|Top 10 Favorite Disney Characters
|Page 3 of 3|
|Author:||Anne [ Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:37 pm ]|
This is hard to choose!
Only from animated movies:
1. Marlin/Nemo (tie) (Finding Nemo)
2. Mater (Cars)
3. Lightning McQueen (Cars)
4. Dory (Finding Nemo)
5. Aladdin (Aladdin)
6. Simba (The Lion King)
7. Nala (The Lion King)
8. Mike (Monsters Inc)
9. Patch (101 Dalmatians)
10. Ariel (The Little Mermaid)
|Author:||PrincePhillipFan [ Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:17 pm ]|
1. Prince Phillip
2. Queen Grimhilde
4. Milo Thatch
9. Snow White
|Author:||MagicMirror [ Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:10 pm ]|
I've posted my favorites earlier in this thread, but a while ago, when I had rather a lot of free time, I came up with a list of the '100 Greatest' Disney characters, in the spirit of the AFI lists. A character's position on the list depended on critical response, popularity, cultural impact and so on, rather than my personal opinion.
It's not a very well organized list (groups of characters, like the dwarfs and three fairies, are given single places, for example, and a few characters that really should be there aren't) but I'm generally happy with the top 30.
2. The Seven Dwarfs
3. Jiminy Cricket
4. The Queen/Witch
6. The Beast
7. Cruella De Vil
11. The Genie
12. Snow White
15. Mrs. Jumbo
19. Captain Hook
20. Lady Tremaine
25. Peter Pan
30. Timothy Mouse
31. Shere Khan
32. The Tramp
34. Jaq and Gus
35. The Cheshire Cat
41. Judge Claude Frollo
43. Madame Medusa
47. The Mad Hatter
48. Prince John and Sir Hiss
49. King Louie
50. Timon and Pumbaa
53. The Fairy Godmother
54. The March Hare
61. Hyacinth Hippo
67. Madame Mim
72. Jane Porter
73. The Blue Fairy
74. The Caterpillar
75. The Sprite (from Fantasia 2000)
78. Foulfellow and Gideon
79. Colonel Hahti
80. Long John Silver
81. Mrs. Potts
83. Jasper and Horace Badun
85. Flora, Fauna and Merryweather
87. Professor Ratigan
89. The Magic Carpet
93. The Horned King
95. Jim Hawkins
96. Ichabod Crane
97. Mr. Toad
98. Thomas O'Malley
99. The White Rabbit
|Author:||Widdi [ Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:38 am ]|
I can pull out another top 30 list (I have lots of lists) for this thread.
This is for Disney animated Classics only.
1. Ursula (The Little Mermaid)
2. Kaa (The Jungle Book)
3. Mike Yagoobian (Meet the Robinsons)
4. Cruella De Vil (101 Dalmatians)
5. Merryweather (Sleeping Beauty)
6. Stitch (Lilo & Stitch)
7. Figaro (Pinocchio)
8. Cogsworth (Beauty and the Beast)
9. Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty)
10. Iago (Aladdin)
11. Todd (The Fox and the Hound)
12. Archimedes (The Sword in the Stone)
13. Winnie the Pooh (The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh)
14. Judge Claude Frollo (The Hunchback of Notre Dame)
15. Big Mama (The Fox and the Hound)
16. Pleakley (Lilo & Stitch)
17. Bud Robinson (Meet the Robinsons)
18. Basil of Baker Street (The Great Mouse Detective)
19. Sebastian (The Little Mermaid)
20. Dumbo (Dumbo)
21. Belle (Beauty and the Beast)
22. Meg (Hercules)
23. Thomas O'Malley (The Aristocats)
24. Tito (Oliver & Company)
25. Friend Owl (Bambi)
26. Scar (The Lion King)
27. Milo Thatch (Atlantis: the Lost Empire)
28. Esmeralda (The Hunchback of Notre Dame)
29. Hades (Hercules)
30. Ariel (The Little Mermaid)
|Author:||stlewis75 [ Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:35 am ]|
1 - Brer Fox (Song of the South)
2 - Humphrey the Bear
3 - Jiminy Cricket (Pinocchio)
4 - Mr. Toad (Ichabod and Mr. Toad)
5 - Pecos Bill (Melody Time)
6 - Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty)
7 - Shere Khan (The Jungle Book)
8 - Willie the Operatic Whale (Make Mine Music)
9 - Kronk (The Emperor's New Groove)
10 - Prince John (Robin Hood)
|Author:||Ariel'sprince [ Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:48 am ]|
Aurora (they're top 3).
There's also much more .
