What's New at DisneyLand?

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: What's New at DisneyLand?

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Did anyone manage to go to the 60th Anniversary day at all ? And has anyone seen any of the park in its celebration year ?
RyGuy
Special Edition

Post by RyGuy »

Atlantica wrote:Did anyone manage to go to the 60th Anniversary day at all ? And has anyone seen any of the park in its celebration year ?
I did not go on July 17, but I have been to Disneyland while the celebration has been ongoing. Actually going again tomorrow :)
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Atlantica wrote:Did anyone manage to go to the 60th Anniversary day at all ? And has anyone seen any of the park in its celebration year ?
I'm going later this year and looking forward to Paint the Night the most. :)
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Ooooo RyGuy wow ! Has it been amazing there ?

I wonder; have any of the characters costumes changed to reflect the celebrations ? As I've seen an Aurora doll in a new dark blue dress, and wondered if she had a changed outfit at the parks....

I hope you have a wonderful time Flanger-Hanger :)
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Atlantica wrote:I wonder; have any of the characters costumes changed to reflect the celebrations ? As I've seen an Aurora doll in a new dark blue dress, and wondered if she had a changed outfit at the parks....
Only the main characters like Mickey, Minnie, Donald etc have had their costumes chaged. Sadly, Aurora is still only seen in pink these days.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Ah that's annoying ! Thought she might be dressed like this now:

http://altdisneyworld.blogspot.co.uk/20 ... being.html
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

Atlantica wrote:Ah that's annoying ! Thought she might be dressed like this now:

http://altdisneyworld.blogspot.co.uk/20 ... being.html
I love the blue dress. Beautiful.
As for the doll, I think the face looks a little 'Girls of the Playboy Mansion'. :lol:

Its 2015, how can we not have the technology to have a colour changing dress in the park(s).
Settling Soul mates? That is grim. And I've played Monopoly alone.
RyGuy
Special Edition

Post by RyGuy »

Atlantica wrote:Ooooo RyGuy wow ! Has it been amazing there ?
Yep. And pretty crowded too. Lol!

To be honest though, I hate what they've done with Sleeping Beauty's Castle. It looks tacky during the day, though it does look pretty sweet at night. Paint the Night is amazing. I've only seen it once but it was incredible.

I haven't seen Disneyland Forever yet (other than from my car) because my youngest is terrified of fireworks. My wife and I aim to have a date there soon sans kids so that we can see it. We'll probably wait until summer break dies down a bit which should be in a few weeks.

Since Disneyland is small and so many locals have an annual pass, it's hard to see many of these things unless you line up 3 hours in advance. And with three energetic kids, that gets pretty tricky.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I've read quite a few reviews that people don't care for the castle too much ... you'd have thought they'd have done some tests and things prior to make sure it would work ?

Paint The Night does indeed look AMAZING !!! Really well done. Glad you've got to go and loved it though :)
RyGuy
Special Edition

Post by RyGuy »

I use Instagram if anyone wants to follow (PM me for my user name). That's where I post my pics of Disneyland, including Paint the Night, plus some pics from the Walt Disney Family Museum, Walt's Barn, the Disney Garage Studio, etc.
Walter
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Walter »

Just watching the Paint the Night parade on YouTube, it looked awesome, and served as a somewhat good sequel to the Main Street Electrical Parade. I do find it odd that there were no floats or appearances of characters from Wreck-It-Ralph, though the song from that film, is used throughout the parade. The special effects are really nice.

Still, I hope this parade will stick around for years, as it may be a long time until I finally get around to going to Disneyland.
Angeldude98
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Angeldude98 »

Well, what's new is that it's been announced all over the place that Disneyland is closing several Frontierland attractions (some permanently) to pave the way for the new Star Wars Land that will be build right behind it. What's more, the construction will re-shape Disneyland forever as the Rivers of America will be shrunken in size (with the unused back part of Tom Sawyer island disappearing entirely), and the Disneyland Railroad will be re-routed. The closures include the Disneyland Railroad, the Mark Twain Riverboat, the Sailing Ship Columbia, Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes, and Fantasmic!. All will reopen with Fantasmic! being refreshed and updated (or so the reports say). Big Thunder Ranch along with its restaurant and petting zoo is going to Yesterland permanently, and there are conflicting reports about the Fantasyland Theatre closing too, leaving the way open for a Fantasyland expansion that apparently is desired and has been in the works, and will be next in line (anyone has any confirmation about this?).

While all this is certainly exciting, I can't help but wonder at the current Tomorrowland and what is being planned for that part of the park. The PeopleMover track has sat pretty much abandoned for 15 years since the ill-fated Rocket Rods closed in 2000, and takes up too much room. Over the years there have been rumors about the Peoplemover coming back, but nothing has been announced. I have read that that attraction in its original form could never come back due to safety and Cal-Osha restrictions, which would mandate that the tracks be heavily modified. Anyone know any information about what are Disney's plans for that unused track, whether it will be modified for a new PeopleMover or a new attraction or whether it will be finally removed?

Another thing that bugs a lot of Disneyland fans (me included) is that awful kinetic sculpture that sits on top of the unused PeopleMover loading station where the Rocket Jets used to be. That was added in 1998 as part of the awful "New Tomorrowland" that opened that year, and has really no purpose but to look pretty awful, while the nearly identical and more visually appealing replacement for the Rocket Jets (the Astro Orbitor ride) was placed at the entrance of Tomorrowland obscuring it and upstaging or at least competing with Sleeping Beauty Castle (to me and I think to many others, it looks out of place in that spot -- Your thoughts on this?). I would love for the Astro Orbitor to be relocated back on top of the PeopleMover station where it not only look awesome but the ride experience would be much better due to its increased height. Any info or opinions on this?

So to end this post, does anyone know and can share any information on what Disney is thinking about doing for Tomorrowland? Any insight would be much appreciated by most if not all of us Disneyland fans! :wink: :D
blackcauldron85

Interesting article:
Have Disneyland Tickets Outpaced Inflation? Yes, but...
http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik ... olumn.html
blackcauldron85

First look: Disneyland begins FastPass scan tests, reminiscent of MagicBand tech from Walt Disney World
http://www.insidethemagic.net/2015/10/d ... l-rollout/
blackcauldron85

http://www.laughingplace.com/w/articles ... nd-resort/
Over at Disney California Adventure the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror is offering Late Check-out. During the day the hotel hosts the Silver Lake Sisters, finally making their belated appearance not in the Tip Top Room, but in the lobby for all guests to enjoy. After twilight things take a darker turn—a chance to venture beyond the fifth dimension into complete darkness. For the first time, the attraction offers a free-fall experience in the elevator shafts with all the lights out. Late Check-out will continue through January 2nd.
blackcauldron85

FESTIVAL OF HOLIDAYS BRINGS DELIGHTFUL ENTERTAINMENT EXPERIENCES TO DISNEY CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE PARK BEGINNING NOVEMBER 10
https://www.mickeynews.com/disneylandre ... -434705569

COMPLETE GUIDE TO FESTIVE EATS AT NEW FESTIVAL OF HOLIDAYS IN DISNEY CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE PARK
https://www.mickeynews.com/disneylandre ... -434705569
blackcauldron85

Disneyland to Relocate Security Checkpoints
http://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/201 ... eckpoints/
blackcauldron85

http://www.laughingplace.com/w/featured ... live-blog/
At Disneyland attendence was down, but this was partially offset by higher ticket prices and lower costs. They say that lower attendence is due to the end of the Disneyland Diamond Celebration.
Disney thinks it will be smart to build more hotels at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World.
blackcauldron85

New World of Color show “Season of Light” debuts at Disney California Adventure
http://thedisneyblog.com/2016/11/12/new ... adventure/
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1tcyHuW_rs[/youtube]