Phantom Manor Refurbishment

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Phantom Manor Refurbishment

Post by DisneyJedi »

https://youtu.be/WWf6R6VCM4k

So... details on the updates for Phantom Manor. I’m a bit mixed on some of the ideas, namely Melanie having multiple suitors instead of just one. Personally, I liked it better when it was just one suitor for whatever reason.

By the way, I started this thread because I didn’t see any specific threads about the Phantom Manor.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Re: Phantom Manor Refurbishment

Post by Atlantica »

Oh my gosh that's so funny, I just popped into the theme parks section, wishing I had someone to talk about this with, other than on Twitter !

I really, REALLY don't know what to think about the new plot line. It makes Melanie seem less tragic and sad somehow .. maybe more desperate instead ? And the mystery has been completely removed; as in, totally and utterly gone. We know for sure all the facts now, when it was part of the appeal having it be so ambiguous.

But then it might totally change my mind when seeing it in person; I think it's been the longest closure / refurb in the whole of Disney Park history I think isn't it ? Expecting something really special from the animatronics now; especially Melanie. She was either bowing to us in a very limited fashion when we boarded the ride, static in the corridor, her head turning left and right in the ballroom, then her head moving up and down whilst looking in her bedroom mirror. So anything up from that limited range of motion will be much improved !
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Re: Phantom Manor Refurbishment

Post by DisneyJedi »