Your Favorite Jafar Design

Polls and games that do not call for discussion.

Favorite form or costume of Jafar's?

Vizier
19%
Old Beggar
13%
Sultan
19%
Sorcerer
25%
Cobra
13%
Genie
13%

Total votes: 16

Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Your Favorite Jafar Design

Post by Disney's Divinity »

What the title says.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Sotiris

Re: Your Favorite Jafar Design

Post by Sotiris »

My ranking:

1. Genie
2. Sultan
3. Sorcerer
4. Vizier
5. Cobra
6. Old Beggar
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Curveball! I expected Ariel might be next, but Jafar is a fun choice. I admit that I struggled to conjure most of these looks in my head, and I got a bit lost in the woods until I remembered you’d used the word “design,” not costume, which changes my approach to this.

1. Cobra- perhaps my favorite example of “Disney villain go big” trope. I love everything about this design of the character. Wonderfully sinister, just a great foe for Aladdin to fight.

2. Sorcerer- although the modifications to Jafar’s vizier outfit are minimal, I prefer the sharper lines and angles of this get-up.

3. Vizier- Classic Jafar.

4. Genie- It makes me sad that Jafar loses his face shape when he transforms into the genie. Otherwise it’s fine but it’s not what I think of when I think of Jafar.

5. Sultan- Is this just the brief moment when Jafar wears his own version of the Sultan’s crème outfit? If so, it just isn’t very notable to me.

6. Old Beggar- I kind of hate this part of the movie. We’re meant to believe it’s a practical disguise (literally all he does is rip off the beard), not some kind of magic, so it’s inexplicable why his appearance changes so much. All would be forgiven if they revealed Jafar drank some kind of potion ala the Evil Queen, but as it’s played I think it feels like a cheap twist to unfairly fool the audience.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I thought I'd try to avoid being monotonous. :P

My ranking:

1. Cobra
2. Sultan
3. Vizier
4. Genie
5. Old Beggar
6. Sorcerer

Yes, the Sultan outfit is briefly used (it's white whereas Jasmine's father's is yellow). I thought about that when I made the poll actually, but I'm not sure how they could've altered the film for it to be used longer. Jafar needs sorcery to reveal Aladdin and then banish him to the ends of the earth, so he couldn't wear the sultan outfit and wish to be a sorcerer in the climax after Aladdin returns, I suppose. Still, I always liked how the white complements all the black lines of his face (eyeshows, lashes, beard) and the dark shadow.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"