Disneyland Resort Paris updates!

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Re: Disneyland Resort Paris updates!

Post by MeerkatKombat »

Disney and More has pictures of the Christmas Light Show.
http://disneyandmore.blogspot.co.uk/201 ... re-at.html
Looks like a lot of effort has gone into this and it does look really good!
Settling Soul mates? That is grim. And I've played Monopoly alone.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Phantom Manor Updates:

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.be/2014/1 ... ently.html

If this is all true, I'm thrilled that Melanie will have much more of a starring role, and the cursed family will be more prominent in Thunder Mesa. I hope her animatronics will be wonderful as well !
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

Atlantica wrote:Phantom Manor Updates:

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.be/2014/1 ... ently.html

If this is all true, I'm thrilled that Melanie will have much more of a starring role, and the cursed family will be more prominent in Thunder Mesa. I hope her animatronics will be wonderful as well !

i'm glad they have moved away from a total re-theming of phantom manor to make it more like our US counterparts.
Can't wait.
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

Guess I won't be going Disneyland Paris for a few years. This gives me mixed feelings as whilst I'm pleased beyond words that they are improving the park, it sucks its going to happening over such a long time.

Also really wanted to go for my 10 year anniversary next year but not to be.
Here is the lowdown of long term closures:

Space Mountain - Expected to end July 2015
Small World - July 2015 to Dec 2015
The Family Robinson treehouse and Adventure Isle - August 2015 to April 2016
Disneyland Railroad - August 2015 to February 2016, with Main Street Station closed until August 2016.
Big Thunder Mountain - November 2015 to December 2016
Peter Pan - Jan 2016 to May 2016
Star Tours - March 2016 to March 2017
Space Mountain (again!) - Jan. 2017 to Feb. 2017
Pirates of the Caribbean - Jan. 2017 to June 2017

I'm devastated at Star Tours and Big Thunder Mountain being closed for a whole year. I guess I'm going Florence for my anniversary.
Here for more Disneyland Paris updates:
http://www.screamscape.com/html/disneyl ... tm#General
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Thank you for informing of the dates. Also that website is really handy, thank you for linking it as well. Looks like there will be a heck of a lot of closures coming up … but, as you said, its all for the betterment of the parks so I'm all for it ! Am I right in thinking they're getting ready for the 25th Anniversary ?

I do firmly believe that Disneyland Paris needs to fix / repair / improve on whats already in the park before building a new ride (I personally don't think they should have built a certain dark ride themed to a rat when they did …. :roll: ), but after the works have all been completed then a new ride is a must for the Disneyland park itself. I can't even remember when Disneyland had a new ride added ? It's now long overdue; something like any of the new rides that have appeared in the US parks would be very welcome. A Mermaid ride finally in place where is should have been perhaps ? Costs would be down as the ride and model have already been established etc. Or, certainly have an original ride to Paris which could be enticing for US visitors to come over ?

I'd also love for the Peter Pan ride to get some real love and updating. Obviously it can't be anything like the scale of the recent US makeover of the ride (as the queue is all outside and there isn't any space (?) but certainly the internals could have a spruce up. Same for Snow as well.

One does have to wonder if our Pirates ride will finally get the Captain Jack makeover now after all these years for the 5th film ? It would make sense, but its also kind of fab that we are the only ones left with the original version.
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

I would hope with a closure of five months that Peter Pan will get some good updates.
???? - Peter Pan’s Flight Upgrade - Rumor - (11/24/14) I’m told that the same rumored refurbishment planned for the Disneyland version of the attraction may also be planned for the Paris version as well in the future. This is more of a long term plan, as the ride’s track itself is said to be in need of replacement in the next few years anyway, so they could opt to do it all at the same time during a single prolonged refurbishment project.

I think that Sparrow is indeed coming because Pirates 5 is due out. Not that I'm personally keen on this news. I like the original version.
2016/2017 – Pirates of the Caribbean Upgrade - Rumor - (11/24/14) The long rumored upgrade of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride to feature some characters from the film series, like Capt. Jack Sparrow, is still said to be in the works. With the 5th film in the series (Dead Men Tell No Tales) slated for release in 2017, this project seems even more likely to be timed out to match up with that film’s release. However the Pirates makeover may extend beyond the ride itself and see additional Pirates themeing added to Adventureland itself, possibly brining the Legend of the Seven Seas interactive game elements added to Walt Disney World not long ago to the Paris park.

I am most excited about Star Tours 2. I love Star tours and I will be sad to see it go however, I love the idea of Star Tours 2.

