Favorite Disney Princess

Polls and games that do not call for discussion.

Favorite Disney Princess

Snow White
8%
Cinderella
6%
Aurora
6%
Ariel
20%
Belle
12%
Jasmine
12%
Pocahontas
10%
Mulan
6%
Merida
No votes
Tiana
4%
Rapunzel
4%
Anna
4%
Elsa
2%
Moana
4%
Other: (Kida, Eilonwy, Meg, Jane, Alice, etc.)
4%

Total votes: 51

Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Favorite Disney Princess

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Just thought we should re-do some old polls, either because they're are some new additions or just to bring more interest in Polls & Games.

I decided to do Favorite Princess, since that was always popular. This is based on the Disney Princess line. Since we can't rely on polls anymore, here's the list:

Snow White
Cinderella
Aurora
Ariel
Belle
Jasmine
Pocahontas
Mulan
Tiana
Rapunzel
Merida

I'll give my opinion in a few posts. I don't like to sway discussion through the first post. :)
Last edited by Disney's Divinity on Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Re: Favorite Disney Princess

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

Do we just put the name of the princess in our post?

If that's the case, then I say...Ariel.

She's the funniest (mainly when she enters the unfamiliar world above as a mute), my favourite when it comes to animation (the animation of her swimming is terrific, and she is drawn beautifully throughout "Part of Your World" - her eyes have much more expression than any princess before her) and she's also the easiest to relate to, so I empathise and care for her more.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Picking just one is too hard, so I'll just list my top 5 - the actual order changes on a daily basis.

- Belle
- Jasmine
- Mulan
- Ariel
- Cinderella

As for why I love these five... I just see a lot of myself in them and can relate to each of them for a variety of reasons. They range from superficial ones - like hair color, ethnicity or religion - to more complex ones, like social and family backgrounds, personal interests, moral stances, and character traits. Also, I love their designs and the way they were written. It's no wonder that films they come from are all my favorites.
Disney's Divinity

This section of the forum is really dead. :lol: It's too bad it isn't like when I first started here anymore. Ah well.

Since I like most of these characters (Disney does seem to be better at female characters, generally), I'll give a ranking:

Ariel
Cinderella
Tiana
Pocahontas
Snow White
Rapunzel
Mulan
Belle
Aurora
Jasmine
Merida

Ariel through Pocahontas ~ Absolute love these 4, although Ariel holds my heart, no contest. :lol: :P
Snow White through Mulan ~ Like in certain ways or others, though leaving a little to be desired (Snow White is innocence and not much else; Mulan is admirable, but the character herself is somewhat uninteresting; too much of Rapunzel feels like a weak Ariel rehash)
Belle and Aurora ~ Just meh, but I don't dislike them.
Jasmine ~ RAGING HATE /// I do like her in the TV series though, and she seems to be one of the only powerful (real) princesses at the outset, considering the Sultan basically lets her do what she wants, and she will be Queen of Agrabah eventually (whereas Ariel has to fight with her father, and as the seventh daughter would never have been Queen of the sea regardless of what happened).
Merida ~ I don't acknowledge her. *sniff sniff*

I hope others will post eventually...
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

My rankings:

1. Ariel
2. Rapunzel
3. Cinderella
4. Snow White
5. Pocahonts
6. Tiana
7. Jasmine
8. Merida
9. Belle
10. Mulan
10. Aurora
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

While we're ranking...

1. Belle
2. Jasmine
3. Mulan
4. Ariel
5. Cinderella
6. Tiana
7. Snow White
8. Rapunzel
9. Aurora
10. Pocahontas
11. Merida

Disney's Divinity, I think you should have posted this thread in the Disney Discussion section. That would have given it more visibility.
Jay
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jay »

1.) Snow White- She has always been my favorite. I love her optimistic nature and her interactions with Grumpy are too cute. She has a bit of a cheeky sense of humor that I love.

2.) Pocahontas- The most beautiful princess imo. I love how athletic she is and her more reserved personality is refreshing. Colors of the Wind is easily the best "princess" song.

3.) Ariel- Love her personality and her passion for what she desires. The first princess to actually go out and get her man. Plus she is easily the most realistic teenage girl Disney has done. Her reactions to the human world are great.

4.) Rapunzel- I enjoy her for the same reasons as Ariel basically.

