Tokyo Disneyland

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Tokyo Disneyland

Post by Big Disney Fan »

I'm curious: I know I haven't been there before, but has anyone ever been to the Tokyo resort, like, ever?
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Tokyo Disneyland

Post by Escapay »

Big Disney Fan wrote:has anyone ever been to the Tokyo resort, like, ever?
Obviously people have been and are still going to the resort if it's still open! :roll:

Scaps
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Re: Tokyo Disneyland

Post by Big Disney Fan »

Escapay wrote:
Big Disney Fan wrote:has anyone ever been to the Tokyo resort, like, ever?
Obviously people have been and are still going to the resort if it's still open! :roll:

Scaps
No, seriously, has anyone here ON THIS FORUM ever been there before, like, ever?
Jack Skellington
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jack Skellington »

I haven't been there yet, I've been begging my parents to take me there for a few years, guess I'm gonna go there by myself if I had to ! But I'll have to wait till I'm 18, to gain my full independance from this stupid cell that was built for me since the day I was born ! :roll:
dizfan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by dizfan »

I've been three times. It is an unbelievable experience. The level of detail there is unmatched at any other Disney Resort.
Jack Skellington
Anniversary Edition

Cinderella Walk-through

Post by Jack Skellington »

"2011 - Cinderella Walk-Through - Confirmed - (5/8/09) OLC confirms today that they will build a new walk-through attraction inside Cinderella’s Castle that will tell the story through dioramas and paintings. In short, it sounds like they are getting a Cinderella themed version of the Sleeping Beauty walk-through attraction that was rebuilt and reopened at Disneyland in late 2008. The official name of the attraction has yet to be decided, but it will include a trip through the Grand Ballroom. The estimated cost of this attraction is 2 billion Yen." http://www.screamscape.com/html/tokyo_disney_.htm - follow the link to see the concept art.

It's nice to see that there's something good coming to replace the mystery tour.
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

Yeah. They also just announced that they are putting in Toy Story Midway Mania at Tokyo Disney Seas. And they are currently getting the old Mickey Mouse Review theater ready for the Japanese version of Mickey's Philharmagic.

I am DYEING to go to Tokyo Disneyland. As a HUGE fan of Disney Parks and a lover of Japanese culture, I've had my heart set on a trip sometime hopefully in the next 5 years. My fiance and I are hoping to go there on our honeymoon. Like Dizfan has stated, the level of detail at the Tokyo resort is much better than at the other parks. In addition, Japanese people are so in love with Western culture, and Disney in particular, that they embrace all of the characters, including some of the more obscure ones in the U.S. parks. For example, Marie from The Aristocats is a very common character to meet, Bernard and Bianca from The Rescuers are very popular, and Dondald's nephews and Clarice the chipmunk are regularly available for pictures and autographs.

Parades and shows are a much bigger spectacle there as well. If you just do a search for "Tokyo Disneyland parade" on YouTube, you will see what I mean. Not only do they do them on a much grander scale than the other parks, but many more people wait to see them. I've heard they sometimes lineup 3 hours before the parade even starts just to see it.

While much of Tokyo Disneyland was modeled after the Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World, enough of it appears to be different, based on my research of the park. I really want to see the unchanged version of Tomorrowland, which will take me back to my childhood visits to Disney World when Tomorrowland was all white. But I think the biggest thing that makes me want to go to Tokyo Disneyland is Tokyo Disney Seas. The whole park is supposed to be absolutely breathtaking and most of the attractions are exclusive to that park. I love Disney World and I love Disneyland and I have a feeling that I am going to love Tokyo Disneyland as well when I inevitably visit.

Some friends of mine who have been gave me a few warnings about it. I hear that the lines are insane. At the U.S. parks, a ride like Space Mountain typically has about a 45 minute to an hour wait. I've heard at Tokyo Disneyland, the average wait time is 2 hours. And some rides, like the very unique Pooh's Hunnypot Hunt, supposedly has an average wait time of 3 hours. That's why even though there are only two parks, I plan to make it a 5 day trip.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Tokyo Disneyland Monsters, Inc. Ride & Go Seek! Re-Opens with New Enhancements on May 1, 2010
http://www.laughingplace.com/News-ID10036910.asp

Tokyo Disneyland Mickey's Philharmagic Updated Announcement
http://www.laughingplace.com/News-ID10036890.asp
dizfan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by dizfan »

goofystitch wrote:
While much of Tokyo Disneyland was modeled after the Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World, enough of it appears to be different, based on my research of the park.
The park is really a hybrid of both Disneyland and Magic Kingdom. MK's Castle, but with Disneyland's Snow White Grotto and Plaza Pavilion next to it. WDW's Haunted Mansion, DL's Toon Town and New Orleans Square (in Adventureland). More of an MK style Thunder Mountain, but with Disneyland's Primeval World display right behind/inside it. Disneyland's it's a small world facade but with indoor loading like MK, etc, etc.

