Favorite Restaurant (Chain)

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
memnv
Collector's Edition

Post by memnv »

Looked it up it is a chain but it is a north east thing again going as far down as North Carolina
Dark Knight Rulez
SofaKing381222
Anniversary Edition

Post by SofaKing381222 »

When I put (Chain) I thought that would mean no fast food but i wasnt thinking, b/c fast foods are chains too. My list doesnt include fast food though. I never knew this thread would be so popular! I dont know if I can make a list that has nice restaurants mixed with fast food restaurants, they are two diffrent categories!! I also put chain to eliminate the little mama and papa restaurants that noones heard of. It's OK if its a regional thing, like Jack-In-the-Box is allowed. But anyway its nice to hear that most of y'all like the same food as me. Some one put "Chi Chi's Pizza" is that the same as "Ci Ci's Pizza" Im confused!

FAST FOOD LIST:

1. Jack In The Box (Double Bacon Cheeseburger is my #1 Burger!)
2. Arby's (Never see em anymore but I love Beef 'n Cheddar)
3. Chick-fil-A (Popcorn Chicken and Chicken Strips are to die for!)
4. McDonalds (Ranch Premium, Chicken Nuggets, and Big Mac)
5. Wendy's (THE BEST $1.00 MENU EVER!!)
Last edited by SofaKing381222 on Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We need season sets of all DCOSs and all DCOMs on DVD! And Better Cover Art!

My DVD's / My Space
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

SofaKing381222 wrote: I never knew this thread would be so popular!

Some one put "Chi Chi's Pizza" is that the same as "Ci Ci's Pizza" Im confused!
Well more or less it's a one/two line conversation between Alan and memnv, lol.

Don't know about the ChiChi/CiCi dilemma going on there. I've been to CiCi's, and it's a great pizza buffet, but after three slices, I get full.

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
SofaKing381222
Anniversary Edition

Post by SofaKing381222 »

Escapay wrote: Don't know about the ChiChi/CiCi dilemma going on there. I've been to CiCi's, and it's a great pizza buffet, but after three slices, I get full.

Escapay
It never used to be like that. 5 years ago they had much smaller crusts and you could finish 10 and still be hungry (or is that just me?) but recently they increased the crust size and now it is just like anyother pizza chain. I liked having smaller crusts, you could try everything and have a variety.
We need season sets of all DCOSs and all DCOMs on DVD! And Better Cover Art!

My DVD's / My Space
CJ
Anniversary Edition

Post by CJ »

1. Cracker Barrel
2. Sizzler
3. Ruby Tuesday
4. Shoney's
memnv
Collector's Edition

Post by memnv »

The Arby's out here still does Beef n Cheddar- But they dont do the 5 for $5.00 thing anymore
Dark Knight Rulez
davina
Gold Classic Collection

Post by davina »

My favorite restaurant is Olive Garden followed by Mongolian BBQ.

Fast food would be Arby's and Fazoli's.
Lucylover1986
Special Edition

Post by Lucylover1986 »

My top 5:

1. Denny's
2. Ponderosa
3. Long John Silver's
4. KFC
5. Pizza Hut

My fave restaurant is a local place calledLa Bella Sicila that serves such great Italian food!
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

I think when we say Restaurant Chain we should list sit-down, knife and fork restaurants. If we want to talk about Fast Food Favorites we should have another thread about favorite Fast Food places.

Here in Wichita there are a lot of great restaurants to choose from and my favorite five changes on a weekly basis.

Uptown Bistro - Mediterranean style steaks and seafood. My favorite is called "Cedar Plank Salmon Steak" - they oven-bake a Salmon Steak on a Cedar Plank and serve the plank on your plate with 'thrice-baked' mashed potatoes and some very good vegetables. Yummy!!

Applebee's - I just love their all-you-eat riblets.

Famous Dave's - some of the best bar-b-cue in the midwest. They have the best fries in the world, they are baked not fried so they are not greasy. Their catfish fingers are very tasty.

Whiskey Creek Steakhouse - one of the better 'small chains' in the mid-west. Full course steak dinner starting as little as $8.99 with a 20-oz. Porterhouse going for $22.99. Great barbecue menu with fabulous Baby Back Ribs that fall off the bone.

Buffet City - Serving over 200 items including American, Italian, Chinese, Japanese and Mongolian Barbecue. This is one of the newest Buffet-style restaurants in Wichita and it really one of the best. $5.99 during the day until 4 o'clock and then $8.99 evenings and Sundays. One of my first choices for a buffet restaurant these days.

If we listed Fast Food places these would be my top five:

Arby's - 5 for $5.95 on the menu all the time.
Wendy's - all-you-can-eat Chili for $1.49 with purchase of a large drink, on Tuesdays.
Spangles - locally owned Hamburger place that has won Best Burger in Kansas four years in a row - fancy that.
Freddy's Famous Steakburgers and Custard - this place sees the wife and I more often than most fast food joints in town. Food is exceptional and it is very reasonably priced.
Taco Bueno - better than any Del Taco, Taco Bell, or Taco Tico you will ever find. They have a Muchaco Taco that is to die for.

:roll:
Last edited by dvdjunkie on Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
memnv
Collector's Edition

Post by memnv »

Oue Applebees in Carson City is terrible, the food is bad and the service is worse, I never heard of your bottom 3 fast food places and our wendys and arbys dont have those deals. But I do like wendys and I get the chilli or Baked potatoe as my side there instead of fries
Dark Knight Rulez
bennyb98
Gold Classic Collection

Post by bennyb98 »

Its fast food, but I love it... <b>ARBYS</b>!!!!
yankees
Gold Classic Collection

Post by yankees »

memnv wrote:I am very picky on my Pizza I grew up in New York and Pizza was my favorite food, And there are Pizza places on every corner and they were all good. I prefer plain Cheese Pizza. I have found 2 good places in my area. In Carson City we have a resturant called Grand Central Pizza and in Reno we have one called New Yalk Pizza, Both places the owners are from New York and the Pizza is outstanding, After that the next best place is probably Cost-Co who can be good one day and sucks the next.
I totally agree... I find Pizza Hut and Unos and all those pizza chains disgusting... wit costco pizz its okay an its cheap :lol: lolol

I ate at The Cheesecake factory onece.. it was okay

My New Changed List

1. Olive Garden: I love there neverending bread/ great calamari and manicotti
2. Tony Dinapilis: BEST CHICKEN PARM EVER
3. P.F. Changs: Beside Disney Worlds Epcot China this place has te best chineese food
4. Chillijs: Great Chicken
5. Bennigans
6. Applebees
7. Johnny Rockets
________
List of penny stocks
Last edited by yankees on Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alan
Anniversary Edition

Post by Alan »

yankees wrote: I totally agree... I find Pizza Hut and Unos and all those pizza chains disgusting... wit costco pizz its okay an its cheap :lol: lolol
Pizza Hut is not as disgusting as Costco Pizza, or even dominos pizza BTW. Dominos Pizza is gross, too much cheese.
brownie
Special Edition

Post by brownie »

dvdjunkie wrote: Wendy's - all-you-can-eat Chili for $1.49
**giggle**

Does anyone else here think that fast food is disgusting??
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

brownie wrote:Does anyone else here think that fast food is disgusting??
Not necessarily disgusting. More, "I had too much when I was a kid and now I don't really enjoy the taste of it, though I'll have some occasionally if I'm on the go."
Alan wrote:Pizza Hut is not as disgusting as Costco Pizza, or even dominos pizza BTW. Dominos Pizza is gross, too much cheese.
Haven't had Pizza Hut in years, and I had Dominos a couple nights ago. We get Dominos probably once every two weeks because of their 555 deal. Never had Costco Pizza since we don't have Costco in NJ, but we do have Sam's Club, and their pizza is horrible.

I really only like pizza cold nowadays, though. If it's fresh and warm, yeah, I'll eat it, but I prefer cold pizza.

Escapay
WIST #60:

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Alan
Anniversary Edition

Post by Alan »

Escapay wrote:I really only like pizza cold nowadays, though. If it's fresh and warm, yeah, I'll eat it, but I prefer cold pizza.
Cold pizza is gross! The cheese hardens and it tastes really stiff and like cardboard!
Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

chilli´s
outbacksteak house
Burguer King
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Alan wrote:
Escapay wrote:I really only like pizza cold nowadays, though. If it's fresh and warm, yeah, I'll eat it, but I prefer cold pizza.
Cold pizza is gross! The cheese hardens and it tastes really stiff and like cardboard!
Gross to you, good to me. To each his own.

Escapay
WIST #60:

WIST #61:
TashieGirl
Gold Classic Collection

Post by TashieGirl »

I know this might suprise some people but..................

I never been to Sizzlers.

Oh the horror! I like seafood though I seriously doubt I'll go there anytime soon. My aunt doesn't like seafood and I don't think my mom would be caught dead eating at Sizzler's.

Okay, here are my favorite resturant chains in no order"

Mels: For the UD memeber's who never lived in California or never seen American Graffiti , Mels is a 1950's style restruant chain in California. Not only is the food delicious but I love the whole atmosphre. Sure it's usually jammed but they play odies. I should probably wrap this up before I sound to much like a werido.

The Chesescake factory: I don't go there that often because they wait is too long and it cost alot of money. The only one that I've been to is the one in San Fransisco. I love sitting outside because you get a perfect view of Union Square with is my favoite part of San Fransisco. (Oh, and did I mention that you get a great view of the Disnet Store? :D )

Wendy's: It's fast food. So what? I like their Chicken Strips and Fries.

Chevey's: There's one close to my house yet we don't go there often. The last time we went there was in May after we saw a preformance that I was in

Pasta Pamamadoro: This is my mom favorite resturant. Everytime we go out, she always wants to go there. At first, I got annoyed but it kinda grew on me. Besides, I love Italian food.

Other restrurants I like are: California Pizza Kitchen, Barney's, Olive Garden, etc.
"But I guarantee you, if straight men had a period you would never hear the end of it."
-Margaret Cho
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

TashieGirl wrote:I know this might suprise some people but..................

I never been to Sizzlers.
Don't worry, neither have I!

I've seen bits of American Graffiti, and IIRC, Mel's also was at Universal Studios (unless they changed it. Last time I was at Universal was in Florida in 1999).

Escapay
WIST #60:

WIST #61: