Pocahontas: 10th Anniversary Edition DVD Press Release

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

Sorry to interupt this lovely discussion! Just wanted to announce that in about a weeks time I'll be seeing Pocahontas in all its glory! :D Yay for early arrivals!
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
DisneyVillains
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyVillains »

I would just like to add with what everyone else is saying in that this release look great! They have everything I could have wanted in the special addition and I am really looking forward to the new animation. The press release gives me the same feel as the Beauty and the Beast Platinum edition (most likely because of the way they are treating the new scene) This is one of my top favorite Disney films and another 2-disc set that I can cross off my list. :thumb:
"I admit that in the past I've been a nasty. They weren't kidding when they called me, well, a witch"
-Ursula

"How sentimental. You know I haven't been this choked up since I got a hunk of moussaka caught in my throat."-Hades
Kram Nebuer
Anniversary Edition

Post by Kram Nebuer »

Disneykid wrote: I don't know if the same "best selling" principle applies to the four "new" platinums (Pinocchio, Fantasia, Peter Pan, and Sleeping Beauty).
Maybe they're the best selling DVDs that aren't Platinum? :?

Though since they are rereleasing Sleeping Beauty I would definitely buy it again if they change the cover art.
<a href=http://kramnebuer.dvdaf.com/>My ºoº DVDs </a>
lolopimp
Banned Deadbeat

Official Site for Pocahontas!(Please Merge)

Post by lolopimp »

http://disney.go.com/disneyvideos/anima ... ocahontas/

The official site is almost done, it has some video clips and many downloads.
Thanks to Rafiki from Lea for this awesome siggy!
"Boy do I hate being right all the time." -Ian Malcolm
magicalwands
Collector's Edition

Post by magicalwands »

im looking forward to this to add to my shelf. i guess ill watch it once too
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Re: Official Site for Pocahontas!(Please Merge)

Post by Joe Carioca »

lolopimp wrote:http://disney.go.com/disneyvideos/anima ... ocahontas/

The official site is almost done, it has some video clips and many downloads.
An official site for "Pocahontas"! There's still some sense in Disney after all, hehe! Thanks for posting it!

BTW, have you already received your review copy, Luke?
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Joe Carioca wrote:An official site for "Pocahontas"! There's still some sense in Disney after all, hehe! Thanks for posting it!

BTW, have you already received your review copy, Luke?
Nope, not yet. Hopefully by the weekend, but there's others to review if not.
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
Tony
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Tony »

Has anyone had their R1 edition shipped by Amazon yet ?
Miss Jo
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Miss Jo »

I can't believe I haven't seen any ads on TV for it yet. It's coming out in only 12 days and most of the people not on this board probably have no idea.
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

Well, even if it's getting minimal publicity, it sure is getting a lot more than the Alice: ME got. That release didn't get a website or even a trailer (that showed up on other DVD's anyway; I saw a trailer for the DVD at the Disney Store, but no where else). I'm sure the Lilo: SE will get tons of publicity, though.
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Joe Carioca wrote:BTW, have you already received your review copy, Luke?
Got it tonight. No "Disney DVD Insider" as I suspected, but slipcover of course and those dang side snaps. As for the discs, they might have some neat stuff on them, but that's for another day. :)
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
PheR
Special Edition

Post by PheR »

does it include the previously announced spanish track? if it does, is it included in the new version aswell?, I´m asking this cause I really want to import this to México :)
I'ts enough for this restless warrior just to be with you...
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

PheR wrote:does it include the previously announced spanish track? if it does, is it included in the new version aswell?, I´m asking this cause I really want to import this to México :)
Yes and yes.
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

Luke wrote:
Joe Carioca wrote:BTW, have you already received your review copy, Luke?
Got it tonight. No "Disney DVD Insider" as I suspected, but slipcover of course and those dang side snaps. As for the discs, they might have some neat stuff on them, but that's for another day. :)
Whee! Good thing it comes with a slipcover, otherwise what would we have to discuss. :D

Counting the hours to your review. Please be nice on the film, hehe. ;)
Lady
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Lady »

Hurry up and watch the disk Luke! I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for your review. Too bad I won't be getting my pre-ordered disk for another week or two. :cry:
tu
Gold Classic Collection

Post by tu »

i just found out that there's also a small change near the end of the new edition !! ( they both sing" if i never knew you reprise" !!?? ) :shock:
gee i can't wait!!!!!
goofy108
Gold Classic Collection

Post by goofy108 »

This is gonna be a great release! I cant wait for the review, too! :wink:

:goofy:
Lady
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Lady »

tu wrote:i just found out that there's also a small change near the end of the new edition !! ( they both sing" if i never knew you reprise" !!?? ) :shock:
gee i can't wait!!!!!
What?!?! Like how much of the song do they sing? I know I'm saying this sight unseen, but I'm glad they took out it for the theatrical release. It would be kinda weird to have them start singing while they are saying goodbye. Especially with John Smith so seriously injured it wouldn't make sense having him bellowing out--or even humming--the tune while prostrate on that stretcher.
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

You'd be surprised how good it is in the film.
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

Lady wrote:What?!?! Like how much of the song do they sing? I know I'm saying this sight unseen, but I'm glad they took out it for the theatrical release. It would be kinda weird to have them start singing while they are saying goodbye. Especially with John Smith so seriously injured it wouldn't make sense having him bellowing out--or even humming--the tune while prostrate on that stretcher.
The new Pocahontas DVD has been out in England for a month or two now, and it's only a small reprise that is sung at the end. It was supposed to be included before If I never knew you was deleted, but they chopped it out as it wouldn't make sense to have a reprise of a never-sung song. And it does fit in with his health state; he kinda sounded a bit weedy when singing. Anyway, I won't spoil anymore... :shifty: