Balto III: Wings of Change

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
toonaspie
Anniversary Edition

Post by toonaspie »

Do we have any Balto fans in here? I'm psyched about the new sequel regardless of possible animation and storyline flaws.

The thing that bothers me is that all of these other countries are getting news about it that I cant even read. Theyre even gonna get Balto 3 earlier than the US as well. I CANT WAIT TILL 2005!!!

Now for links!!

English info: THIS SITE ROCKS!!!
http://www.theicecave.org/balto3/balto3.shtml

Japanese site: http://www.universalpictures.jp/balto3w ... .html?#850

Italy article: http://www.pubblicitaitalia.it/news.asp?id_news=19928
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

I'm a Balto fan!!! This is great news Balto III!!!! :D
I hope they relase a Balto Trilogy DVD set soon!!! :D
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
ThiagoPE
The Lion King

Post by ThiagoPE »

Im also a Balto fan! i really was wondering about the Balto 3 movie.

Thanks for the info toonaspie
toonaspie
Anniversary Edition

Post by toonaspie »

NEW LINK in ENGLISH
Simple explanation of the plot if you like spoilers
http://www.keyframeonline.com/kf.php?op ... 7d559ec62c

and despite what you think we have to accept what the plot says
kinda reminds me of how we are now suppose to accept the fact that Simba had a daughter at the end of The Lion King instead of a son
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

Here's the artwork for Balto 3!!!

Source: DVDanswers

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0 ... &n=1&burl=
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
ThiagoPE
The Lion King

Balto III: Wings of Change...

Post by ThiagoPE »

Someone already watched this movie?

I really loved it, mainly the tree songs, wonderfull!
orestes.
Anniversary Edition

Post by orestes. »

I haven't, not yet. I want to see it though since I liked the first two. I don't know if I would ever buy it though.
<a href="http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=orestes" target="_blank">my wonderful dvds.</a>
Paka
Anniversary Edition

Post by Paka »

I'm curious to see it, actually. It hasn't come out in the U.S. and Canada yet - release date is February 1st. Anyone that has cable, though, can see it for "free" on Cartoon Network tomorrow morning - the 30th. It airs at 12pm ET, I believe.

As much a cheapquel hater as I am, I didn't find Wolf Quest to be too repugnant, and apparently Wings of Change is actually okay, too - at least from the reviews I've read thus far.
Life often leaves us standing bare, naked and dejected with a lost opportunity. Over the bleached bones and jumbled residues of numerous civilizations are written the pathetic words: "Too late."

~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Evil Genie Jafar
Anniversary Edition
Location: Humacao, Puerto Rico; there's more to PR than San Juan!

Post by Evil Genie Jafar »

Sorry for this but since we're talking about this animated movies. Do you remember The Pebble and the Penguin?

I watched it as a kid and thought it was good. Was it?

"You're only second rate!"
Jake Lipson
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jake Lipson »

Though it will probably be overshadowed by the more heavily-promoted release of Mulan II from Disney, Universal is offering up its own direct-to-video animated sequel on Tuesday -- a third Balto movie, "Wings of Change." Any other Balto fans around here?

I've been a Balto fan since the release of the original movie ten years ago, and I was nervious about it being sequelized, especially since Universal's track record with The Land Before Time and An American Tail "franchises" is arguably worse than Disney's. But then came the second one, Wolf Quest, and it looked good, so I bought it. It wasn't the best ever, but they certianly got more right with it than they got wrong, despite having the voice cast entirely recast from the original (Disney at least makes an effort to get the stars back.) Characterization was right on and the story was an interesting companion piece to the first one, even though the first one's story was closed and didn't need a sequel to finish anything. It did, though, take on a different tone than the first one and was a bit more spiritual which was a slight misstep; I also think that including songs was a mistake, when the original movie never was a musical (though they weren't bad.) But, overall, I was pleased with how it had continued. On repeat viewings the new directions they took the sequel in warmed to me, as well. Then I heard that Universal was pleased enough with the second one to greenlight a third, and I got really excited.

Well, strangely enough they ran the third one on Cartoon Network this afternoon prior its DVD release on Tuesday, and I saw it. I'm happy to say that it is absolutely GREAT. They keep all the elements that made Wolf Quest good, but have the sense to toss out the wax spiritual stuff that took away from it a bit. They've really re-evaluated what they're going to do wit the franchise, and Wings of Change has a sense of adventure that harkens back to the original movie. There's still unnessesary musical sequences here and there, but they're no worse than the second one; also, the opening credits sequence features an amazing voiceover song (think Tarzan, Toy Story, Brother Bear type, without the characters singing) that's spot on and puts you right back into the Balto world. Not going to say much else to avoid spoilers, but I'm enormously pleased with this. It improved on the second in every regard that needed improving and reminded me why I love the first one so much. I'll definately be buying it and encourage anybody who likes the first Balto to see it.

Even if you were let down by Wolf Quest, as some of us fans were, this one avoids its mistakes and is worth checking out. Of course, the $19.95 list price doesn't hurt either... ;)

Universal -- I can't believe I'm requesting this, but bring on Balto IV! If it can be produced with the same care and thought as the third one was, I'm all for it. Just don't stop the quality product; Balto shouldn't turn into the gutter of DTV like the Land Before Time series did.
Last edited by Jake Lipson on Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<a href=http://jakelipson.dvdaf.com/owned/ target=blank>My modest collection of little silver movie discss</a>
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

in Canada it is on YTV today. oh joy. :roll: