My trip to Disneyland

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
Prince Phillip
Anniversary Edition

My trip to Disneyland

Post by Prince Phillip »

Well, last week I went to visit my Uncle and his wife and kids, all of whom I've seen like a handful of times in my life. It was my first trip to California, and while I was there, we went to Disneyland....

Supposedly, my mom took me to Disneyworld when I was younger, but I don't remember, so this was like my first Disney Park experience...

It was just me, my uncle and his 2 sons, 11 and 14, and we were only there for like 4 hours before leaving!!! :evil: It wasn't the best best experience, I had to put up with my cousins' constant "I wanna puch/kick him" everytime they saw a character in costume, and my uncle was laughing, and it was like if you're going to go to disneyland or something, just enjoy it for what it is, don't make fun of it... :roll: well that's all for now.

Anyway, the first "ride" or whatever we went on was the Honey I Shrunk the Audience thing... Space Mountain was closed for renevations and won't be open till 2005 (the 50th Anniversary of DL), then we had an over priced lunch, that greatly upset my stomache, but I'll get back to that... By the way the HISTA thing was pretty cool... then we did Thunder Mountain, or something, it was a roller coaster that went through like mines or something, that was neat... then my stomache started to act up, when I thought it was better we got in line for the Hunted Mansion and my stomache was on and off kinda the whole way through the line, but the "calm before the storm" happened as I got to the front of the line, so I felt safe to get on the ride, but the whole time, I felt aweful, and kept looking for emergency exits the whole time the ride was going, when it finally ended, I raced to the bathroom, making it just in time, but I was so worried, during the ride, I kept thinking of a certain Friends episode (the one with the Space Mountain story) anyway, if it hadn't been for that the ride would have been awesome... Then we got one the Indiana Jones ride, which I loved, and then some ride where your like traveling down the Nile in one of those boat/raft thingies, and the tour guide was hilarious, constantly cracking jokes... Unfortunately that was the last ride we got on.... then I got my picture taken with Ariel, she's the only one I'm afraid, but oh well, there's always next time, I'm planning to go to Disney World next time...

So the rides and all were very enjoyable, the company, was a little ehhh, but I guess they are just at that age or whatever, don't know what the father's excuse was, but I look forward to taking my kids there someday... and I think that's about it. :ears:

I I did try like really hard to get my hands on a copy of Sleeping Beauty while I was there, but they all said it hadn't been released yet and there were no early copies or whatever.... so..... I'm forces to still wait while others have their copies already :roll:
Defy Gravity
Leonia
Special Edition

Post by Leonia »

You only spent four hours in Disneyland?

Really, the next time you come back to Anaheim, you should spend your whole waking day in Disneyland. And even then that's not enough to see all of Disneyland, unless you cut the "It's a Small World" ride from your itinerary. (Every time me and my folks/relatives go to Disneyland, they ALWAYS insist on riding "Small World"--I honestly don't know why...)
Prince Phillip
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Phillip »

I would have LOVED to! Believe me! It was the rest of them that wanted to go, much to my dissappointment, I guess they just don't get it... :( Well next time will be different, I will be there from open to closing....

I'll have to check out the "It's A Small World" ride, even though I think everyone finds it annoying... :lol:
Defy Gravity
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

Its A Small World is a nice ride, I always ride it as well.

I read that people do occaisonally hit, punch or kick the costumed characters, which is really ignorant. Its good the kids you were with didn't actually assault those people!

Too bad you had stomach trouble. I never went to Disneyland but I have been to WDW 4 times now and have always had great food. I didn't find the prices to be too bad, considering you are in a theme park. They usually are more expensive in parks but at least at WDW you usually get good meals. You can spend the same amount for food at a Six Flags for a dried out old hamburger while at Disney you can get a decent meal.

So, where is this picture of you and Ariel?
STASHONE
Anniversary Edition

Post by STASHONE »

Disney World is nine hundred thousand billion times more fun than Disneyland. You couldnt even cover 2 miles in 4 hours at DW, it would take you an entire week to see it all.
Celtic
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Celtic »

We went to Disney in Florida 2 yrs ago and I loved every second of it. The only annoyance.....my step-daughters constant moaning. Next time it's me, my husband and no brats! :lol:
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Post by Loomis »

I'm so jealous....
Struck down with the travel big, itchy feet, and other such things.
I went to Disneyland when I was like 7 (so a long time ago :wink:).

I've been wanting to go again ever since.
My goal in life is to see every Disneyland/World in the world.

One day....

Wish I could be there now :P
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

Celtic wrote:We went to Disney in Florida 2 yrs ago and I loved every second of it. The only annoyance.....my step-daughters constant moaning. Next time it's me, my husband and no brats! :lol:
:lol: Yeah! If they can't appreciate it, leave em at home!
Prince Adam
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Adam »

I went to Disney World almost seven years ago, but I'm aching to go again. And like Loomis, my goal is to visit:
Disneyland
Disney's California Adventure (I guess that's part of Disneyland...)
Tokyo Disneyland
Tokyo DisneySea
Disneyland Paris
Hong Kong Disneyland
Disney's Vero Beach Resort
Castaway Cay (so I'll have to go on the cruise...)
Defy Gravity...
Jack
Collector's Edition

Post by Jack »

Space Mountain closed? NO! That was my fav ride! Good thing I rode it 3 times in a row last time I went to Disneyland.

