POCAHONTAS DVD REVIEW

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Matty-Mouse
Special Edition

Post by Matty-Mouse »

You've said all I feel about this release really. Its annoying that they've hidden the original version of the movie away again (Lion King) but at least we got it (Star Wars).

The only thing I do want to say is that I had to laugh while listening to the commentary (which I will say does take a while for the guys to get going) is that they say they finished the movie 8 years ago! Now we all know that this DVD has taken forever to be released but now that BVHE US are releasing this film as a 10th anniversary edition this will be clearly wrong!
Dust? Anyone? No?
Dust? Anyone? No?
Dust? Anyone? No?

Well thats actually low in fat so you can eat as much of that as you like.
Barty
Limited Issue

Post by Barty »

I wonder, is the 'unfinished' if i never knew you song also on the dvd somewhere? On the older dvd edition, it was there in rough animation, storyboards, some finished scenes,..
Is that also carried over to the 2disc?
punkoala

Post by punkoala »

Is the new UK disc in Anamorphic Widescreen ?
Barty
Limited Issue

Post by Barty »

punkoala wrote:Is the new UK disc in Anamorphic Widescreen ?
yea
akhenaten
Anniversary Edition

Post by akhenaten »

anyone seen the making of pocahontas hosted by david ogden stiers? it's a more comprehensive look into the making of the movie.they had footage of real actors posing as pocahontas in a canoe. i don't fancy the one with irene bedard..even tho she's great.

thanks for the harper's bazaar screencaps.i've always wanted an internet photo of it! all i had before was a small photo from the UK EMPIRE magazine in 1995.
do you still wait for me Dream Giver?
The Little Merman
Anniversary Edition

Post by The Little Merman »

Those screencaps just make me want this in my hands even more!! :D

**The fashion pics. are hilarious! I love the last, with the sort of Hollywood Glam Pocahontas :lol: rotfl :lol:
Andy
Special Edition

Post by Andy »

RJKD23 wrote:
*Andy* wrote:Great screencaps!
I wont be buying Pochahontas though...........
What?!
WHY?!
Its just not a release i want. I found the film quite boring and Pochahontas to be sort of annoying. It doesnt even borderline into "Its not a film i love but then it would be great in my collection", as i just dont want it in my collection.

Sorry if that offended anyone, but im sure theres films you dont want in your collection :)
hiiiii
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

Just saw the feature, twice! Amazing movie, I cried the first time! The new song makes it so much more powerful and meaningful!
About that mistake, I actually don't think it is one. If you notice really, really, really carefully you notice that the camera angle is from a slightly different angle. It could just be you're not meant to see the moon. :wink:
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Re:

Post by DisneyFan09 »

akhenaten wrote:anyone seen the making of pocahontas hosted by david ogden stiers? it's a more comprehensive look into the making of the movie.they had footage of real actors posing as pocahontas in a canoe. i don't fancy the one with irene bedard..even tho she's great.
Yes, I've seen it. It was shown here in Norway during the films release. Unfortunately it was shown at night, so I remember my poor parents had to stay up and record it. Personally I liked that making off-better than the one with Irene Bedard.

And yes, I know that I'm replying a thread that's about a decade, but I was doing some research and came over this thread.