UltimateDisney.com's Reviews - Feedback, 2/05 - 1/06

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Post by MadonnasManOne »

Thanks for the new reviews, Luke!

I can't wait to read your review of Bambi: Platinum Edition.

One question: Does anyone know of any stores that might still stock the Dinosaur: Collectors Edition? I should have bought it, when I saw it a couple of years ago. Now all I can find is the one disc release.
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

:D I CANT WAIT FOR THE ROGER REVIEW :D
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

MadonnasManOne wrote:One question: Does anyone know of any stores that might still stock the Dinosaur: Collectors Edition? I should have bought it, when I saw it a couple of years ago. Now all I can find is the one disc release.
Amazon still has some copies available! :wink:
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: UltimateDisney.com's Latest DVD Reviews

Post by Escapay »

Luke wrote:Since some people don't seem to venture to the front page
:lol:

That often makes me wonder: Was I the only one that found the site first, board later? The site is really hard to accidentally ignore, what with the links at the top of the page and such.

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Post by MadonnasManOne »

Great review of Bambi: Platinum Edition, Luke. I can't wait to get it! It's been decades since I've seen it, and your review has only made the wait even harder! :wink:
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Post by MadonnasManOne »

DisneyFan 2000 wrote:
Amazon still has some copies available! :wink:
I've never ordered from that site. Are sellers pretty reliable?

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check it out.
indianajdp
Anniversary Edition

Post by indianajdp »

MadonnasManOne wrote:Great review of Bambi: Platinum Edition, Luke!
I second that...an excellent piece!
" There's no Dumbass Vaccine " - Jimmy Buffett
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

awesome Bambi review,Luke :D !
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Thanks for the compliment! A reminder that any of the "Buy" links on UD's title pages, reviews, the shop, etc. go to Amazon and that purchases through this help support the site and don't cost you any more than going straight to them.

:)
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

Excellent Bambi review, Luke! Although this release seems to be slightly less content-wise than the other Platinums, based on your review, the disc makes up for this in quality (Walt's Story Meetings sounds amazing). Thanks again for another awesome review, Luke. :D
Just Myself
Platinum Edition

Post by Just Myself »

Hey Luke, what are the previews on the Bambi DVD? I didn't find it in the review(BTW awesome review :thumb: )
Cheers,
JM :thumb:
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Post by MadonnasManOne »

Just Myself wrote:Hey Luke, what are the previews on the Bambi DVD? I didn't find it in the review(BTW awesome review :thumb: )
Luke did put that information in the review. Towards the bottom of page one.

From Luke's review:

"Disc 1 of Bambi starts up with trailers for Cinderella, Chicken Little, Bambi and the Great Prince of the Forest, and Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch. The Sneak Peeks menu contains additional previews for the Growing Up with Winnie the Pooh line, the second wave of Disney's Princess DVDs, the new Studio Ghibli sets, and the JoJo's Circus discs coming this spring."
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Well, Luke, you've done it again. Fantastic review- very in-depth!

I've tried watching Bambi twice in my life. The first was at the 1988 theatrical re-release. I didn't like it and asked my mom if we could leave about half-way in, and after my persistent nagging, we did. The second time was last year on a VHS that I rented from the library. The audio and video quality was horrible and tracking lines were very distracting. For that reason, I say that I've never seen it in its entirety. I've just never been able to get into it, though. I hope that next week's release changes all that, and I expect to at the very least appreciate it on a deeper level as I've matured a bit since 1988 (though I remember seeing it then vividly, as I do with all of Disney's rereleases... I miss those days).

You've managed to excite me about the release anyways, though, Luke. The Walt's meetings feature sounds incredible and I can't wait to see it. I'm very pleased to see the much-needed improvement on what has previously been a tiring and battery-destroying virtual gallery menu system. The inserts also sound very cool. I'm very excited for Tuesday. :)

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Thanks for the nice words, Aaron and everyone else. This thread was really just to make sure people knew about the reviews, but getting feedback on them is a great added bonus!
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

MadonnasManOne wrote:I've never ordered from that site. Are sellers pretty reliable?

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check it out.
The site is one of the most reliable in the world. No need to purchase from sellers. Amazon(.co.uk) still has original copies available!
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

Great review Luke can't wait to get it on Tuesday. :D
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
PrincessJen
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PrincessJen »

Oh MY GOODNESS!!! Sweet Valley High is coming to DVD?!!! Ya'll don't understand, that show was my life when I was in 6th grade! OMG! Didn't think anyone even cared!

Sorry about the freakout
lolopimp
Banned Deadbeat

Post by lolopimp »

Good job on the review Luke!:thumb:
Now I'm even more excited on getting this film, and watch it for the first time in my life. I wish nobody had ever told me that Bambi's mother would die though, but it's impossible since everyone knows the movie :lol:
Ciaobelli
Special Edition

Post by Ciaobelli »

Great Incredibles review. Simply awsome. So is the slipcover holographic like Nemo's?
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

Another excellent review, Luke (on The Incredibles)! This release looks to be Pixar's best, yet. I wish Finding Nemo had gotten this sort of treatment. It's surprising how minimal the amount of sneak peeks on the disc are. Normally Disney packs in like 10 different trailers before the menu arrives. I guess there's not much to advertise at the moment.