choose one restaurant, it'd be Taco Bell!! (Before I knew why I was always sick, McDonalds was my fave bc of the McChicken.)
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Really just a nice fish-food place. Mostly for family and large-numbered groups. I've ate there alone before and it always feels a little awkward, but the food is good.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Sorry, you had literally previously said they are a fish restaurant! #Timeforbed

Oh, and we have a local drive thru Chinese food restaurant, Green Tea, and they have the best beef on a stick I've ever had.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I live near the TN border with NC and we don’t have any Libby Hills here, that I know of. Although googling them, their fish looks fantastic!

I love the Wendy’s Baconator, too!!! They are definitely a “sometimes food” but awww heaven when you can have one. I think Wendy’s is my favorite national burger chain.

But for my all-time favorite: I’m basic so I vote “the local Mexican restaurant which serves recipes bastardized for American tastes but is run by a Mexican family.” I’ve eaten there all my life, I requested to eat there for my high school graduation dinner, it’s where my parents had their first date lol. Nobody’s tacos hit like their’s!