Disneyland Resort Paris updates!

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Re: Disneyland Resort Paris updates!

Post by Atlantica »

I'm not sure how much I believe it....interesting read though.

Hate the fact it's all the studios and nothing for DisneyLand itself; it would be nice for it to get something other than a refurb.

Like the idea of Rockin Rollarcoaster / Armegeddon being re themed, that could really work.
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

Source:http://www.independentguidebooks.com/bl ... -from-2014
Start of 2015: Space Mountain will be closed for approximately 6 months to get new trains, as well as new show elements and effects. The storyline could return to "De La Terre a la Lune" / "From the Earth to the moon" as it was pre-2005.
!!!!!! :D This made me giddy. I'd love the return of Mission 1.
Remember this? It was a trailer on the Pocahontas VHS and it always got me excited for DLP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlKKTSVETt0&feature=kp

Super excited about Star Tours 2. I love the first ride but it is getting to the stage where I know it a little too well. I still really like the (dated) introduction they play before you get to take your seats.

Armageddon needs to go and has for a long time. There has been talks about scrapping this for ages and I hope it actually happens.

Same thing is being reported on Disney and More. Pretty much word for word. http://disneyandmore.blogspot.co.uk/201 ... plans.html
Settling Soul mates? That is grim. And I've played Monopoly alone.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Atlantica wrote:Hate the fact it's all the studios and nothing for DisneyLand itself; it would be nice for it to get something other than a refurb.
The article mentioned plans for Soarin' Over the World and Star Wars Land (sub section of Discoveryland) for Disneyland Park.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Star Wars land … please please please please don't let that happen. Not needed in Disneyland, in the Studios maybe, but Disney Parc itself? Nooooo !

What's Soarin again? Hasnt it had a 'Planes' overhaul in the US parks?

I would like a new development for Fantasyland like the US park - not as massive, but add something a little different to it.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Atlantica wrote:What's Soarin again? Hasnt it had a 'Planes' overhaul in the US parks?
Soarin' didn't get a Planes overhaul, it's this ride:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attra ... ot/soarin/

Although the Paris version would be the one involving various international locations that is in production now, and not just California.
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

Ever since the Little Mermaid Platinum DVD and the virtual ride feature, I've been pining for it.
I need this in my Disney Park.

Atlantica I agree, We need a Fantasyland expansion. But don't take away Snow White.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Has anyone else been hearing the 2017 - based refurb rumours of Phantom Manor …. ??

Apparently its going to be completely overhauled, akin to the American parks ?!?!

If this is true, I'll be so gutted. I'm all for updating the animatronics and the ride effects, but not replacing the whole story; its what the whole of Frontierland is based on ! Would be wonderful to have a new set of Melanie figures as she is looking a bit fatigued now (I think thats why they've covered her face with a veil) but not for changing the whole ride.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Halloween plans ! Looks exciting ! I'd so love to go on Halloween, I've yet to experience that in a Disney park.

http://www.dlptoday.com/2014/08/21/hall ... tival-yet/
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

http://dedicatedtodlp.com/2014/08/28/di ... promenade/

Now, I really don't know what I think of this; the Princesses are being removed from the Princess Pavilion from November this year, and Anna & Elsa will exclusively take their place. The Princesses will then 'Promenade' around the castle courtyard area instead at various intervals. Now, two things I think from that:

* It will be absolutely MANIC if the Princesses really do just wonder around in the castle courtyard for random meet and greets. Unless there is something properly set up, which I can't imagine there is any space to do ? Why not utilise the castle stage, and put the Princess meet and greets back there where they were before the Pavilion ? Make use of a complete and total dead space.

* It's just wrong to make it exclusively Anna & Elsa; by all means, have a Frozen meet and greet ! It would be silly not to ! But not at the expense of something else, and ALL the Princesses being removed. This is what Paris seemingly does the best; never incorporates or creates, just chucks one for the other. There are a tonne of other points Frozen could go, no question. The Princesses, in my opinion, do not need to be removed from their home. No way.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Merida is now coming to Paris ! Finally ! I wonder what too so long ?http://dedicatedtodlp.com/2014/08/29/di ... ys-corner/
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

Princesses randomly wondering around the castle courtyard is going to be absolute chaos and possibly dangerous unless actual thought goes into it.

I pray to whatever Disney God is listening - don't make Phantom Manor more like the US parks. There are many things I'd like and love from the US parks but I'm keeping my phantom manor.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

MeerkatKombat wrote:I pray to whatever Disney God is listening - don't make Phantom Manor more like the US parks. There are many things I'd like and love from the US parks but I'm keeping my phantom manor.
I second you completely. What I would LOVE to see are the Melanie figures throughout the ride completely redone to be on the same caliber as the Captain Jack figurines in the US parks. That would be absolute perfection.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

If the closure rumours for Phantom Manor are completely true, and it will be retooled or 'refurbished' I hope its just to enhance what is already there, and not make it into a carbon copy of the American version.

This is of much interest, as the Alice ride has had a long closure, to come back much improved with new effects and figures. This is what I feel Phantom could have, easily, and it wont interrupt anything about the beauty of the ride itself.

Here is a before / after shot to see what small changes can make such a huge difference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZOOAN0GolQ
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

I hope that the Phantom Manor stays the way it is as well. It looks like a great compliment, rather than a duplicate, of the Mansion, and gives me incentive to hope to go to DLP.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Exactly ! A compliment rather than a duplicate; the perfect way to explain things.

I just hope it gets updated and thats it. having a wonderful Melanie figures throughout the ride would be just brilliant. She's the focal point of the ride, so I think she deserves to be upgraded, which I don't think takes anything away from the ride at all.

I mean, she even has her face covered now when greeting guests ! Honestly, they could do so much to improve her.
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

Argh we don't have the Alice in Wonderland ride either. The improvements are really well done so good job Disney. They have actually given Alice a presence that wasn't there before.
There is so many rides I'd love to see come to Paris.

I'm still praying for Phantom Manor. To lose it as it is would be a huge shame. It is a unique attraction and I wish DLP would realise that this doesn't equal a bad thing.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Keep everything crossed for an Alice style make-over is all I'm doing ….
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

The Walt Disney Company have taken on all of Disneyland Resort Paris' debt ….

http://www.dlptoday.com/2014/10/06/euro ... nd-invest/
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

I really think they missed the boat with Merida.
Winnie the Pooh is a classic character and I do wonder how popular Merida will be.
Its the same with Anna and Elsa - what took so long? That's a whole year that has been missed.
May be a good time to return as I imagine the queues to meet Anna and Elsa may mean the ride queues are less........ :lol:
Atlantica wrote:The Walt Disney Company have taken on all of Disneyland Resort Paris' debt ….

http://www.dlptoday.com/2014/10/06/euro ... nd-invest/
I hope this is the correct step for Disneyland Paris to start showing some progress and getting on track. The debt problem has been around for too long and the park needs some love which can't happen until the debt is cleared. Suppose I'll be hopeful with the news.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I still think it was such a strange move to create a Ratatouille ride. Yeah, the France connection is there, but really ? That movie above all others ?

Mermaid needs to make an appearance, no question. With this new money, I have everything crossed that the ride will now finally be developed for where it should have been in the first place. The costing would be down wouldn't it as the ride is already created ? So animatronic moulds and things are ready to go. I'm under no illusion that I'm an expert on these things :lol: I'm just trying to think logically.