It's really a familiar, yet at the same time a total different experience.

Tokyo DisneySea is the ultimate Disney theme park, Imagineering's greatest achievement since Disneyland. I really can not say enough about that park. The only way to make it better is staying at the Tokyo DisneySea Hotel MiraCosta (my favorite Disney hotel on earth), with a view of the park. :shock:
WDWLocal
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WDWLocal »

I've been to Tokyo Disney as well.
blackcauldron85

Bye-Bye BraviSEAmo! - Hello Fantasmic!
http://artoftellingtales.blogspot.com/2 ... asmic.html
(via laughingplace.com)
blackcauldron85

First artwork from Fantasmic!

A Fantasmic First...
http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/2010/ ... first.html
blackcauldron85

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/ ... -home.aspx
Like how come no one’s put together yet that the “Dreams Come True with Cinderella” attraction that will be presented inside of the Tremaine Chateau in WDW’s Fantasyland Forest every 15 minutes is the exact same show that Tokyo Disneyland Guests will soon get to experience once this “Cinderella Castle Mystery Tour” replacement is installed at that theme park.

Which isn’t to say that the effects that will be presented as part of “Dreams Come True with Cinderella” show aren’t going to be absolutely spectacular. I was just talking with someone who’d seen the test footage for this attraction’s transformation sequence. Where Guests will get to see a live Cast Member – right before their eyes – transform from being this girl who’s dressed in rags to becoming a beautiful princess who’s ready to head out to the ball.

“I’m not going to tell you how this effect is actually achieved,” my source explained. “What I can tell you is that it’s not a Pepper’s Ghost effect or done with mirrors. The girl twirls around three times. And when she’s done, her hair & make-up are perfect. She’s even wearing the gown from the movie. What’s more – as soon as her transformation is complete – Cinderella then walks straight over to her Guests and then welcomes them to her meet-and-greet. People’s jaws are just going to drop open when they experience this portion of that Fantasyland Forest attraction.”
blackcauldron85

Jasmine Flying Carpets coming to Tokyo DisneySea
http://www.laughingplace.com/Latest.asp?I1=ID&I2=73822
Brina78

Post by Brina78 »

goofystitch wrote:In addition, Japanese people are so in love with Western culture, and Disney in particular, that they embrace all of the characters, including some of the more obscure ones in the U.S. parks. For example, Marie from The Aristocats is a very common character to meet, Bernard and Bianca from The Rescuers are very popular, and Dondald's nephews and Clarice the chipmunk are regularly available for pictures and autographs.
I have seen photos of so many rare meet and greet characters in the Tokyo park such as the ones you mentioned, it's really not fair that the original DL park doesn't have them. The original has your standard characters all the time. Though, once we bumped into Pocahontas in DCA near the Monsters Inc. ride. We had to get a photo with her!
blackcauldron85

Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea Parks Attendance Figures for Fiscal Year 2009
http://www.laughingplace.com/News-ID10038020.asp
blackcauldron85

TOKYO DISNEYSEA ANNOUNCES TENTH ANNIVERSARY WILL ‘BE MAGICAL!’
http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-new ... e-magical/
(via disneyreport.com)
blackcauldron85

Mickey's Philharmagic to Open at Tokyo Disneyland, January 2011
http://www.laughingplace.com/Latest.asp?I1=ID&I2=74489
blackcauldron85

Disney's Stitch and Angel Get Golden Treatment
http://www.laughingplace.com/Latest-ID-74882.asp

So only one was made, or did I read that wrong? And who would buy that? It's so friggin expensive! And maybe Angel is popular in Tokyo, I don't know, but calling her a popular character is curious to me...
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

blackcauldron85 wrote:Mickey's Philharmagic to Open at Tokyo Disneyland, January 2011
http://www.laughingplace.com/Latest.asp?I1=ID&I2=74489
Now all that's left to do is to add this show to Disneyland and Disneyland Paris, huh?