DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Frozen Attraction?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:48 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:54 am
Posts: 14596
Epcot: "Frozen" Attraction Opening Date and More News
http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2014/10 ... e.html?m=1

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frozen Attraction?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:45 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:54 am
Posts: 14596
A pic of the deconstruction of the Maelstrom:
https://mobile.twitter.com/JohnCFSS/sta ... 80/photo/1

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frozen Attraction?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:59 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:54 am
Posts: 14596
Frozen added to Storybook Land Canal Boats:
http://thedisneyblog.com/2014/12/23/min ... nal-boats/

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frozen Attraction?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:06 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:54 am
Posts: 14596
Wandering Oakens Trading Post and Frozen Snowground now closed at Disney's Hollywood Studios
http://m.wdwmagic.com/shopping/wanderin ... tudios.htm

Snow Queens – Art of Ice Exhibit Coming to Disney Gallery
http://laughingplace.com/w/news/2015/01 ... y-gallery/

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frozen Attraction?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:28 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:33 am
Posts: 5414
Location: UK
Info on the Frozen Ever After Ride :

https://ohmy.disney.com/news/2016/04/06/more-details-emerge-about-frozen-attractions-coming-to-epcot/?cmp=smc%7C421318926


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frozen Attraction?
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 1:22 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:28 am
Posts: 3070
Location: Any Disney park you choose
This is going to come as a great shock to Disneyland fans: a new rumor has surfaced about a Frozen ride coming there.

I read on a MiceAge thread about some sources allegedly in connection with Imagineering that claim about a retheme of Big Thunder Mountain. According to the rumor, given what's happening to the back half of Frontierland, some execs are pondering whether to keep Frontierland at all. Now the current rumor is not to do a Fantasyland expansion, but to retheme Big Thunder to a snowy mountain with Elsa's castle resting on high and the trains being rethemed as sleds. The trains would be re-themed to sleds that enter the ice cavern, meet a Marshmallow AA and be sent racing through the slippery slopes of Arendelle. Many of the effects would be easily updated with bursts of snow and an avalanche replacing the TNT finale and wolves add a tension to the 2nd lift hill.

This sounds absolutely bogus and a cruel joke, but we probably felt the same about all those rumors about that Guardians of the Galaxy overlay of the Tower of Terror, and now look at that rumor - against resistance from fans, it has been starting to gain steam now.

I sincerely hope this is not true. Otherwise, my days of going to Disneyland may very well be numbered, as Big Thunder is one of my most absolute favorites in the park.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frozen Attraction?
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 12:42 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:59 am
Posts: 4835
Big Disney Fan wrote:
This is going to come as a great shock to Disneyland fans: a new rumor has surfaced about a Frozen ride coming there.

I read on a MiceAge thread about some sources allegedly in connection with Imagineering that claim about a retheme of Big Thunder Mountain. According to the rumor, given what's happening to the back half of Frontierland, some execs are pondering whether to keep Frontierland at all. Now the current rumor is not to do a Fantasyland expansion, but to retheme Big Thunder to a snowy mountain with Elsa's castle resting on high and the trains being rethemed as sleds. The trains would be re-themed to sleds that enter the ice cavern, meet a Marshmallow AA and be sent racing through the slippery slopes of Arendelle. Many of the effects would be easily updated with bursts of snow and an avalanche replacing the TNT finale and wolves add a tension to the 2nd lift hill.

This sounds absolutely bogus and a cruel joke, but we probably felt the same about all those rumors about that Guardians of the Galaxy overlay of the Tower of Terror, and now look at that rumor - against resistance from fans, it has been starting to gain steam now.

I sincerely hope this is not true. Otherwise, my days of going to Disneyland may very well be numbered, as Big Thunder is one of my most absolute favorites in the park.


I doubt it going happen. Cause If they truly intended that, it would be over the Matterhorn. Not Big Thunder.

_________________
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frozen Attraction?
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 1:02 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:28 am
Posts: 3070
Location: Any Disney park you choose
Super Aurora wrote:
Big Disney Fan wrote:
This is going to come as a great shock to Disneyland fans: a new rumor has surfaced about a Frozen ride coming there.