5.) Mulan- Very strong and selfless thinking of her father's life before her own. I love how she tries to fit in with the guys and fails miserably at first.

6.) Tiana- Very strong willed and I love her desire to be more than just a trophy wife. I honestly haven't seen PatF in a while though. She would probably be higher up if I watched it more.

7.) Cinderella- I had a hard time placing her. I love her character in the film but I wish she had more screen time. Plus I hate how they market her as a bimbo in a blue dress with bleach blonde hair. That bimbo's name is Aurora.

8.) Belle- I had a hard time placing her to. I enjoy her film and I love that she reads and wants something more to life but she never clicked with me as much as the others have. Still like Cindy I do like her.

9.) Aurora- SB was one of my most watched films as a kid but that was for Maleficent and the 3 good fairies. She is pretty and has a great voice but never did too much for me. Kind of like Cindy I wish she had more screen time and she wore her blue dress on the merchandise.

10.) Jasmine- Like SB, Aladdin was one of my most watched films as a kid but that was because I was obsessed with Jafar and thought I was an Arabian sorcerer. I agree she is much better in the series and sequels. She just never interested me in the original film.

11.) Merida- I've only seen Brave once in theaters. Don't have much of an opinion on her yet.
SillySymphony
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SillySymphony »

My Ranking:
Belle
Mulan
Rapunzel
Snow White
Ariel
Tiana
Merida
Jasmine
Pocahontas
Cinderella
Aurora

*She's not on your list, but I'd put Giselle right under Belle.
theCat'sOut/Flowers&Trees/theFlyingMouse/theSkeletonDance/theThreeLittlePigs
thelittleursula
Anniversary Edition

Post by thelittleursula »

1. Cinderella
2. Ariel
3. Mulan
4. Belle
5. Aurora
6. Jasmine
7. Tiana
8. Rapunzel
9. Snow White
10. Pocahontas
11. Merida
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

My ranking:

1. Ariel
2. Pocahontas
3. Mulan
4. Jasmine
5. Belle
6. Tiana
7. Cinderella
8. Aurora
9. Snow White
10. Rapunzel
11. Merida
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Linden
Special Edition

Post by Linden »

1. Mulan
2. Belle
3. Tiana
4. Snow White
5. Rapunzel
6. Jasmine
7. Merida
8. Ariel
9. Pocahontas
10. Cinderella
11. Aurora

A few things to clarify my list:
My rankings of Ariel and Pocahontas are kind of fuzzy. I’m not actually that familiar with their movies. I know, believe me. Snow White was my favourite as a little girl, and you never really get over those. Mulan, I don’t consider a princess, so when people ask me who my favourite is, I normally say Belle. But I like Mulan much better. Merida, I don’t like that much, but she reminds me so much of me (except I’m not selfish in the same way). She would rank lower, but I can’t bring myself to hate her. She's like the younger me.
Disney's Divinity

I decided to update this with a poll including the "princesses" that have debuted since. My personal ranking:

1st Tier:
1. Ariel / 2. Tiana ~ Really hard to decide. I think Ariel would ultimately win out for several reasons, but I love both characters a great deal. TLM is a better overall film than TP&TF, but I like Tiana herself about equal to Ariel. I think their one similarity is that they're both incredibly driven and both questioning of the people around them (Ariel's smirk when Sebastian sings "Under the Sea" and everything with humans naturally; Tiana mocking Naveen for being a layabout), despite being a friend to anyone--like Tiana with goofy Charlotte.
3. Anna ~ I personally prefer her of the Frozen sisters, although I love both. I know that’s not a common opinion. I think it’s sort of a Sam-Frodo situation. Elsa like Frodo is the one the plot centers around and also the one with the more glamorous role; Anna like Sam is the one that follows the former around as their average companion who brings them down to earth when they’re overwhelmed and self-harming themselves out of a desire to help others.
4. Cinderella ~ She will always be the best Walt princess and has one of the prettiest gowns in a Disney film (although I’ll always prefer Tiana’s bayou dress).
5. Elsa ~ So pretty and atypical for a Disney princess. Hence her popularity. :P
6. Pocahontas ~ I like the character more than the movie she comes from. Not that I hate Pocahontas, just not as fond of it as others.
(Reflecting on my favorites, I think, aside from Anna and Ariel, I generally prefer the more mature-acting princesses?)
2nd Tier
7. Rapunzel
8. Mulan
9. Belle
10. Snow White
11. Moana
3rd Tier:
12. Jasmine
13. Merida
14. Aurora

