Which do you look forward 2 on the TLK DVD?

Polls and games that do not call for discussion.

What feature do you most Anticipate?

The Movie
75%
Making of the movie
No votes
Virtual Safari
10%
"Circle of Life" Music video
No votes
Sneek Peeks
No votes
Galleries
5%
Other (please Specify)
No votes
I look forward to nothing from this DVD
10%

Total votes: 20

Prince Phillip
Anniversary Edition

Which do you look forward 2 on the TLK DVD?

Post by Prince Phillip »

I'm just curious what you are looking forward to viewing the most when you recieve you The Lion King DVD. I was going to include Sneek Peeks, with the Aladdin preview in mind for myself but well I think we all know that story by now but I will still include Sneek Peeks as an option...

I guess for me the answer would be the actual movie, itself! :wink: :P :)

Oh and the making of, includes all the mini documentaries...
Defy Gravity
Jack
Collector's Edition

Post by Jack »

Of course the movie. I haven't seen it in yeeeeeeears, and hearing the fantastic buzz about the picture and sound makes me drool.

Besides that, I really look forward to the Virtual Galleries. Those are almost always my favorite feature.
Lady
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Lady »

well, i've always *liked* the lion king. i don't love it though. so i'm most excited to see the restoration they've done on it which based on reviews, is suppose to be amazing.

i may or may not watch the extras. hopefully they will have something with real live cute lions/baby cubs in it.
indianajdp
Anniversary Edition

Post by indianajdp »

It's all about the movie for me, which is why I have no interest in the Gift Set.
" There's no Dumbass Vaccine " - Jimmy Buffett
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

*Drool* I can't wait to just admire the book and packaging of the Gift Set. Then, I want to see the movie again. It's been almost a year, and before that, it was several years. The IMAX experience was awesome and this won't be able to duplicate it, but it should be good nonetheless. Honestly, none of the extras are really all that exciting to me, having read the lackadasical reviews. The 8-year-old commentary should be good though. Hearing the awesome soundtrack in surround should be neat, though it of course cannot compare with the IMAX theater shaking to the wildebeest stampede.

When all is said and done, it's the movie I love...and at least that's going to finally be on DVD...well in some form.
Mermaid Kelly
Anniversary Edition

Post by Mermaid Kelly »

I can't wait for this one...2 more days! :lol: I liked this movie when I was little, but it wasn't one of my favorites. That was mostly because I didn't really understand it. Por example, I didn't get why adult Simba was singing "how to make her see, the truth about my past, impossible, she'd turn away from me". I didn't get the whole concept of Mufasa dying, and I was really confused in Hakuna Matata, how they sang "It's our problem free, philosophy"....I didn't quite get what the word 'Philosophy" was. :lol: :lol: :lol: But now I fully understand it...hee hee...and love it.
Image Image
Jake Lipson
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jake Lipson »

First and foremost, I'm looking forward to finally seeing the movie in widescreen again. I saw it in 1.85:1 theatrically in 1994, but ever since then it's been 1.33:1, with the exception of the slightly-wider-but-still-cropped IMAX release. Never seen it in the true 1.66:1 ratio before. So even if it isn't exactly the original theatrical version, it's close to it, and seeing it presented in the correct ratio is going to be a nice treat. And although I don't have a fancy sound system (yet), I'm still excited to try out the DEHT mix, too.

As far as extras go, having never owned the laserdisc (nor indeed even a laserdisc PLAYER) I'm looking forward to hearing the commentary track to hear how they made one of my favorite movies of all time. I have immense respect for Roger Allers, Rob Minkoff and Don Hahn and it will be a real treat to hear them tell me how they did it all, just as it was to hear Hahn, Kirk Wise, Gary Trousdale, and Alan Menken let me in on the secrets of the Beauty and the Beast production. The deleted scenes and abandoned concepts are going to be some of the first extras I check out, too. ("Come on, let's go check it out.")

The new doccumentary extras seem worth a look, even if not up to the standard of Snow White and Sleeping Beauty. So I'll give those a look, too, and I really want to see the featurette on the Broadway production. I'm going to see it on tour here in March so this little doc will serve as a tantalizing glimpse of what I'm going to get to gape at come March.

Also, I'm waiting impaitently to see the preview for The Lion King 1 1/2 (and to read the Mini-Storybook included), as that really sounds like a fun sequel that I can't wait to see. I'm itching to see the Mary Poppins SE trailer -- even if it's just some clips from the movie with a fancy announcer talking about how great it is and how an innovative new 2-disc DVD is coming out next year. It'll get me hyped up for it.

And oh yeah -- who in their right mind voted for the Circle of Life music video?
<a href=http://jakelipson.dvdaf.com/owned/ target=blank>My modest collection of little silver movie discss</a>
Chernabog
Special Edition

Post by Chernabog »

:twisted:
NOTHING! :x
Starion
Anniversary Edition

Post by Starion »

I'm interested in the art galleries. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to look at them. The art and background assembly galleries sound cool! I realize that some of the pictures and examples could be found in my Art of The Lion King book, but the DVD might have new art.
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Post by Loomis »

The movie.
Yeah, I know it isn't the original and I know that is terrible and blah blah blah, but I still can't wait to get my hands on the set (should arrive next week).

I am kinda looking forward to the book and all the extra little doo-dads, even if they suck, I love having all that extra crap. :D

Very excited about this, and have been since I saw it at IMAX earlier this year...
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter