Disneyland Resort Paris updates!

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

There only seems to have been Pixar expansions at DisneyLand for a while now ..... does anyone know of any plans for Disney-themed expansions/changes ? I have tried googling, but no such luck!
Goofy101

Post by Goofy101 »

Well I am going back again as I already been this year, back in May. I've just been reading that their is going to be a Ratatouille dark ride. Has anyone else heard this?
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Indeed we all have.

Feels like they should rename the studios (or even DisneyLand?!) Disney-Pixar Land :(

The balance is just all off in Paris right now.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Seems like we are now getting the new Princess looks as well...

http://radiodisneyclub.fr/kat-de-blois- ... aris-2013/
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Sorry to post again; this is a very interesting article on the most downbeat of all the Disney parks, the Studios in Paris ....

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201207/3137/

I hate to say it, but I do agree on most points. Especially 'Jasmine's Flying Carpets'.

And there are rumors of a Marvel theme coming to the Studios too ..
Linden
Special Edition

Post by Linden »

I didn't even know Walt Disney Studios Paris existed until I read that article! :oops: I thought it was really interesting. Studios Paris does look less quality than every other Disney park I've been to (just the USA ones). But, oh my gosh, that picture of Jasmine's Carpets! :o It's breathtaking! There's so much detail and theming for just a little Dumbo style ride. That's how it should be.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Linden wrote:I didn't even know Walt Disney Studios Paris existed until I read that article! :oops: I thought it was really interesting. Studios Paris does look less quality than every other Disney park I've been to (just the USA ones). But, oh my gosh, that picture of Jasmine's Carpets! :o It's breathtaking! There's so much detail and theming for just a little Dumbo style ride. That's how it should be.
Whaaaaaa? You didn't know we had a studios ? Though I don't blame you for not knowing, giving the world-wide poor write up it received. Disneyland is pretty darn wonderful though :)
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Disneyland Paris is exquisite. The Studios Park is really, really lame though.

But with the Ratatouille dark ride and further expansions, I'm hoping it will eventually become something a bit more special.

I HATE having to run at 9 am for the Crush coaster to avoid having to wait in line for 2 hours. It's preposterous.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I don't know why, out of all the Pixar films, they use Ratatouille for a dark ride. Nemo makes sense, but I can't see the logic here at all....
Linden
Special Edition

Post by Linden »

atlanticaunderthesea wrote:
Linden wrote:I didn't even know Walt Disney Studios Paris existed until I read that article! :oops: I thought it was really interesting. Studios Paris does look less quality than every other Disney park I've been to (just the USA ones). But, oh my gosh, that picture of Jasmine's Carpets! :o It's breathtaking! There's so much detail and theming for just a little Dumbo style ride. That's how it should be.
Whaaaaaa? You didn't know we had a studios ? Though I don't blame you for not knowing, giving the world-wide poor write up it received. Disneyland is pretty darn wonderful though :)
:oops: I know! I'm ashamed! :P I don't actually know too much about international Disney parks. I'd love to visit them all someday, though.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Re: Disneyland Resort Paris updates!

Post by Mooky »

So I'm going to Paris next week and one of the stops there will be Disneyland Resort Paris, Disneyland Park to be exact. Trouble is, I'll have only one day available (yeah... :|), so for people that have been there: is there something I should definitely not miss, what are the must-see and must-try places/things, etc.

Thanks in advance! :)
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

Mooky wrote:So I'm going to Paris next week and one of the stops there will be Disneyland Resort Paris, Disneyland Park to be exact. Trouble is, I'll have only one day available (yeah... :|), so for people that have been there: is there something I should definitely not miss, what are the must-see and must-try places/things, etc.

Awesome you're going! Too bad though it's only for a day...but still fun! :)

I've been there 10 times this last year.

If you can visit both parks, try to go to the Studios in the morning for Crush'n'Coaster...

If you're staying in the main park, one day should be fine on a quiet day.

Every section has some major rides that are worth your time

Start at Frontierland: Haunted Mansion and Big Thunder Mountain (FastPass)
go to Adventureland: Indiana Jones (FastPass) and Pirates Of The Caribbean
Try to have lunch at Agrabah Cafe...it's a nice setting....or enter Fantasyland
Fantasyland: Peter Pan ride (FastPass),Small World...
The magical land boat ride and Casey Jr train ride....have a small meal at Bella Notte restaurant
Snow White and Pinocchio rides are next to each other
Take a walk through the castle and don't forget to visit the dungeon!

