Anyone going to the 2013 Halloween or Christmas Parties?

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Anyone going to the 2013 Halloween or Christmas Parties?

Post by carolinakid »

I was wondering if anyone on the board was planning to attend either Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party or Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party this year?

My boyfriend and I have to tickets to Disneyland's Halloween Party on Tuesday October 15. I plan to go as Flynn Rider and my boyfriend wants to be either Gaston or a Red Sox Player (I know...BO-RING!....I want him to go as Gaston!)

We then are going to Walt Disney World's Christmas Party on Monday November 11.

Will anyone here be attending the Parties this year?
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Anyone going to the 2013 Halloween or Christmas Parties

Post by Escapay »

I went to the first Not-So-Scary of the season (September 10) with a few friends. They dressed up as Captain Jack Sparrow and Angelica, another pair went as a witch and a warlock (but they went their own way soon after, thus I only have one picture with them, which isn't a very flattering one of me, so I didn't include it), while I went as a newsie. Actually ended up finding another guest also as a newsie, with his rolled-up "The Buena Vista Bugle" being the issue *before* the one I brought with me! I had a lot of fun, especially as Captain Jack & Angelica were seasoned pros who knew where to take me, when and where to see the fireworks/show/parade, and all the other fun stuff. We even had our own portrait room at Haunted Mansion!

My brother couldn't make it that night, so we decided we'd go again at a later date with Captain Jack, Angelica, and more of our friends.

I haven't attended a holiday party yet, since I've never been down here during the holidays. But now that I am, I'll likely go with everyone to an early-December party when there's that post-Thanksgiving, pre-Christmas lull.

Albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
DaveWadding
Collector's Edition

Post by DaveWadding »

I'm going with my family to Disneyland's Halloween Party tomorrow! :)
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Dave, how was the party?! And Albert- a Newsie!!!! I <3 it!

I went in late September to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at WDW! It was drizzly that night, so no Headless Horseman :(, but that parade is one of my 2 favorite parades (3?) in all of WDW, so I was so excited to see it again after not having seen it in a few years. One of the highlights was waiting in line to meet Aladdin and Abu, and 2 little girls were dressed like Elsa!
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

Had a blast at DL's Halloween Party last month. We're going to MK's Christmas Party on Monday, 11/11.
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Hey there, carolinakid! How was the Christmas party?

I forgot to ask what time you'd be at Magic Kingdom yesterday, in case you were there before they started kicking non-party-guests out. We didn't have tickets for the party, so we went to Epcot for the last day of Food and Wine, instead.

Albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

We didn't get to the Christmas Party till around 9:15 because we lingered at dinner at Boma and then had to catch the MK bus from the AKL, of course. But we did see the parade and it was fantastic. It was our first Christmas Party since 2006 and this year's parade seemed more spectacular than that one, if I remember correctly.

We went to the Food & Wine festival on Saturday & Sunday. Fabulous as usual and we tried just about all the food offerings (except many of the desserts; we're not really "sweets" guys). However, we don't recall ever seeing so many drunks before. I mean, we've always "drunk around the world" ourselves, but the loud , obnoxious behavior was really over the top.

Tuesday's dinner at Shula's was out of this world.