I read on a MiceAge thread about some sources allegedly in connection with Imagineering that claim about a retheme of Big Thunder Mountain. According to the rumor, given what's happening to the back half of Frontierland, some execs are pondering whether to keep Frontierland at all. Now the current rumor is not to do a Fantasyland expansion, but to retheme Big Thunder to a snowy mountain with Elsa's castle resting on high and the trains being rethemed as sleds. The trains would be re-themed to sleds that enter the ice cavern, meet a Marshmallow AA and be sent racing through the slippery slopes of Arendelle. Many of the effects would be easily updated with bursts of snow and an avalanche replacing the TNT finale and wolves add a tension to the 2nd lift hill.

This sounds absolutely bogus and a cruel joke, but we probably felt the same about all those rumors about that Guardians of the Galaxy overlay of the Tower of Terror, and now look at that rumor - against resistance from fans, it has been starting to gain steam now.

I sincerely hope this is not true. Otherwise, my days of going to Disneyland may very well be numbered, as Big Thunder is one of my most absolute favorites in the park.


I doubt it going happen. Cause If they truly intended that, it would be over the Matterhorn. Not Big Thunder.


They mentioned the Matterhorn, arguing that its too tight and too rough for a Frozen overlay. Also, there's the Matterhorn's proximity to the parade route.

In any case, WDW1974 of WDWMagic.com hinted that Big Thunder was safe, but Toontown may (once again) not be so lucky; Toontown is still likely to be on its way out, not for Star Wars this time, but for a retheme to Frozen and possibly other properties.

I hope that's not true, either. Not only do I like Toontown, and I could be mistaken, but I think they have a space set aside for a Frozen dark ride near the Star Wars land coming in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frozen Attraction?
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 5:46 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:35 am
Posts: 2001
The rumor for a little bit has been that there's going to be a west coast New Fantasyland, but one that'll swap out Snow White and Little Mermaid attractions for Frozen and Beauty and the Beast.

If they add Tiana's Palace in as DL's Be Our Guest equivalent, and I am sold.

_________________
New blog! Expect Simpsons reviews, Disney pieces, and more coming here! Please subscribe.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frozen Attraction?
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 9:37 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:28 am
Posts: 3070
Location: Any Disney park you choose
Avaitor wrote:
The rumor for a little bit has been that there's going to be a west coast New Fantasyland, but one that'll swap out Snow White and Little Mermaid attractions for Frozen and Beauty and the Beast.


I hope that it does not happen until after the Star Wars land opens, which could be a long while yet. In this case, I don't think it's wise to close off much more of the park than there is already.

Incidentally, I saw a picture here from MiceChat:
Image

On MiceChat, one person speculated that this hill might be space set aside for Frozen, which, as Dusty Sage said, could be moved, changed or even canceled outright at any time. I hope if they do Frozen, it's mostly a dark ride (and maybe a shop) and not a whole subsection.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frozen Attraction?
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 1:31 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition

Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:58 am
Posts: 1086
Location: southern New Jersey
Avaitor wrote:
The rumor for a little bit has been that there's going to be a west coast New Fantasyland, but one that'll swap out Snow White and Little Mermaid attractions for Frozen and Beauty and the Beast.

If they add Tiana's Palace in as DL's Be Our Guest equivalent, and I am sold.




At the DLR, the Little Mermaid attraction is at DCA.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frozen Attraction?
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 1:31 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition

Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:58 am
Posts: 1086
Location: southern New Jersey
Avaitor wrote:
The rumor for a little bit has been that there's going to be a west coast New Fantasyland, but one that'll swap out Snow White and Little Mermaid attractions for Frozen and Beauty and the Beast.

If they add Tiana's Palace in as DL's Be Our Guest equivalent, and I am sold.




At the DLR, the Little Mermaid attraction is at DCA.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frozen Attraction?
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 11:27 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:28 am
Posts: 3070
Location: Any Disney park you choose
carolinakid wrote:
Avaitor wrote:
The rumor for a little bit has been that there's going to be a west coast New Fantasyland, but one that'll swap out Snow White and Little Mermaid attractions for Frozen and Beauty and the Beast.

