The Golden Girls Season 3 DVD Press Release

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Luke
Site Admin

The Golden Girls Season 3 DVD Press Release

Post by Luke »

<center><b><u>THE FAVORITE EMMY®-AWARD WINNING COMEDY</u>

THE GOLDEN GIRLS
Season Three

<i><u>New On DVD November 22</b></i></u></center>

BURBANK, Calif., July 29, 2005 – Reunite with this classic, young-at-heart female foursome!
Buena Vista Home Entertainment presents <b>THE GOLDEN GIRLS SEASON THREE</b>, a new
collectible DVD box set, available on November 22. Your favorite smart and sassy Emmy®-
award winning women return for another helping of laughter, misadventures and cheesecake
in the third season of one of TV’s most highly acclaimed sitcoms. Dorothy (Beatrice Arthur),
Sophia (Estelle Getty), Rose (Betty White) and Blanche (Rue McClanahan) are four mismatched
housemates living together in Miami.

A perennial award winner, this laugh-filled season garnered three Emmys® (Beatrice Arthur -
<i>Outstanding Actress In A Comedy Series</i>, Estelle Getty - <i>Outstanding Supporting Actress In A
Comedy Series</i>, <i>Outstanding Technical Direction</i>, 1988) and a Golden Globe award (<i>Best TV
Series Comedy/Musical 1988</i>). <b>THE GOLDEN GIRLS SEASON 3</b> features all 25 episodes
from this unforgettable season. Included is the original and unedited “Golden Moments”
episode where the girls reminisce about their times together, plus hilarious bonus features
that will have you laughing for hours. Available for $39.99 (S.R.P.).

<b><u>DVD Bonus Materials:</b></u>
• Golden Moments – a montage of humorous moments from Season Three
• The Golden Girls Scrapbook – a collection of hilarious clips from each ‘Golden Girl’

<b><u>STREET DATE: November 22, 2005</b></u>
<u>Direct prebook</u>: September 27
<u>Distributor prebook</u>: October 11
<u>Suggested retail price</u>: $39.99 (3-disc DVD)
<u>Rated</u>: TV-PG. Bonus materials not rated.
<u>DVD aspect ratio</u>: 1.33:1 formatted 4x3
<u>DVD Sound</u>: Dolby® Digital Stereo Sound
<u>DVD Language</u>: English audio

<a href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... eason3.jpg[/img]
Buy <b>The Golden Girls: The Complete Third Season</b> from Amazon.com</a>

<a href="http://www.ultimatedisney.com/thegolden ... html">Read our DVD review of <b>The Golden Girls: The Complete Third Season</b></a>

<a href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... i/ggs4.jpg[/img]
Preorder <b>The Golden Girls: The Complete Fourth Season</b> from Amazon.com</a> (Release Date: February 14, 2006)

<b><u>Past Seasons Reviewed at UltimateDisney.com:</b></u>
• <a href="http://www.ultimatedisney.com/thegolden ... .html">The Golden Girls: The Complete Second Season</a>
• <a href="http://www.ultimatedisney.com/thegolden ... .html">The Golden Girls: The Complete First Season</a>

###

Buena Vista Home Entertainment, an industry leader, is committed to showcasing great television on
DVD. BVHE has responded to consumer demand by providing an ever-increasing amount of quality
television entertainment in the collectible DVD format. BVHE’s superbly mastered DVD box sets
include “Alias,” “Scrubs,” “Tilt,” “The Golden Girls,” “Home Improvement,” “Felicity,” “Popular,” “Boy
Meets World,” “Sports Night,” “Once And Again,” and “Sweet Valley High.” Upcoming box sets
include the blockbuster series “Lost” and “Desperate Housewives.”

Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Inc., is a recognized industry leader. Buena Vista Home
Entertainment, Inc. is the marketing, sales and distribution company for Walt Disney, Touchstone,
Miramax, Dimension and Buena Vista videocassettes and DVDs.
Last edited by Luke on Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bennyb98
Gold Classic Collection

Post by bennyb98 »

Good News: Golden Girls Season 3 on DVD!!!
Bad News: Same worthless extras!

UGH!! The Golden Girls deserves a high quality DVD treatment, not that bare minimums package BVHE is throwing together.
Goldengirlsfan89

Post by Goldengirlsfan89 »

I hate the box arts for each season so far! The girls look so fake in all the pictures!

Although.....
I am really excited we're already up to season Three!!
-Jake
We Want Empty Nest & The Golden Palace on DVD!!
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Post by MadonnasManOne »

I can't wait for season 3! I LOVE The Golden Girls, and I am so happy they are being released on DVD. I wish the extra's were better, but at least I can watch my favorite show, whenever I want.

Hopefully, as the season's are released, the extra's will be better. I would love to see some behind the scenes footage, award show appearances, bloopers, commentary, etc.
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

The Golden Girls was a hit on NBC on Saturday nights but not for me.
I know that Aaron will buy it because he's a Golden Girls fan.
For me I prefer to watch in on Lifetime.
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Post by MadonnasManOne »

Oh, and for those who do not know, Lifetime will begin airing The Golden Palace, the follow-up series to The Golden Girls, beginning tomorrow, August 1st, at 5:30 p.m. Central! I'm excited, as I never even knew about the show, until after it had been cancelled. It will be my first time seeing it, and I can't wait! :D
Chris
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Chris »

Hey, it says it's in Dolby Digital STEREO for a change. Hopefully they will actually get the sound right this time. The last two seasons were released in Mono. This was a stereo show from the very first season. Someone really dropped the ball on the first two season sets.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that Disney gets it right this time.
"She sailed out of the Disney-blue heavens, umbrella in hand, and promptly elicited every gorgeous adjective in the book from reviewers coast to coast."
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

^What's your source for that? Just wondering. I've looked into it quite a bit, and find only conflicting information, as I discussed in the S2 review.