Oh well. Glad you got to go.
Prince Phillip
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Phillip »

Welcome to the forum Celtic, like your avatar, Daisy is one of my faves...

Well my Uncle in CA has my pics, I don't know how they came out... Also, my scanner doesn't work, so I don't know if I'll be able to post it, but I'll try when I get it. :wink: :lol:

Yeah, I think Florida might have better food, I ate at Islands of Adventure and it was GREAT!

California Adventure is next to Disneyland, but you have to buy a seperate ticket....

I too, would like to see all the parks around the world, but would settle for all the parks in Florida like: Epcot, Disney World, and all the rest...

I have to start saving now, so I can go and have the full experience, it will probably take me like 10 years of saving! :lol:
Defy Gravity
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

Prince Phillip wrote:Yeah, I think Florida might have better food, I ate at Islands of Adventure and it was GREAT!

California Adventure is next to Disneyland, but you have to buy a seperate ticket....

I too, would like to see all the parks around the world, but would settle for all the parks in Florida like: Epcot, Disney World, and all the rest...
Okay, just to clear a few things up...

Space Mountain is only closed temporarily. Next year is going to be a big year for all of the Disney parks as they will be celebrating Disneyland's 50th.

Islands of Adventure is a Universal Studios park, and is located right next to Universal Studios Orlando. They have an area there called Universal Studios City Walk which has bars and restaurants and other entertainment.

Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida is made up of 4 theme parks:

Magic Kingdom
Epcot
Disney/MGM Studios
Animal Kingdom

So, when you say WDW, it covers all 4 parks. They also have water parks (Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach) and an area called Downtown Disney which has dance clubs(Pleasure Island), restaurants, stores, a movie theater, Cirque de Soliel, Disney Quest (video games), the world's largest Disney Store, etc.
Choco Bear
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Choco Bear »

i remeber once when i was gonna run away and walk to disneyland i even had my pillow and blankey packed aand my teddy bears it would of been a good cardio excersize :D
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Post by Loomis »

Choco Bear wrote:i remeber once when i was gonna run away and walk to disneyland i even had my pillow and blankey packed aand my teddy bears it would of been a good cardio excersize :D
Ha! Maybe I should try that for exercise.

I'd have both swimming AND walking involved.

I had originally planned to go to Disneyland/Disney's California Adventure and New Orleans early next year, but that looks as though it will be postponed until early 2005.

Some things are worth waiting for I guess. :D
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter
STASHONE
Anniversary Edition

Post by STASHONE »

Maerj wrote:
Prince Phillip wrote:Yeah, I think Florida might have better food, I ate at Islands of Adventure and it was GREAT!

Okay, just to clear a few things up...

Space Mountain is only closed temporarily. Next year is going to be a big year for all of the Disney parks as they will be celebrating Disneyland's 50th.

Islands of Adventure is a Universal Studios park, and is located right next to Universal Studios Orlando. They have an area there called Universal Studios City Walk which has bars and restaurants and other entertainment.

Magic Kingdom
Epcot
Disney/MGM Studios
Animal Kingdom

So, when you say WDW, it covers all 4 parks. They also have water parks (Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach) and an area called Downtown Disney which has dance clubs(Pleasure Island), restaurants, stores, a movie theater, Cirque de Soliel, Disney Quest (video games), the world's largest Disney Store, etc.

Actually Im pretty sure Typhoon Lagoon has closed down. Apparently there were issues with the cleanliness and sanitation of the water and the crocs and little sea critters were causing some concern so, from what I understand, that is no more.
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

STASHONE wrote:
Maerj wrote: Okay, just to clear a few things up...

Magic Kingdom
Epcot
Disney/MGM Studios
Animal Kingdom

Actually Im pretty sure Typhoon Lagoon has closed down. Apparently there were issues with the cleanliness and sanitation of the water and the crocs and little sea critters were causing some concern so, from what I understand, that is no more.
It was open when I was down there in June and it is still being advertised on all the resort channels. It is also still open according to their official site. If they were going to shut it down due to the animals, I think they would just shut that part down and not the entire park. I hope they don't tho, cause snorkling with the sea creatures is a cool idea.
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

Loomis wrote:I'm so jealous....
Struck down with the travel big, itchy feet, and other such things.
I went to Disneyland when I was like 7 (so a long time ago :wink:).

I've been wanting to go again ever since.
My goal in life is to see every Disneyland/World in the world.

One day....

Wish I could be there now :P

awwwwwwwwww How cute Little Loomis @ disneyland. I hope you remember what it looks like cause that's the first place we are taking over! :lol: