A Bug's Life vs. Antz

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Big Worms
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Big Worms »

I actually like both movies and I would have a hard time picking one.
indianajdp
Anniversary Edition

Post by indianajdp »

No comparison - A Bug's Life is hands down the better film.

The animation is better.
The characters are much more developed and "whole".
The storyline is deeper.
The story is complemented by good Disney music.

And it's more of a traditional kids film. The language in Antz on a few occasions is not for the real young'ins.
" There's no Dumbass Vaccine " - Jimmy Buffett
Pasta67
Anniversary Edition

Post by Pasta67 »

indianajdp wrote:The language in Antz on a few occasions is not for the real young'ins.
No kidding. Remember this "famous" line from Z:
"I was gonna let you be a part in my most erotic fantasies, but not anymore!", or something like that.
Well, A Bug's Life seems to be winning easily. It's my favorite too, but I do think Antz deserves more credit than it gets. Take all the innuendo (and Woody as the voice of Z) out, and you have a really heartwarming and funny story.
- John
goofy108
Gold Classic Collection

Post by goofy108 »

Enchantress wrote:i really didnt like Ants, i didnt like the majority of its features, e.g. the voices, design, but i did like Hopper, he was ace :lol:
Hopper was in Disney/Pixar's A Bug's Life, not Antz. :)

:goofy:
Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

Ants has awful animation(those ants looked like aliens!) and it was too much winking at the adults! Some were a bit TOO direct for children! So A Bug's Life gets my vote all the way!
Big Worms
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Big Worms »

You know I just realized something, there is no surprise that A Bug's Life is being favored since it is made by Pixar while Antz was Dreamworks. There is not need to start a thread about which one is better since just about everybody on here is going to say A Bug's Life. Antz has no chance. Next time there is question like this just assume the Pixar one is better since that is the response you are going to get anyway.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: A Bug's Life -vs.- ANTZ

Post by Sotiris »

A Bug’s Lie: Inside The Ant Infestation That Ripped 2 Studios Apart
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/a- ... 8585fe2ecd

Why Pixar's 'A Bug's Life' Vs. 'Antz' Was a Thing
https://www.moviefone.com/2018/10/01/wh ... s-a-thing/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Rumpelstiltskin
Anniversary Edition

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

Strange how something that got that much attention back then seems almost irrelevant today. I may be in the minority, but I enjoyed Antz more than A Bug's Life, even if I don't remember much from any of the movies. I found Antz to be funnier, while the other already had many of the typical Pixar traits (like the main character gazing wide-eyed at the city and all the strange insects around him when he visits the city for the first time).
willard
Gold Classic Collection

Post by willard »

Looking back, I feel the animation in the early Pixar films holds up way more than the contemporary Dreamworks films. Despite the limitations of the technology, Pixar did more with their models.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Rumpelstiltskin wrote:I may be in the minority, but I enjoyed Antz more than A Bug's Life
Not necessarily, though. I know actually a couple of people who prefer Antz to A Bug's Life.

As for myself, I did like Antz, but was more mesmerized by A Bug's Life when I saw it initially, because I thought it was cuter and more endearing. While I still have a fondness for Pixar's ant-entry, it has paled afterwards and not being as good as I initially found it to be. So now it got to be Antz, due to it's edgy nature. But I still like A Bug's Life nonetheless, though.