Magic Candle Company

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Magic Candle Company

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Since I completed my DCP and returned to my first home, I’ve been homesick for my second one, WDW. I’ve been more active on these boards and I’ve started living vicariously through Disney Twitter and YouTube. If you watch almost any Disney YouTuber, you’ve probably seen ads for the Magic Candle Company. They are a business which produces fragrances that are either copy cats of real Disney smells or are inspired by Disney attractions and locations. I bought 9 oil fragrances from them about a month ago and I’ve been slowly working my way through them.

Banshee Flight- it smells just like the ride. I’m almost tempted to put the diffuser in front of a fan and blow it right in my face to get the authentic Flight of Passage experience. It’s not actually one of my favorite scents but if you’re looking for attraction specific smells, this one is a winner.

Confectionary- this smell was the first Disney™ smell I ever noticed. I was watching the Boo to You parade when the candy themed Wreck it Ralph floats came through and smelled exactly like the actual Main Street candy shop. I knew the rumors that Disney used artificial fragrances, but in my role as a cast member I never had first hand experience to realize it was true! You can also smell the exact same scent at Goofy’s Candy Company in Disney Springs.

Anyway, this is the scent I remember the best because it’s a very lovely, sweet raspberry scent. It’s not necessarily a fragrance I’d otherwise wish for my room or home to smell like (because it’s very “sweet” and is maybe better suited for a candy shop rather than someone’s home), but it’s in no way unpleasant and personally it’s the most evocative of the parks’ for me. It’s a favorite.

Philharmonic Pie- I don’t actually recall the scents Disney use for any of the scenes in Philharmagic, but because I did the ride several times, I wondered if either scent would prove memorable when I got them at home from Magic Candle Company. I still don’t recall them, but this is a pleasant, fruity pie smell.

Philharmonic Champagne- The story is the same for this scent, but the outcome is different— I went absolutely bananas for this smell, it is heavenly, and it is my favorite scent so far. I think perhaps the smells are used very briefly in Philharmagic, but when I go again next year I’ll be sure to ride this attraction and see how the Magic Candle Company’s scent matches up to the real thing. No matter what, I will always love this fragrance!

Walter’s Office- This is the first fragrance on the list that is merely “inspired” by Disney. It has the strong scent of sweet tobacco. I chose it because I thought it might be a nice general scent I could use whenever. It’s not really an offensive smell, but nevertheless, it’s not really for me, either. It has sat unused in my diffuser for a long time. In its defense, the first time I used it was while recovering from getting 7 teeth pulled, so I was heavily medicated and felt nauseous. It’s possible I might have better enjoyed it under different circumstances, but now the smell is forever linked with unhappy memories and I don’t see it getting much use in my home. And, too, perhaps I overestimated my appreciation of the tobacco smell before ordering it— I have always reviled smoking anyway!

Haunted- The Haunted Mansion has no associated scents, so this is also “inspired” by the ride. When I sniffed it with all the other fragrances after the order first arrived, it was one of only two that I met with initial disgust (the other was “Rome Burning” which I’ll get to later). But today is Halloween and I thought I ought to put it in the diffuser before the moment passed. It definitely has a dusty, musky old smell to it. It reminds me of the speech Jennifer Lawrence gives in American Hustle where she says things smell good if they have just a little of something bad in them. The smell is actually pretty comforting and I can see myself using it frequently, especially in the coming cold November nights.

I still have yet to try three scents that I ordered. Pirate Life is very popular and the POTC ride certainly has a distinctive scent with smell of the bromine treated water. I think it’s my next test after I finish my initial batch of “Haunted.” The other two I have are Rome Burning which is a copycat of scent used in Spaceship Earth. I’m almost afraid to use this one, it’s very strong inside the bottle and I really only purchased it to see if they could nail the smell and I think I can tell they did without having to live in it for a few days. Speaking of strong scents, my last fragrance is the Little Old Christmas Shop. I loved all the year round Christmas stores in WDW, especially the one in Disney Springs where I bought a very expensive but very beautiful tree skirt. I don’t actually recall any of those stores having any particular fragrances, but this scent is so strong it overpowers all the other scents where I have them kept. I love Christmas and I love Christmas scents so much that it’s been tempting to dip into this fragrance before the season (I’ve already listened to a little Christmas music...) but I think I’ll wait a few more weeks before it goes into the diffuser...

All in all, I must say I have been very impressed by the Magic Candle Company and I’ve already got a wishlist of future fragrances to buy.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Magic Candle Company

Post by blackcauldron85 »

What you posted is a better ad than what I've seen on YouTube!! I would love Confectionary, Philarmonic Pie (I can smell it right now in my mind!!) + Champagne (same!), but hubby isn't big on sweet smells. Rome Burning, though, that's a distinctive scent that I can also smell right now! When I have more time, I need to look at their site! For when I have $ anyway!
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

blackcauldron85 wrote:What you posted is a better ad than what I've seen on YouTube!! I would love Confectionary, Philarmonic Pie (I can smell it right now in my mind!!) + Champagne (same!), but hubby isn't big on sweet smells. Rome Burning, though, that's a distinctive scent that I can also smell right now! When I have more time, I need to look at their site! For when I have $ anyway!
Perhaps I can get in on one of those sponsor deals? Haha

You will have to convince your husband to relent! The Confectionary is a very sweet smell, but the other two are less so. The champagne scent is just so intoxicating... I love it! I can’t believe I don’t remember them from the rides though. When you order make sure you get at least 15% off— the website constantly runs sales that are either 10% or 15% off, but all the sponsor codes I’ve seen are 15% so if the website is on a 10% sale, head to Disney Dan or Offhand Disney or whatever to use their codes instead. But yes, you won’t regret it! If you try them, let me know what you think!
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

^^ I will; thanks for the tip!