The Princess Diaries 3

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
betorh
Limited Issue

The Princess Diaries 3

Post by betorh »

Hi, Today un the CNN I listened that Gary Marshall and Whitney HOuston are talking to Disney executives for the 3rd film of the Princess diaries 2!
do you know something else?
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

Well, Disney has done trilogies lately so I don't see why not make Princess Diaries a trilogy.
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
Roklie
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Roklie »

Aren't these based on the Princess Diaries story which consist of many books? I don't see anything bad about making a third movie if it follows the book.
Disney DVD's 2005: Bambi PE, Alice in Wonderland SE, Tarzan SE, Cinderella PE - much much more!
shr_fan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by shr_fan »

Roklie wrote:Aren't these based on the Princess Diaries story which consist of many books? I don't see anything bad about making a third movie if it follows the book.
Well, the second one didn't follow the books, considering Mia's 15 in the 6th book and she's 21 in the 2nd movie, and the story was nothing like any of the books. :roll:
I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.-Louisa May Alcott
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Sounds good to me!

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

While the second film's story was pretty weak, the characters are fairly likable, so I wouldn't be entirely opposed to another one. But I'd rather see a 4th Dexter Reilly movie first, and I'm in no rush to see Kurt get back into college shape! ;)
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
Joshrzmeup
Special Edition

PD3

Post by Joshrzmeup »

Last I had heard, Anne Hathaway did not want to do another PD movie. She said she had been a princess long enough and wanted to play a normal person and go to school.
And what is it going to be about? Her and Nicholas? Or a "filler" movie like the ones that seem to be cropping up? (i.e. Tarzan II) If it's a filler, they won't have the guy who played Michael in the first movie, he's got a band and he would rather do that than act.
I haven't heard anything from the Author of the books, Meg Cabot, yet about it, and I think she would be notified before anything goes too far, because most of the people in the movie are her characters that she created.
The first movie followed the first book, and after that, Disney just made it their own with Meg's characters.
Me, I would like to see a series of films/tv episodes based on the books, or even just made-for-tv movies on it.
Just as long as they keep Anne Hathaway and Julie Andrews and Hector in the movie as their original characters.
gadgetmobile
Limited Issue

Post by gadgetmobile »

I would be interested in a third Princess Diaries if Anne Hathaway and Julie Andrews are in the cast.
"Don't shake if you don't mean it." Pacha in The Emperor's New Groove
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

I'd only want to see a third film if:

1. Garry Marshall directs
2. The principal cast comes back (I liked how even minor characters with two lines from the original came back for the second, but I'll be satisfied with the prominent actors returning, at least)
3. Mia ends up with Michael (I quite liked the sequel, but felt it pretty much trashed what the first film was all about, and then they go and say that she's never been in love...)

It'd also be nice if Gina Wendkos (the original's screenwriter) came back for this. My biggest issue with the sequel was that it didn't quite understand some of the humor of the original. Besides Mia being insanely clumsy, a lot of the humor in the first one stemmed simply from a quirky and random presentation. It pretty much never took itself seriously, and you could tell that it was revelling in the fact that it was light and fluffy. The sequel, on the other hand, basically only focused on Mia's clumsiness, and threw the self-conscious tone out the window. It took itself too seriously, which resulted in some awkward moments. If a third is done, I want to see that self-aware quirkiness return.
Cordy_Biddle
Anniversary Edition

Post by Cordy_Biddle »

Yes, this would be good, only if Anne Hathaway and Julie Andrews could return. Without them, it simply would not work.

And Anne could need some convincing - she wasn't too sure about reprising her role in the second film.
I'm just valentine candy and boxing-gloves!

My DVD Collection :
http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/
DreamerQ18
Anniversary Edition

Post by DreamerQ18 »

:jawdrop: *ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh* Jumping up and down with Joy* I absolutley love the princess Diaries movies and books. It dosent bother me that they are so different I think they are both great. If they do I will defintley be one of the first in line @ movie theaters. Now I would hope that Anna Hathaway and Julie Andrews return the movie just would'nt be the same with out them. :thumb: Good Idea for a 3rd one I am happy. :D
betorh
Limited Issue

Post by betorh »

I love the first two movies and I´m going to love the 3rd one only if JULIE ANdrews is in the cast.
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

betorh wrote:I love the first two movies and I´m going to love the 3rd one only if JULIE ANdrews is in the cast.

HOW could they not?!
The Little Merman
Anniversary Edition

Post by The Little Merman »

Sounds good! Plus there are a ton of books, if they wanted to pick up on their story lines...:up:
Last edited by The Little Merman on Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RJKD23
Platinum Edition

Post by RJKD23 »

Yes, let's make a trilogy!
Trilogy means BOX SET! :twisted:
Yay! I hope they put Julie Andrews in the PD3 (if they decide to make it).
Image R[APRIL.23]K: High School Sweethearts
Fullhousegurl
Limited Issue
Location: Venus, right up there with RJKD23, Boo, and Jack-Jack, who are always in her avatars.

Post by Fullhousegurl »

RJKD23 wrote: Trilogy means BOX SET! :twisted:
Ooooooooo a box set :jawdrop: nice.....
im a casper fanatic!
betorh
Limited Issue

Post by betorh »

yeah! that´s cool, but I think that in the 3rd movie is going to happen something horrible.
jediliz
Special Edition

Post by jediliz »

I've started to not like the PD books ever since the end of the 5th book, Princess in Pink. Plus, Nick was/is a hunk. ;)

Disney wouldn't follow the books because

1) her dad is alive; they made him dead in the movie
2) her grandmere is horrid; they made her loveable in the movie
3) there's a lot of innuendo; disney doesn't do many movies with that kind of material

I loved PD2 and took my oldest niece to it. It was a sweet movie. I know it didn't follow the books, but I'm glad it didn't. I thought the plot was funny......they did follow one thing from the books - her mother marrying her teacher & having a baby.

They'd have to cast someone new as Mia and I can't imagine anyone BUT Anne as Mia.
Fidget1234
Special Edition

Post by Fidget1234 »

if Anne Hathaway doesnt return....wonder who they would use in her place.

Hope Julie Andrews returns too! :-)
"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin"
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

The Princess Diaries 3

Post by Sotiris »

Walt Disney Pictures is officially moving forward with the third entry in the beloved PRINCESS DIARIES franchise. For years, rumors have circled about Disney’s plans to release a third chapter, but series star Hathaway has refuted her involvement with a new sequel on multiple occasions. The plot of Princess Diaries 3 is being kept tight under lock and key, with sources telling me that the film may or may not include Hathaway, with an intention to launch a reboot of the franchise. Debra Chase of Martin Chase Productions is returning to produce the newest outing, after serving as a producer on the previous two.
Source: http://www.tracking-board.com/tb-exclus ... s-diaries/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage