does anyone remember... (Humphrey Bear and Ranger)?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
thepapis610

does anyone remember... (Humphrey Bear and Ranger)?

Post by thepapis610 »

the cartoons with a park ranger and a bear. (not yogi bear)in one of the cartoons the bears make a mess and the ranger gets the bears to clean it up. i been trying to remember the name of those characters and i keep having a hard time. help. :?
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Welcome to the forum. In general, you'll want to use thread titles that make it clear what you're asking about. For instance, "does anyone remember..." might intrigue people, but "Does anyone remember Park Ranger and Bear?" would likely get you a quick and clear answer. More tips like this are available in the Posting Guidelines atop the General Discussion forum.

As for your question, the characters are Humphrey Bear and Ranger J. Audubon Woodlore

Here is a thread on this pair and their shorts:
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/forum/vie ... php?t=6587

Humphrey's filmography appears in this ultra resourceful thread (see it for DVD availability codes):

HUMPHREY THE BEAR
Hold That Pose (1950) CG; CCF V3
Rugged Bear (1953)
Grin and Bear It (1954)
Bearly Asleep (1955)
Beezy Bear (1955)
Hooked Bear (1956) - DR
In the Bag (1956) - DR
thepapis610

Post by thepapis610 »

thankyou soooooooooo much. ill keep that in mind
ohmahaaha
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ohmahaaha »

Actually I think the cartoon you're referring to will be on this year's upcoming Treasure set "Rarities" won't it?
stlewis75
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stlewis75 »

The cartoon with the bears cleaning up the park is "In the Bag," and from what we've heard, it's supposed to be in the Disney Rarities set.
MK Sharp
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MK Sharp »

I wonder what it is about In The Bag that makes it so memorable for so many people (even if no-one can remember the title!).

I first saw it when I was in primary school, aged maybe 7 or 8. We used to have film afternoons every so often, projected off 16mm (this is in the days before VCRs, kiddies!). The only two films I can remember seeing - both Disney cartoons - are In The Bag[/b] and The Litterbug. Maybe it's because they both have catchy songs; but then so do lots of shorts. (It helps, though - it was nearly 20 years before I saw In The Bag again but I could still remember the lyrics after seeing it just once all those years ago.)

There's definitely something special about In The Bag that raises it above the other 50s Disney shorts, above the other Humphrey Bear & Ranger shorts, into a class of its own. I just can't put my finger on it.

It's funny to think that this film, which has stuck in the hearts and minds of so many people, was the last regular release cartoon short from Disney. At least they went out on a high...
"I hope we never lose sight of one thing - that this was all started by a little girl and a cat. And a rabbit."
ohmahaaha
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ohmahaaha »

MK Sharp wrote:I wonder what it is about In The Bag that makes it so memorable for so many people (even if no-one can remember the title!).
Probably the song they sing when they're cleaning up - great song.
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

MK Sharp wrote:I wonder what it is about In The Bag that makes it so memorable for so many people (even if no-one can remember the title!).
Seems like "In the Bag" is the cartoon short equivalent of what <i>Mr. Boogedy</i> and <i>Child of Glass</i> are for TV movies! People remember certain things about them and want to own them on DVD, but until <i>Disney Rarities</i>, they've not been available on the format.
orestes.
Anniversary Edition

Post by orestes. »

I'm still hoping Disney will release a Classic Cartoon Favourites set with Humphrey the Bear and Ranger Woodlore. When they released the original wave I thought for sure the second wave would feature them, Pluto and possibly a set with Minnie-centric shorts.

Come on Disney. :)
<a href="http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=orestes" target="_blank">my wonderful dvds.</a>
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

Most of the Humphrey Bear shorts are silly but worth watching. :D
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: does anyone remember... (Humphrey Bear and Ranger)?

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Humphrey the Bear Body Dryers Debut at Disney California Adventure
https://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/20 ... adventure/

Artist Accuses Disney of Copying Their Humphrey Artwork for New In-Park Dryer
https://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/20 ... ark-dryer/

He's not taking action. Now, a person named Valentina who commented on his Twitter tweet said, "A lot of these are contracted out to non Disney artist. I know this because I have done art for the parks before. They probably hired an “artist” and they traced it and called it their own. Sadly Disney doesn’t have the time to check if it’s traced."