Extreme Makeover: Home Edition - DVD Press Release

Post by Luke »

<center><b><i><u>America’s Heartwarming Hit Show Is Available On DVD
For The First Time Ever November 22</u></i>

EXTREME MAKEOVER:
HOME EDITION

<i>THE MOST INSPIRING & UNFORGETTABLE
MAKEOVERS FROM SEASON 1</i></b>

<a href="http://www.ultimatedisney.com/extremema ... html">Read UD's <b>Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (Season 1)</b> DVD Review</a>
</center>

BURBANK, Calif., July 29, 2005 – For the first time ever, <b>EXTREME MAKEOVER: HOME
EDITION</b>, the Emmy®-nominated show that builds hope and changes lives, comes to DVD.
At last, the unforgettable families and the inspirational stories of this heartwarming show are
ready to take home, just in time for the holidays. Experience the most unbelievable
transformations from the TV series’ incredible first season, then go behind the makeovers
with exclusive bonus features.

Bonus features for <b>EXTREME MAKEOVER: HOME EDITION</b> include: “Construction of
Extreme Makeover Home Edition” - a behind-the-scenes featurette where fans can learn how
this amazing show makes it to television every week; hilarious bloopers and outtakes; “Rest
and Relaxation” – witness the hijinks and crazy antics with the cast on the set; and “Preston
and Paul,” a fun montage of banter between two on-set designers.

<b>EXTREME MAKEOVER: HOME EDITION</b> is available for $29.99 (SRP) on a 2-disc DVD
from Buena Vista Home Entertainment.

<center><b><u>EXTREME MAKEOVER: HOME EDITION
DVD BONUS FEATURES</b></u></center>

• <b>THE CONSTRUCTION OF “EXTREME MAKEOVER: HOME EDITION”</b>
Learn the amazing process of how the show makes it to television every week

• <b>BLOOPERS AND OUTTAKES</b>

• <b>REST AND RELAXATION</b>
Be a witness to the crazy antics and hijinks during down time on the set.

• <b>PRESTON AND PAUL</b>
A montage featuring the banter between two on-set designers, Preston and Paul.

Put together one very run-down house, a deserving family, several opinionated designers,
seven days and what do you get? The answer is Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.

The show’s wildly successful first season garnered an Emmy nomination for Outstanding
Reality Program. Each episode features a race against time on a project that would ordinarily
take at least four months to achieve, involving a team of designers, contractors and several
hundred workers who have just seven days to totally rebuild an entire house – every single
room, plus the exterior and landscaping.

The lives of the lucky families are forever changed when they learn that they have been
selected to have their home walls moved, floors replaced and even the facades radically
changed. The result should be a decorator’s delight… if it can be done on time!

Each episode begins with team leader Ty Pennington’s now famous “good morning!” wakeup
call, when he, along with the other designers, surprises the unsuspecting family with news
that their home has been chosen to receive a makeover. Then viewers witness not only the
unbelievable transformation of the house, but during the final and emotional reveal, they see
how the home makeover has impacted the lives of the deserving families.

The design team who work their creative magic on the home are team leader Ty Pennington,
Paul DiMeo, (carpentry/nuts & bolts), Paige Hemmis (carpentry/creativity), Tracy Hutson
(shopping/style), Michael Moloney (interiors/glamour), Constance Ramos (building/planning),
and Preston Sharp (exteriors/big ideas).

<b><u>STREET DATE: NOVEMBER 22, 2005</b></u>
<u>Direct prebook</u>: September 27, 2005
<u>Prebook</u>: October 11, 2005
<u>Suggested retail price</u>: $29.99 (2-Disc DVD)
<u>Run time</u>: Pending
<u>Rating</u>: TV PG
Bonus features not rated and subject to change.
<u>Aspect ratio</u>: 1.33:1, formatted 4x3
<u>Sound</u>: Dolby® Digital Stereo Sound

<a href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... ovemz">Buy <b>Extreme Makeover: Home Edition</b> 2-Disc DVD Set from Amazon.com</a>

<a href="http://www.ultimatedisney.com/extremema ... html">Read UD's <b>Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (Season 1)</b> DVD Review</a>

Buena Vista Home Entertainment, an industry leader, is committed to showcasing great
television on DVD. BVHE has responded to consumer demand by providing an everincreasing
amount of quality television entertainment in the collectible DVD format. BVHE’s
superbly mastered DVD box sets include “Alias,” “Scrubs,” “Tilt,” “The Golden Girls,” “Home
Improvement,” “Felicity,” “Popular,” “Boy Meets World,” “Sports Night,” “Once And Again,”
and “Sweet Valley High.” Upcoming box sets include the blockbuster series “Desperate
Housewives” and “Lost.”

Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Inc., is a recognized industry leader. Buena Vista Home
Entertainment, Inc. is the marketing, sales and distribution company for Walt Disney,
Touchstone, Miramax, Dimension and Buena Vista videocassettes and DVDs.
Last edited by Luke on Sat May 06, 2006 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SofaKing381222
Anniversary Edition

Post by SofaKing381222 »

Luke wrote:which will be a 2-disc compilation of Season 1 highlights
WHAT!? Not a complete First Season release! I was actually going to get this..... I don't know anymore...
We need season sets of all DCOSs and all DCOMs on DVD! And Better Cover Art!

My DVD's / My Space
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

Myself, I have heard nothing before of this show (due mainly to being a Brit), but I shall contribute to this thread by asking the rhetorical question:

Will MickeyMousePal post if he will be buying this DVD?

;)
RJKD23
Platinum Edition

Post by RJKD23 »

No, Joe. You're wrong. MMP will either say:

"Don't like the show. I won't get this."

or

"Thanks for the news, Luke! :D"

haha! :p
-----------------

Anyways, is this worth it to get? Seeing how it's only the best of (or you know), seems like a waste? I dunno.

But that making of feature sounds intersting. 8)

And BTW,

"I'm not getting this..."
Image R[APRIL.23]K: High School Sweethearts
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition is a ABC hit but I'm not planning on getting it or Lost or Desperate Housewifes I prefer watching it on synicated run. Hey maybe TLC might get the rights to show Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
James
Anniversary Edition

Post by James »

Guys, the cover art has come in for this release, from TVShowsOnDVD.com. Here's the link- http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3900
Enjoy!
-James