A Disney Channel Holiday DVD Press Release

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Little Red Henski
Special Edition

Post by Little Red Henski »

The sad thing is I was watching my Silly Symphonies treasure with my Nephew and my Niece. Walt Disney did an intro for one of the cartoons. My Nephew & Niece had no idea that Walt Disney was the name of a real person. They were like "Uncle Dave is that the guy that created Walt Disney?" it really should be Esiner channel.
James
Anniversary Edition

Post by James »

chaychay102royal wrote:James, you have an interesting message there, but I completely disagree.

Bambiwas made over sixty years ago. It's timeless, though. I was watching my nephew when it was on TV on Saturday--he adored that movie! He was doing everything that Bambi and Thumper did, and later on when he was playing he even added some of the plot to his games. Nobody has tried to fit it "to the style of the times." That's why it works. You can't update Bambi. However, the shows on the Disney Channel die off. While adults still watch Bambi fondly, TV shows and such that they watched when they were eight, they might remember with nostlagia (spelling...), but they wouldn't actually enjoy Captain Kangaroo as much as they did once upon a time.

Do you see my point or has it been lost?
I definately see your point and yes I agree Bambi will always be a classic, yet most of the shows on The Disney Channel will be watched and loved by many, including myself. They are most definately not timeless, nor are they classic, but I still like them. They are just fun pieces of entertainment, not meaning to be the next Disney masterpiece or anything like that. I'm sure that Disney will revive itself in the next few years, maybe with Chicken Little, but will anything come close to being as creative as say Fantasia in the next few years, as there is not anything new to come up with. I'm not sure if Disney is ever going to make a movie or TV Show that is worthy of the title 'Classic' but the Disney Channel shouldn't be taken as seriously as some people do, and they just enjoy this Channel for what it is.
-James
anywhere_but_here

Post by anywhere_but_here »

Doesn't look that good, but I love Christmas.. so I'll buy it when it comes out :roll:
"There are things known and things unknown and in between are The Doors" - Jim Morrison
rs_milo_whatever
Anniversary Edition

Post by rs_milo_whatever »

i agree the disney channel isn't good in mexico the disney channel was what walt disney would of liked to have seen....... sadly the disney channelin america is infuencing the one in mexico lately i still love the disney channel not because it has classical treats( because it isn't ) but because it's filled with contemporary and fresh stuff and cool to watch.
i also happen to be a big fan of holyday specials and since christmas is my favorite holyday this is on my "to buy" list
rs_milo_whatever
Anniversary Edition

Re: A Disney Channel Holiday DVD Press Release

[quote="Luke"]"music videos"quote] what videos????
SofaKing381222
Anniversary Edition

Post by SofaKing381222 »

Any word on if Phil is gonna make it to the DVD?
We need season sets of all DCOSs and all DCOMs on DVD! And Better Cover Art!

My DVD's / My Space
ZOOMBOOM0688
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ZOOMBOOM0688 »

Little Red Henski wrote:You would think a channel called the Disney channel would actually show stuff that Walt Disney actually created or worked on. :roll: If Walt watched that channel he would vomit.
I know this has been discussed and is OLD but I just read it for the first time and thought I should say what I think...(Please don't get mad at me for bumping up the topic)

I think the Disney Channel is like MTV. MTV is supposed to be "MUSIC" TV but most of the time they show shows like: DATE MY MOM, ROOM RAIDERS, NEXT... these shows have nothing to do with MUSIC but some people like them and some people don't, I LIKE them, AND the disney channel shows don't have anything to do with WALT DISNEY but some people like them and if you don't then don't watch. For example I LOVE Even stevens and Lizzie mcguire but I hate Kim possible, Phil of the future and some of the other cartoons so when the stuff I don't like are on I watch something else. :D :D
Little Red Henski
Special Edition

Post by Little Red Henski »

ZOOMBOOM0688 wrote: AND the disney channel shows don't have anything to do with WALT DISNEY but some people like them and if you don't then don't watch.
I don't watch it! I still have the right to complain about the the Disney channel dropping all Walt related content from the channel.
Last edited by Little Red Henski on Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
orestes.
Anniversary Edition

Post by orestes. »

I just went over to the Disney Channel website and checked out their schedule and realized that I don't mind that the Disney Channel isn't available in Canada. It used to bother me that I never got to experience that channel but now they can keep it. Most of those shows are on the Family Channel up here and are recent shows... which isn't bad but my vision of the Disney Channel was that it had new shows, classic animated series fromt he 80's and classic Walt Disney material.
<a href="http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=orestes" target="_blank">my wonderful dvds.</a>
rs_milo_whatever
Anniversary Edition

i love the disney channel; ok i admit it the disney channelisn't what i would want it to be,but i still like it..............loved the cover by the way
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

SofaKing381222 wrote:Any word on if Phil is gonna make it to the DVD?
It did say "a bonus never-before-seen episode of “Phil of the Future,”" but it did not say if it was a holiday show or just a bonus epp.
Slayer2004C

Post by Slayer2004C »

Why cant they release this in the UK?
:roll:
I would so get it!
I like Raven, Lizzie and Suite Life. Not seen even stevens but dont really like Kim Possible.

I'd still get it though.

Be gd if it was released in the UK.
:D
Please join my Disney Channel Original Movies (DCOMs) Forum:
http://dcoms.proboards104.com/index.cgi
Thanks
matt2390p

Post by matt2390p »

Awesome!! i am totally gonna buy that!
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

HEY! I just rembered why is the Chrsitmas Lilo & Stitch epp on this disc? Its a DC show. BTW will this be in Canada too? If so will it be Renamed Family Channel Holiday like the Hits Take 1 & 2 CDs were?
bennyb98
Gold Classic Collection

Post by bennyb98 »

Is this the first time "The Suite Life of Zack & Cody" will be on DVD?

Any word yet on what the Phil of the Future episode will be?
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

bennyb98 wrote:Is this the first time "The Suite Life of Zack & Cody" will be on DVD?

Any word yet on what the Phil of the Future episode will be?
In just a few words I can say.....................
1.Yes
and
2.No
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Post by Loomis »

Luke wrote:Review hath been posted here:
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/disneychannelholiday.html
Dear lord,

you may have just done the impossible: got me thinking "Raven...Duff...Hmm, I can see myself watching that...".

Then I heard the phrase "Guards, seize him!" and it was all over.
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Loomis wrote:Dear lord,

you may have just done the impossible: got me thinking "Raven...Duff...Hmm, I can see myself watching that...".

Then I heard the phrase "Guards, seize him!" and it was all over.
:lol: It's good to have the ole' laugh-inducing Loomis back. Thanks for reading it! :)
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president