If they add Tiana's Palace in as DL's Be Our Guest equivalent, and I am sold.


At the DLR, the Little Mermaid attraction is at DCA.


I believe they were referring to the castle parks' Fantasylands.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frozen Attraction?
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 11:31 am 
Offline
Limited Edition

Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:58 am
Posts: 1086
Location: southern New Jersey
Not sure I understand. There is no Little Mermaid attraction in Disneyland's Fantasyland so how could it be "swapped out" for a new attraction? What am I not getting?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frozen Attraction?
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 1:22 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:28 am
Posts: 3070
Location: Any Disney park you choose
carolinakid wrote:
Not sure I understand. There is no Little Mermaid attraction in Disneyland's Fantasyland so how could it be "swapped out" for a new attraction? What am I not getting?


Well, WDW's Fantasyland has new rides themed to "The Little Mermaid" and "Snow White", while Disneyland's Fantasyland is rumored to get rides themed to "Frozen" and "Beauty and the Beast". I think what they were getting at is that Disneyland's Fantasyland is getting an expansion with new rides themed to different movies than in Florida.

In any case, I imagine they will mention something about this at the next D23, come next year.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frozen Attraction?
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 10:54 am 
Offline
Limited Edition

Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:58 am
Posts: 1086
Location: southern New Jersey
NOW, I get it! The way it was phrased I understood it meaning something completely different.

I'd hate to see DL's Fantasyland lose any dark rides, but I would think Pinocchio and Mr Toad would be the most expendable. If I were in charge and HAD to remove something for new attractions, I'd remove Casey Jr and the Canal Boats, even though I adore Storybook Land. Actually, I'd rather they bulldoze Toontown for any Fantasyland expansion.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frozen Attraction?
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 7:01 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:35 am
Posts: 2001
Oh, I'm sorry if my post caused any confusion. I was just making a comparison between Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland expansion, and Disneyland's rumored expansion.

But yeah, the rumor is that DLR will lose their Toontown for one, similar to how WDW lost theirs. Nothing is totally set in stone yet, so this is just speculation for now.

_________________
New blog! Expect Simpsons reviews, Disney pieces, and more coming here! Please subscribe.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frozen Attraction?
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 12:22 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:28 am
Posts: 3070
Location: Any Disney park you choose
Avaitor wrote:
But yeah, the rumor is that DLR will lose their Toontown for one, similar to how WDW lost theirs. Nothing is totally set in stone yet, so this is just speculation for now.


There is also a variation on that rumor, too: MOST, but not ALL, of Toontown would be scrapped. The exceptions would be the Roger Rabbit ride and Mickey's house, the latter likely relocated closer to the former so as to allow for the expansion and still have a place for Mickey to live.

I honestly hope that this rumor is the case.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frozen Attraction?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:12 pm 
Offline
Special Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:37 pm
Posts: 452
Location: Canada, eh.
Frozen Ever After opened today, and here's a full video for it:



The animatronics are probably some of the best that Walt Disney World has right now, even with the creepy projection faces (I have to admit that I'm not a big fan of that, but it might look better in real life). Even so, consider me impressed. Then again, I never really cared for Maelstrom to begin with, either, so its loss doesn't affect me.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frozen Attraction?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:08 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:33 am
Posts: 5414
Location: UK
The fluidity of the Elsa animatronic is truly a fantastic sight to behold, but what the heck with the face projections ...... ?? I agree, they are so creepy, and kind of make the whole thing look 'off'. It just doesn't match up. This seems to be that way forward that Disney are going, but I just don't like it; much prefer the traditional version of the animatronics.

I'm not 100% sure about the storyline either; maybe its better when seeing it ? Appreciate they tried to do something original instead of a Frozen re-tell, but would have been better to have a stronger narrative perhaps, as seems a little muddled when viewing the videos on youtube.

A lot of dead space as well ? Like where Olaf is ice skating would have been perfect to have another scene, a Hans cameo perhaps ?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group