Feel free to add heroines to your list; polls only allow 15 options which is why I included the princesses only, but I left the option for others there. Megara would rank after Ariel and Tiana for me. :) And Charlotte probably after Anna. :P The few moments Charlotte is being serious rather than comic relief, she's such a sweetheart. Nani is another non-princess I really enjoy. She's always been the best part of L&S for me.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I have affection for all these characters so ranking them was hard!

1. Ariel
2. Belle
3. Pocahontas
4. Mulan
5. Cinderella
6. Tiana
7. Snow White
8. Elsa
9. Rapunzel
10. Anna
11. Merida
12. Jasmine
13. Aurora

* I still haven’t watched Moana...
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

So, Jasmine & Ariel have always been my two favorites, *but* Giselle is amazing; she obviously is an homage to the earlier princesses, and I adore Snow White, and I love the depth of Giselle. And then rounding out my top 5 is Pocahontas.

I agree with UF that it's super duper hard to rank them, because they are all great. I'm just going to do a Top 7...but I have love for them all! And I see a lot of myself in Anna & Rapunzel, and I adore Charlotte, so...I guess that's 8-10?! Sure, let's go with that! But I do love them all.

1. Giselle
2. Jasmine
3. Ariel
4. Snow White
5. Pocahontas
6. Eilonwy
7. Tiana
8. (tie?) Anna, Rapunzel, Charlotte!
Disney's Divinity

Amy Adams really is fantastic as Giselle. I think she managed to tie the old and newer Disney princesses together pretty well, looking more like the '90s while acting more like the Walt era. "That's How You Know" isn't just my favorite song in the film. It's also the part of the movie that makes me really like the character, when she first learns of divorce and then sings about it. That was really unique for a Disney character.
robinhood21
Limited Issue

Post by robinhood21 »

My favourite is Snow White as it had been one of my first movies in my childhood and I still enjoy it to this day, though of course I only see each movie up to three times a year.
Disney's Divinity

I'm not quite sure where to put Raya for now... While I'd like Namaari to become a part of the line, too, I'd be surprised if that actually happens.

Ariel
Tiana
Anna
Cinderella
Elsa
Pocahontas
Mulan
Rapunzel
Raya
Belle
Moana
Snow White
Jasmine
Aurora

Raya through Moana will probably always shift around based on the day. I think that's kind of why I went for a tier thing last time. In a way, I think I like Namaari a bit more than Raya, since Raya's design is sort of... Meh? Even in the early days of the film's creation, she looked a lot like Moana, just older. I think she was a little like Moana in character, too, only more mature, but the fact that Raya has higher stakes and more loss throughout the story is probably why I feel a little more strongly about the character. Maybe if Tala's death had something to do with the spreading darkness instead of simply being a way to make her available to speak with Moana in the climax. Anyway, back from my tangent, Namaari's design is a type I don't think we've seen of in a Disney film before. The closest thing that comes to mind is Helga Sinclair in Atlantis, but without all the sexualization.

I expect Raya will become a part of the princess line sooner than Moana (and Anna & Elsa certainly) did, thanks to the pandemic and Disney fighting with theaters. I do hope they give the film a chance though and it gets a sequel at some point. Who knows though. I thought Moana and BH6 would've got sequels, too, actually--if WIR did.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

^ Look at your new signature! <3 I love both Raya & Namaari, and the film is absolutely in my top favorite list...
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I'm not here to rank, only to say that the reason Tala died was because she gave the Heart of Te Fiti to Moana. I mean to say that she should have died sooner but the Heart prolonged her life, that's why it was also rather quick.

Please continue...
Disney's Divinity

Is that something actually in the film or spoken in a commentary or something? I've never heard that before.
blackcauldron85 wrote:^ Look at your new signature! <3 I love both Raya & Namaari, and the film is absolutely in my top favorite list...
I made the Raya ones myself, so hopefully they don't stick out too badly next to the other ones. I used side-view screenshots of them, so hopefully they don't look too off.