Anyways, the reason I came to this thread - I'd forgotten until tonight that Lifetime has done an <i>Intimate Portrait</i> episode on each of the four Golden Girls. That would be the perfect bonus feature on the Seasons 4-7 sets, along with the reunion special, interviews, bloopers, commentaries (cast and crew), and behind-the-scenes featurettes. A few of the appearances, like at MGM's Grand Opening TV special, should be included too. It's really unfathomable, the treatment this show gets. :roll:

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

After having completely failed in this area for two seasons in a row, Disney has finally listened to their fans and given them what they want for the third season of <i>The Golden Girls</i>!!!

....Sophia is on one of the discs

:-P

Seriously, I'm happy to see her on there. Now if we can just get them to treat us to the kind of bonus features that other series of its ilk get. Thanks for posting the new disc art, Luke!

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Twitter - @aaronspod
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Post by MadonnasManOne »

awallaceunc wrote:After having completely failed in this area for two seasons in a row, Disney has finally listened to their fans and given them what they want for the third season of <i>The Golden Girls</i>!!!

....Sophia is on one of the discs

:-P

Seriously, I'm happy to see her on there. Now if we can just get them to treat us to the kind of bonus features that other series of its ilk get. Thanks for posting the new disc art, Luke!

-Aaron
It should be noted that Sophia did, in fact, appear on Disc 1, Season One. She's sitting in front of Dorothy, and Dorothy has her hands on Sophia's shoulder.

For some reason, I guess nobody else has realized this, because at www.the-goldengirls.com , everyone seems to think that Sophia has never appeared on the Disc art.

She was not on any Season Two Disc art, which seems unfair.

I'm off to watch The Golden Girls, and The Golden Palace, which is now starting on Lifetime TV. :D
Robin Hood
Anniversary Edition

Post by Robin Hood »

If anyone is interested here's the cover art for the The Golden Girls: A Lifetime Intimate Portrait Series.

- Jonathan
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

MadonnasManOne wrote:It should be noted that Sophia did, in fact, appear on Disc 1, Season One. She's sitting in front of Dorothy, and Dorothy has her hands on Sophia's shoulder.
Ah, right you are. I guess I was thinking that because she wasn't on the last one, that she hadn't been at all (and that's probably what the ggbiz folks were thinking too). Plus my Disc 2 has been covering her up since it lays over it, and i haven't pulled out either of those two discs in a while.

Thanks for posting the Lifetime DVD cover art... it looks really good! (Better than Disney's releases have).

-Aaron
• Twitter - @aaronspod
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

[Newsie Voice]Extras! Extras! Read all about it![/Newsie Voice]

00:02:30:11 DOROTHY - SCRAPBOOK STRING 1 - DOWN ON DATING
00:03:09:06 DOROTHY - SCRAPBOOK STRING 2 - IF WIT COULD KILL
00:02:39:22 BLANCHE - SCRAPBOOK STRING 1 - BLANCHE'S COME ONS
00:03:33:09 BLANCHE - SCRAPBOOK STRING 2 - PILLOW TALK
00:02:34:24 ROSE - SCRAPBOOK STRING 1 - BLISSFUL IGNORANCE
00:03:03:09 ROSE - SCRAPBOOK STRING 2 - WHAT WAS I SAYING?
00:02:39:02 SOPHIA - SCRAPBOOK STRING 1 - THE JOKE'S ON...
00:02:41:24 SOPHIA - SCRAPBOOK STRING 2 - SASSY SOPHIA
00:02:29:17 GOLDEN MOMENTS
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Newsie wrote:Extras! Extras! Read all about it!
Sound like the highlight reels that HI offers. A tiny step above nothing. I think people would even rather see 30-second promos for the season's episodes before that.
Robin Hood
Anniversary Edition

Post by Robin Hood »

I just got my Betty White Fan Club newsletter and it says that Betty, Rue and Bea will be signing Season 3 at:

Barnes & Noble
675 6th Ave.
NYC (Chelsea Area)
Time: 12:30-1:30 p.m.

I wish I could go. :(
- Jonathan
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

^What date? My NYC friend will be home for Thanksgiving next week, so if she's there on the right day, I'll have her get an autograph for me in addition to herself. :)

-Aaron
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Robin Hood
Anniversary Edition

Post by Robin Hood »

November 22nd
- Jonathan
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

That's what I figured. Thanks. :)

-Aaron
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Robin Hood
Anniversary Edition

Post by Robin Hood »

AwallaceUNC wrote:That's what I figured. Thanks. :)

-Aaron
No problem. 8)
BTW Aaron, when will the review be up? :D
- Jonathan
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Just got it in this evening, so I'm not sure, but as soon as possible!

-Aaron
• Twitter - @aaronspod