Favorite Belle Dresses?

Polls and games that do not call for discussion.

Favorite dresses of Belle's?

Blue Dress
25%
Pink Dress w/ Snow Coat
25%
Pink Dress w/out Coat
No votes
Green Dress
8%
Gold Ballroom Dress
33%
Red 'Enchanted Christmas' Dress
8%
‘Disney Princess’ Makeover Dress
No votes

Total votes: 12

Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Favorite Belle Dresses?

Post by Disney's Divinity »

What the title says. :wink:
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Re: Favorite Belle Dresses?

Post by UmbrellaFish »

There isn’t a dud among Belle’s movie wardrobe. Every single one of them is lovely to look at.

1. Yellow ballgown- I don’t think I’ve ever seen a real life take on this gown which truly did it justice— many of them are flat out ugly. The yellow gown first worn by Susan Egan in the Broadway production is probably my favorite attempt to capture the beauty of the 1991 design. But in 1991 the ballgown is a such a stunner. I especially love the way the dress moves. Beautiful and iconic. Like Cinderella’s gown, its incomparable and otherwise unattainable beauty (at least in the real world) reminds you of the magic of animation itself.

2. Pink dress, with cloak- I love this dress. Especially with the fur trimmed coat. I usually don’t like the color pink very much, but here it suits Belle perfectly.

3. Pink dress- Still a beautiful gown.

4. Blue dress- simple, provincial, and beautiful. This is a dress which actually responds very well to cosplay and reimaginings— Emma Watson’s version was particularly pretty. I like this dress a lot.

5. Christmas dress- It is a simple dress but I love red and gold together. Also, it is my favorite costume that Belle greets guests in at the parks. So much nicer than the yellow ballgown in that context.

6. Green dress- It’s very pretty and a lovely shade of green. I’m not crazy about the sleeves.

7. Makeover- Blegh. Blegh. Blegh. One of the worst redesigns. If animated characters had rights, Belle should sue.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

It's hard to rank them, but my favorites are the blue dress, green dress, and pink w/ the cloak.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

1. Pink w/ Snow Coat
2. Yellow Dress
3. Enchanted Christmas Dress ~ I almost ranked this above the yellow dress. Red is my favorite color and yellow is one of my least favorites, which I like to think accounts for that closeness in my head. :P I know it's simple, but I really like it.
4. Blue Dress
5. Green Dress
6. Pink Dress
7. The DP Makeover ~ Aside including them for completion's sake, I also thought it would be nice if we all took this opportunity to kick them and spit on them. :lol: It's almost as hideous as the Cinderella make-over.

Looking at some pictures of The Enchanted Christmas right now, I see there's another outfit for Belle I forgot when she's ice skating or something. Oh, well.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

UmbrellaFish wrote:Yellow ballgown- I don’t think I’ve ever seen a real life take on this gown which truly did it justice— many of them are flat out ugly. The yellow gown first worn by Susan Egan in the Broadway production is probably my favorite attempt to capture the beauty of the 1991 design. But in 1991 the ballgown is a such a stunner. I especially love the way the dress moves. Beautiful and iconic. Like Cinderella’s gown, its incomparable and otherwise unattainable beauty (at least in the real world) reminds you of the magic of animation itself.
Perfectly said! It's true, nothing in real life captures it, the closest, to me, is the statues they make with her in it. It really is hard to make the gown's beauty obtainable in real life. Have you seen the Hollywood Studios version of the gown? That is the real life one closest to capturing it correctly to me.

Anyway...

1. Gold ballgown - sublime. Divine. Magical. How it shimmers down in ripples. A perfect design, aside from being so historically inaccurate, lol.

2. Red and gold Enchanted Christmas dress - I love this one! The colors, the simple but beautiful design!

3. Pink dress with cloak - Wow, that pink dress is pretty shades of pink in a rather simple but elegant design, and the cloak really enchances it.

4. Pink dress with no cloak - love the pink and simple but elegant design

5. Green dress - this one suits Belle because I associate green with intelligence and it's also modest in it's simplicity like her, and the sleeves which I would normally hate work well on this one.

6. Blue dress - It's fine for a peasant who is just the working class, but in the live-action film they made it prettier with the detail.

7. Disney Princess makeover dress - They destroyed it.