Question about Halloween Party (costume restrictions)

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
Khonnor
Special Edition

Question about Halloween Party (costume restrictions)

Post by Khonnor »

So, this year we'll be going to the Halloween Party and have been already trying to gather stuff for our costumes. However, I just read the Guidelines on the Halloween page and some things are not entirely clear to me.

For example, they may refuse costumes that are too "offensive or inappropriate". Is that like extremely shocking costumes and gore?
I was thinking about going as a male version from Harley Quinn from the Suicide Squad movie. It's basically just a red/blue swim trunks (yes they are tight and look like boxer shorts). A white baseball shirt that says Daddy's Lil Monster and some white face powder with blue and red eye shadow and some temporary tattoos on my arms and legs (nothing obscene though). Would that be considered TOO offensive or inappropriate?
I was thinking about an inflatable Bat. The guidelines state: "may not contain any weapons that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon." and "acceptable accessories include: transparent wings, plastic light sabers, toy swords, and tutus.".

My boyfriend wants to go as Darkwing Duck. With a HUGE hat. Would that be allowed? He's also considering a purple mask that covers the eyes or a purple piece of cloth like a bandana sorta style. Would that be allowed, as the guidelines state "headwear may be worn as long as it does not cover the face" and "may not wear masks of any kind"?

Anyone who works or worked there or goes there often knows how strict they are with these guidelines or if our costumes could cause problems?
Any help would be appreciated and welcome.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Question about Halloween Party (costume restrictions)

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Anything deemed "too sexy" can be grounds to be asked to changed and/or booted from the Party, so maybe have a backup with you for your shorts! If it's obvious that the bat is inflatable (especially if it's not brown like wood?), then that shouldn't be an issue, as toy swords and Lightsabers are allowed. Per the newest guidelines, masks of any sort are not allowed (as you put)... :( So no mask for Darkwing, but maybe some purple paint around the eyes might be acceptable?
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Disney Releases Video Highlighting Theme Park and runDisney Costume Guidelines
http://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/201 ... uidelines/
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

blackcauldron85 wrote:Disney Releases Video Highlighting Theme Park and runDisney Costume Guidelines
http://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/201 ... uidelines/
thanks for your previous reply and the video.
The video is nothing New though, Just the guidelines from their site, which still feels vague to me.

By now I Have my costume complete and Have decided to Just go with it. Worst case scenario, I'll Have to go back to change.