Your Favorite Tiana Dresses?

Polls and games that do not call for discussion.

Favorite Tiana dresses

Yellow Work Dress
17%
Peasant Costume Dress
8%
Blue Princess Costume Dress
25%
White "Almost There" Dress
17%
Green Bayou Wedding Dress
17%
White Wedding Dress
8%
Ending Green Dress
8%

Total votes: 12

Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Your Favorite Tiana Dresses?

Post by Disney's Divinity »

What the title says.
Last edited by Disney's Divinity on Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
blackcauldron85

Re: Your Favorite Tiana Dresses?

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I really like her yellow work dress. I tend to like the more simple dresses, like Belle's blue dress, Briar Rose, Alice...

*edited to correct "simple" from "some"
Last edited by blackcauldron85 on Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Tiana has so many beautiful costumes. I’m also partial to her yellow work dress, but I think my favorite is the shimmery blue costume gown.

This may be a controversial opinion but I hate the Bayou wedding gown. It looks so tacky next to the elegance of the ball gowns worn by Cinderella and Belle. I hate that this dress is the one that has become her signature.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The white "Almost There" dress is my favorite and the blue princess costume one is my second-favorite.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

My personal favorites are:

1. Green Bayou Wedding Dress
2. White "Almost There" Dress
3. Ending Green Dress ~ This one isn't as perfect or as gorgeous as those first two are to me (literally two of my favorite Disney outfits ever), but I like it for some reason. I would've never thought I'd like a dress in green, only for this film and Anna's coronation dress in Frozen to prove me wrong.

@blackcauldron85: I must just be drawn to colorful, sparkly, sweeping gowns and heels. *shrug* :lol: I think that's part of the reason I'm drawn to the Disney princess films as well, because I like when female characters are all dressed up for some reason. I can't help it. Too bad Disney hasn't absorbed The Swan Princess and Thumbelina yet... I love Odette's main dress and Thumbelina's wedding dress. FWIW, I like when the male characters are in nice outfits or have multiple costume changes, but that rarely happens.
UmbrellaFish wrote: This may be a controversial opinion but I hate the Bayou wedding gown.
Not really. I've read it before. I’ve never been fond of the blue dress, personally. It makes me think of Brandy in R&H’s Cinderella, and both feel poorly inspired by Cinderella 1950’s dress, which wasn’t blue but silver. I do wish the clipart of Tiana in the green bayou dress didn't always leave off the veil. They get the necklace wrong, too.

I'm happy people responded. This section was dead. I thought I might do other characters after giving each poll some time to breathe, sort of like how farerb does his covers thread.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

1. Green bayou wedding dress - It's so lovely! I love the viney, flowery, leafy detail!

2. Green and white wedding dress - It's really pretty! I think it's the third best Disney wedding dress ever! Love the criss-crossing green details!

3. Blue princess costume - It's so pretty! Simple but elegant and she looks so beautiful in it!

4. White Almost There dress - Omg, so great, simple but very effective!

5. Yellow work dress - hey, she rocks this outfit, and yellow looks good on her!

6. Green ending dress - Um...well, it's ok I guess.

7. Peasant costume - I think this one is so plain and kinda yegh.