New Years EVE at DISNEY WORLD???

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
lizard6king6

New Years EVE at DISNEY WORLD???

Post by lizard6king6 »

Hi everyone, new here. I was just curious if anyone knew of nay special bands or events that are happening on new years ever anywhere at Disney World? I went in 2000 and saw Cheap Trick perform on New Years Eve, but I havent heard anyhting about this year. Any help would be appreciated or if anyone knows any exciting events happening the 27th-2nd of this month. Thanks in advance
Chris
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Post by Loomis »

There a few things happening this year at WDW, including a few bands:

Pleasure Island New Year's Eve. Dec. 31. Kickoff the New Year with an electrifying celebration at the ultimate nightlife destination! It's time to party hearty and there's no place like Pleasure Island on New Year's Eve from 8:00 p.m. - 2:00 a.m.! Join the countdown to 2006, as Smash Mouth, S.O.S. Band, Paul Jackson Jr., and other sensational musical groups turn Pleasure Island into a giant kinetic street party. Enjoy a champagne toast and a spectacular midnight fireworks display. A variety of dynamic nightclubs, live music acts and exciting entertainment will have you dancing 'til next year! (Link)

New Year's Eve at Cirque du Soleil. Dec. 31.: Ring in the new year with the dazzling acrobatic artistry and feats of physical daring of La Nouba™ by Cirque du Soleil®. This New Year's Eve celebration features a Champagne Toast, souvenir program – with limited edition autographed insert – and a fantastic finale created just for this special evening! (Link)

Atlantic Dance Hall New Year's Eve. Dec. 31. : Pop the cork on a memorable New Year's Eve dance party. The champagne is chilled, the snacks are scrumptious and the dancing is divine. With a rockin' band like The Big Ide playing your favorite tunes from the '80s, '90s and now — and the grand champagne toast at midnight — counting down the New Year in the casual elegance of Atlantic Dance Hall is sure to be the highlight of this or any year. (Link)

For more special events, go here
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter
lizard6king6

Post by lizard6king6 »

Thanks for the info. I dont know how I missed it on the site :) I was hoping for a few more and better bands but owell, at least Ill be with my family and have a good time. Thanks for the info and if anyone hears anything else let me know :)
kbehm29
Anniversary Edition

Post by kbehm29 »

Sorry for bumping up an old thread, but I did a search and the topic was right!
So, my oldest son and I are heading to Florida for a friend's after-Christmas wedding. On the way back, we decided to go to the Magic Kingdom for NYE. I know it's going to be busier than I've ever seen it before. We will be waiting in line at park open time. I've read that if we leave the park there is a good chance we won't get back in.
Any tips for us for that day? FYI - my son is 17. Also, we are staying off-site so we will need to park in the parking lot. Finally, with the way our travel schedule falls, the 31st is the ONLY day we have free to go to Disney so we just plan on making the best of it.
Disneyland Trips: 1983, 1992, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, Aug 2018
Walt Disney World Trips: 1999, 2007, 2011, 2014, 2016, ~Dec 2018~, ~Apr 2019~
Favorite Disney Movies: Peter Pan, 101 Dalmatians, Tangled, The Princess and the Frog, Enchanted, FROZEN
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

kbehm29 wrote:Sorry for bumping up an old thread, but I did a search and the topic was right!
So, my oldest son and I are heading to Florida for a friend's after-Christmas wedding. On the way back, we decided to go to the Magic Kingdom for NYE. I know it's going to be busier than I've ever seen it before. We will be waiting in line at park open time. I've read that if we leave the park there is a good chance we won't get back in.
Any tips for us for that day? FYI - my son is 17. Also, we are staying off-site so we will need to park in the parking lot. Finally, with the way our travel schedule falls, the 31st is the ONLY day we have free to go to Disney so we just plan on making the best of it.
All I know is once you get inside STAY. They WILL reach capacity pretty early and won't reopen any gates until it starts to clear out after Midnight (which MAY or may not be only for Resort guests anyway). It will be the craziest you have ever seen it and will not be for claustrophobic but if you wait until after midnight the rides will be dead. I was there this past New Year's but did not stay the whole day because we had the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show to go see and then we watched the fireworks from the Polynesian's Beach (I'm told this may be the best view on property). We took the monorail to go to the park (or to take the boat back to our hotel if it was too busy) and lost each other in seconds as all the other guests were crammed in and everybody wanted to move. I finally got through to my family's cell and they said they were on the boat going back to the hotel but to have fun if I could. ONE turnstile opened and I was able to get back inside for another hour or two and ride just about everything with NO line. Sorry I could not be more of a help.

-Skyler
kbehm29
Anniversary Edition

Post by kbehm29 »

Thanks for the tip about staying after midnight. I hadn't thought of that - being that my son is 17 that should be no problem for us. We'll still get there early (our trips to Disney are getting few and far between) and stay until close. A bottle of ibuprofen and a whole lot of diet Coke will be my friend that day.
Disneyland Trips: 1983, 1992, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, Aug 2018
Walt Disney World Trips: 1999, 2007, 2011, 2014, 2016, ~Dec 2018~, ~Apr 2019~
Favorite Disney Movies: Peter Pan, 101 Dalmatians, Tangled, The Princess and the Frog, Enchanted, FROZEN