I'm also really hoping for Little Mermaid. I'm so jealous watching the ride through on Youtube. It is one the one ride I really want to see come to Paris and they should have picked this over ratatouille.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Haha yes, the jealousy is very real for me as well with regards to Ariel's Undersea Adventure too !

Good news though for DLRP - takings are up as hoped !

http://corporate.disneylandparis.com/CO ... venues.pdf
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

Not really Disneyland Paris news but, I finally bought Disneyland Paris: From sketch to reality from disneyandmore. Valentines day special price and I couldn't resist as an early birthday present to myself. Turned up today and a seriously beautiful book. The pictures are making me want to go back to Disneyland. :cry:
The second hand prices for this book are insane so I am pleased I managed to get it, especially with the news that disneyandmore is retiring so I guess I panicked about the book going OOP.

Thankfully half term is upon me so I'm going to read it this week along with all the other bloody Disney books and DVDs I've neglected since Christmas.
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

This hasn't been posted but refurbs of Discovery Land are well underway. looks like most of it is closed off. Looks like Videopolis is closed (great place to escape the rain, sit down and grab something to eat) and Space Mountain is closed until July.

Discovery and has been looking tired for a while to hopefully it will breathe some new life in it but we are still expecting refurbs until early 2017 at least.

http://themeparkinvestigator.com/news-d ... and-paris/
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I'm trying to plan / save / sort a trip for the 25th Anniversary celebrations, but I've got myself a bit confused. Is the 25th going to start next year, or is it April the year after ?
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

The 25th Anniversary will start in April 2017, with most of the major refurbs done by the summer of that year.

It wouldn't surprise me if, like the 20th, it runs until September 30, 2016.

If anyone is interested in what is closing when this chart is a handy tool to help you remember when the most major refurbs are going on. Minor rides like the Carousel won't be listed, but the E-Tickets will. As with everything, this list is subject to change:

http://holidays.disneylandparis.co.uk//eep.html
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Perfect, thank you. Even longer to save then !! Will hopefully be able to treat myself to Newport Bay hotel 8)
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

All theses amazing D23 park announcements ..... And we get the 25th logo revealed !! :lol:

And just spoke of a ride that had already been built and the Traing Acadamy. :roll:
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Guys, do you know when they will launch tickets for when the 25th Anniversary starts or even release dates ? I'd like to book as early as I can (on credit card if need be) so I have it all locked down, and something to look forward to. I've been to the 15th and 20th Anniversary celebrations, but went when it was all very established. In fact, I think I only got to see the 15th because they extended the dates !

If anyone has any clue, would be very appreciative of some info :)
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Just officially booked for Christmas 2015

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mickana: :dance: :float: :santa:

To say I'm excited is a slight understatement ! I've been really down recently, and a girlfriend said what about a trip to Disney ? I really can't afford it, but its just one of those moments that makes you think 'you know what ?? Why not !' Staying at the Newport Bay Club in December, for 3 nights, 4 days. I've been once for Christmas when I was about 15 for a few days, but that was 10 years ago now. I am so READY for this !
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Atlantica wrote:Just officially booked for Christmas 2015
How exciting! I went last year and enjoyed all the Christmas decorations and entertainment. Some things will be closed when you go, but you'll be staying in the newly renovated rooms at Newport and should still have lots of fun!
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Thank you very much Flanger-Hanger! I'm just so excited, it doesnt even seem real ... !! Do you have any recommendations of anything to do in particular in the Christmas season ?
We've got Half Board Plus, so will be having a look at what restaurants to book in. I'm desperate to go to Blue Lagoon as I've never been before. Thankfully that have a HB+ menu so will be booking that in asap :)
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

I really enjoyed the tree lighting ceremony. It was beautiful, and more elaborate than I thought it would be. The parade and Christmas version of Dreams are also fun. All the restaurants are decorated for Christmas too so you'll be able to see that with HB+. I liked getting my picture with Jack Skellington in his "Sandy Claws" outfit, but I don't know how much you're into Nightmare Before Christmas.

It will also periodically "snow" on Main Street, in sych with music, which is a nice little touch.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Oh my gosh, are Jack and Sally out for Christmas as well as Halloween ? I didnt know we did that over here ! I wonder if we would ever get the Phantom Manor / Nightmare Before Christmas overlay some day .. maybe for the upcoming anniversary ?

Has anyone ever flown into Orly, and gone on to Disney from there ? Been doing some checking up and it looks like the 'Magical Bus' is a good way to transfer; 25 euro there and back each. Unless there is a better / cheaper way ? Suppose metro is an option, thats about 80 minutes or so.