And finally...Discoveryland: Buzz Lightyear ride (FastPass) and Space Mountain (FastPass)
Also fun, step aboard the train in Discoverland for a ride around the entire park in about 15 minutes...
Get off at Main Street...browse the shops...have a drink/snack....and you're done! ;)
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Khonnor wrote:
Mooky wrote:So I'm going to Paris next week and one of the stops there will be Disneyland Resort Paris, Disneyland Park to be exact. Trouble is, I'll have only one day available (yeah... :|), so for people that have been there: is there something I should definitely not miss, what are the must-see and must-try places/things, etc.

Awesome you're going! Too bad though it's only for a day...but still fun! :)

I've been there 10 times this last year.

If you can visit both parks, try to go to the Studios in the morning for Crush'n'Coaster...

If you're staying in the main park, one day should be fine on a quiet day.

Every section has some major rides that are worth your time

Start at Frontierland: Haunted Mansion and Big Thunder Mountain (FastPass)
go to Adventureland: Indiana Jones (FastPass) and Pirates Of The Caribbean
Try to have lunch at Agrabah Cafe...it's a nice setting....or enter Fantasyland
Fantasyland: Peter Pan ride (FastPass),Small World...
The magical land boat ride and Casey Jr train ride....have a small meal at Bella Notte restaurant
Snow White and Pinocchio rides are next to each other
Take a walk through the castle and don't forget to visit the dungeon!

And finally...Discoveryland: Buzz Lightyear ride (FastPass) and Space Mountain (FastPass)
Also fun, step aboard the train in Discoverland for a ride around the entire park in about 15 minutes...
Get off at Main Street...browse the shops...have a drink/snack....and you're done! ;)
Thank you so much for the suggestion! :) That sounds like a wonderful plan, I'll try to follow it to a T!
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

I was able to do a good portion of Disneyland Paris in a day, and that was even on a day when the parks closed at 6pm. (I also walk very fast, was entirely alone, and barely stopped to eat, so there's also that...) My advice is to spend most of your time at Magic Kingdom. I slipped away to the Disney Studios for a couple hours in the afternoon, and there honestly isn't much to do there. (Of course I DID miss Crush's Coaster because the line was so long). Check out the Toy Story area, catch a show of Animagique, and get back to the real park! Of course, if the parks are open later while you're there, you might be able to take more time to relax.

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! And have a wonderful time in Paris. It is my most favorite place ever!
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Thanks! Yours and Khonnor's post give me much needed reassurance that it's possible to see the best of park(s) on a tight schedule. Sadly, I don't think visiting Disney Studios will be much of an option precisely because of that -- but maybe next time.

And thanks for the kind wishes! I'll make sure I cover the best in and around Paris!
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

I'm back from my trip! I had the most magical time - Disneyland exceeded all my expectations but there were some disappointments along the way (mainly the high prices of... um... everything), but nothing to ruin my general impressions. It was amazing!

Khonnor, thanks for being my online tour guide! I tried to stick to your instructions as closely as possible - unfortunately, schedule turned out to be more hectic than I anticipated and the queues were looooong (May 1st holiday week), so I had to say goodbye to some of the rides before even approaching them. Attractions visited:

Frontierland - Phantom Manor and a peek at Pocahontas' Indian Village (in hope of seeing Pocahontas; sadly, there was only a bunch of toddlers and their parents)

Adventureland - Indiana Jones ride and Aladdin's Enchanted Passage

Fantasyland - Sleeping Beauty's castle/gallery (no dungeon, though :/), Mad Hatter's Tea Cups, It's a Small World, Storybook Land, and Alice's Curious Labyrinth

Discoveryland - Space Mountain and then I boarded the train there. Sadly, the train turned out to be the biggest disappointment as the waiting time was about 45 mins and the ride itself was very slow and uneventful, and I almost missed the Disney Dreams parade because of it. I also wanted to try Autopia but it was closed for renovation or something.

I also had pizza at the "Bella Notte" restaurant.

There also weren't many characters around - only Stitch, Frollo (nobody wanted to take pictures with the poor guy), Pinocchio, and Geppetto.

All in all, it was a perfectly wonderful Saturday. It sucks I couldn't see more of the rides, but hey, that's what next time is for ;).

So once again, thank you so much! You've been of immense help!

Pic of me at Alice's Curious Labyrinth is here.

And last but not least, the souvenirs :):
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Looks like you had a great time Mooky. I'm going later this month and will be comparing notes for sure. :wink:
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

That's awesome - I'm already jealous of you :D. I hope you have a terrific time there and I expect to see the full report here once you get back!
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

Forget DLP -- I'm getting jealous of all these people who are spending time in PARIS! :-)
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

"Paris is always a good idea." I so want to go back... Image