Who Got The Casper Special Edition DVD?

Discussion of non-Disney DVD and Blu-ray.
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Who Got The Casper Special Edition DVD?

Post by Matt »

Yup, that's right!... A Special Eiditon release of Casper The Friendly Ghost came out the September 23rd! You have the choice of buying it in the not so friendly Fullscreen Version or the friendly that everybody loves (Mostly :lol: ) Widescreen Version! :)
I am going to get it the Widescreen Version tomorrow at Walmart! I have been waiting so long for this DVD and it is finally here! WOOHOO! :twisted:

It is a nice little Special Edition DVD Packed with some nice Features! Here are the Special Features you will be getting on the DVD:

Commentary by director Brad Silberling

Casper's Treasures Game

Spelling Lab Game

Casper's Cartoon Classic: Penguin For Your Thoughts

Casper's Spooky Safety Tips

Casper's Scary Kitchen

Revealing Casper

Deleted Scene #91: Lucky Enough to be a Ghost

Photo & Poster Gallery

Cast & Ghosts

Everyone pick up your copy today! :wink:
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

those look like kiddie features! :evil:
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

MickeyMouseboy wrote:those look like kiddie features! :evil:
Well it is a kids movie! :lol:
STASHONE
Anniversary Edition

Post by STASHONE »

The only good thing about that release, movie included, is that extra short in the bonus features.
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

At least we got a Widescreen Version of the film! I've noticed that other movies are getting just Fullscreen which really stinks! :x

So I am happy about this release and I got my copy this morning! WOOHOO! I will check it out later on today! :)
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

I thought the DVD had a behind-the-scenes documentary? Or is that what "Revealing Casper" is? Anyway, I think it sounds like a nice DVD. I mean, you get commentary, a documentary, a deleted scene, and a gallery. Not bad considering Casper isn't really that major of a title for Universal. I might pick up this up before Halloween.
buffalobill
Anniversary Edition

Post by buffalobill »

I preordered it July 27th from Amazon with a $15 GC & some trivia nickels (standard shipping NOT SSS). Total came to $1.47 and it still HAS NOT SHIPPED. I called last night to complain and was told that it'd go out today (DIDN'T). Calling again tonight if it doesn't. I've been looking forward to this one for a while.
15 gallon 7 pint blood donor as of 1-4-11. Done donating. Apparently having Cancer makes you kind of ineligible to donate.
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

I bought mine at Walmart for $14.24 plus tax. I bought the widescreen version! I already have the VHS so why waste my money on the Fullscreen version! :)

Sorry to hear that buffalobill! I hope everything works out for you soon! :)

DisneyKid, I think it is a good DVD because of the wait we had to wait for! All the fans wanted this DVD when DVDs first came out! I only wanted this DVD for a year or so lol! :lol:
Jack
Collector's Edition

Post by Jack »

Matt wrote:I bought mine at Walmart for $14.24 plus tax. I bought the widescreen version! I already have the VHS so why waste my money on the Fullscreen version! :)
Why waste you money on the foolscreen version even if you didn't have the VHS? :wink:
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

Jack wrote:
Matt wrote:I bought mine at Walmart for $14.24 plus tax. I bought the widescreen version! I already have the VHS so why waste my money on the Fullscreen version! :)
Why waste you money on the foolscreen version even if you didn't have the VHS? :wink:
what do u mean?
Jack
Collector's Edition

Post by Jack »

Matt wrote:
Jack wrote: Why waste you money on the foolscreen version even if you didn't have the VHS? :wink:
what do u mean?
I mean you shouldn't get fullscreen in any case - wether you already have the VHS or not. Widescreen is a superior fomat. If you don't know much about the differences I suggest checking this out:

http://www.ryanwright.com/ht/oar.shtml

:)
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

Jack wrote:
Matt wrote: what do u mean?
I mean you shouldn't get fullscreen in any case - wether you already have the VHS or not. Widescreen is a superior fomat. If you don't know much about the differences I suggest checking this out:

http://www.ryanwright.com/ht/oar.shtml

:)
I know about Fullscreen! I am just used to it that's all. I do like widescreen the best because it is the whole movie!!! :)
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

This gets even better! GUESS WHAT? There is no DVD Insert! Can you all believe that? This is a Special Edition Release! At least included a insert!

What next? The DVD and the Case you will have to buy separate? :roll: :lol:
Jack
Collector's Edition

Post by Jack »

Matt: You should call Universal DVD and complain about it. I heard they are going to start doing this on a regular basis on another forum. If the consumers can change Disney's mind about inserts, they have a good chance of changing Universal's mind.
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

To be honest, I really don't care! As long as my Beauty and the Beast and an insert I am fine! :lol:

Yeah, I do hear ya though! I think the companies are getting cheaper and cheaper now! Everything is for a quick buck!
BasilOfBakerStreet427
In The Vaults

Post by BasilOfBakerStreet427 »

Inserts are good.

G'Day!
G'Day!
My DVD Collection

Miracle 2/6/2004
Home On The Range 4/2/2004
BasilOfBakerStreet427
In The Vaults

Post by BasilOfBakerStreet427 »

Wow!Let's do that again!

G'Day!
G'Day!
My DVD Collection

Miracle 2/6/2004
Home On The Range 4/2/2004
Prince Adam
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Adam »

Are you talking about Casper the movie with Christina Ricci? I hated that one! It scared me so much when the dad died and all of a sudden he was so weird and mean-spirited...
Defy Gravity...
Brink!
Limited Issue

Post by Brink! »

i pre-ordered it from amazon a while back
and i got it in last week
but by mistake (mine or amazon's i can't figure out wich)
i got the fulscreen.
so my plan was to send it back in return for the fulscreen
but my pc was down at the shop so i could not contact and i really wanted to see the features
so temptation got the best of me so i opened the fullscreen trowing away my money so i could watch the features
I'm waiting to watch the film itself till i have it in oar (i ordered the widescreen the next day)
and i will give this fullscreen as a chrismaspresent to someone i think lol

greetings Brink!
"Can't put me finger on what lies in store,
but i feel what's to happen all happened before"
(Mary Poppins)

"Pull the lever, kronk.
- WRONG LEVER !
why do we even have that lever ?"
(The Emperor's new Groove)