If you want also Pixar then:
|Author:||Simba3 [ Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:33 pm ]|
I don't know if I could pick just 10, or arrange them in any sort of order for that matter, but here are some of my favorites:
Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty)
Simba, Mufasa, Scar, Timon, Pumbaa and Rafiki (The Lion King)
Ursula (The Little Mermaid)
Cruella De Vil (101 Dalmatians)
Genie & Jafar (Aladdin)
Dopey (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs)
Bambi & Thumper (Bambi)
Lumiere (Beauty and the Beast)
Toulouse (The Aristocats)
Oliver, Dodger, and Georgette (Oliver and Company)
Baloo (The Jungle Book)
Prince John and Sir Hiss (Robin Hood)
Todd, Copper, and Big Mama (The Fox and the Hound)
Lady & Trusty (Lady and the Tramp)
Buzz, Woody, Rex, Mrs. Potato Head (Toy Story 1 and/or2)
Flik, Hopper, Queen (A Bugs Life)
Sully (Monsters Inc)
Nemo, Dory, Merlin, Flo, Bruce, Crush (Finding Nemo)
Mr. Incredible, Frozone, Edna Mode (The Incredibles)
Mater *the ONLY thing this movie has going for it* (Cars)
Wall-E, EVE (Wall*E) ---I can already tell I'll love them!
|Author:||Lazario [ Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:57 pm ]|
Animated films - In no special order (and this is really hard!):
1. Merriweather - I love her attitude
2. The Queen of Hearts - I love her insaneness and her loud brashness. She's like Roseanne of Disney villains.
3. Madam Mim - still my absolute favorite Disney villain
4. Prince Phillip - great voice and I love that strangely evil look he gave the horse when he said, "no carrots."
5. The Cheshire Cat - he's so magnificently strange and eloquently insane
6. Ursula - it's hard to not love her ultra-sexual, overweight diva so much
7. Iago - I think this role was tailor made for Gilbert Gottfried, it fits him like a glove, and I enjoy his performance a lot more than the Genie
8. Archimedes - a wise and funny disciplinerean character
9. Cruella DeVil(le?) - the perfect bitter, nasty old hag villain (like the animated fore-runner version of what would later become famous as the kind of Joan Crawford, Bette Davis, Shelley Winters, Betsy Palmer horror movie hags of live-action cinema)
10. The Magic Mirror - that's one creepy darn mirror!
I know I'm leaving a few out and am later going to wish I'd said something else in one of those places. 10 is so unfair!
|Author:||Disney's Divinity [ Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:27 pm ]|
I haven't seen this thread in so long! Looking back, I had a few strange choices on my list... I have no idea what Penny and Todd are doing there. I think I'll give an updated one:
1. Ursula ~ The Little Mermaid
2. Megara ~ Hercules
3. Jim Hawkins ~ Treasure Planet
4. Lady Tremaine ~ Cinderella
5. Geppetto ~ Pinocchio
6. Merlin ~ The Sword in the Stone
7. Hades ~ Hercules
8. King Triton ~ The Little Mermaid
9. Basil ~ The Great Mouse Detective
10. Cogsworth ~ Beauty and the Beast
Alice, Bagheera, Sebastian, Ariel, Hercules, Cinderella, Grandmother Willow, Merriweather, Rabbit, and Archimedes are other favorites of mine.
Anyway, yeah, 10 is a cruel number. But you have to draw the line somewhere.
|Author:||BelleGirl [ Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:54 am ]|
Just from traditional Disney, for now - might be subject to change
1. Donald Duck
2. Grumpy - Snow white and the seven dwarfs
3. Belle - Beauty and the Beast: she is the Disney heroin I can identify with the best: like her I'm a bookworm - hence my forumname 'BelleGirl'
4. Cinderella - Cinderella
5. Quasimodo - Hunchback of Notre Dame
6. Frollo - Hunchback of Notre Dame Most complex villain to date
7. Jock - Lady and the Tramp
8. Sebastian - The Little Mermaid
9. Mulan - Mulan
10. Lady Tremaine - Cinderella
|Author:||megareldontas [ Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:52 pm ]|
This was a thinker - I had to pick all the ones i love and eliminate them one by one...i felt like ross in friends with his "list" should i laminate mine?
|Author:||skybluemilk [ Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:46 am ]|
1. Tinker Bell
6. Peter Pan
8. Minnie Mouse
9. Huey, Duey, and Luey
10. Mickey Mouse
|Author:||Laura [ Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:06 am ]|
The name Archimedes isn't ringing a bell--what movie is he (I'm assuming it's a he) from? I'm having a Dory moment here...
I don't really have a list of 10; there are so many that I like--including the aforementioned Dory. Recently, I saw "Chicken Little" for the first time (yeah I know it's been out for a few years) and I really love Morkubine Porcupine--he's my favorite character in that movie, although there are lots of other cute ones as well. I also love Thomas O'Malley from "The Aristocats"; and I love Belle, partly because she loves to read (I wish I had a humungous library like they do in the palace in "B&B"--we've got lots of books here, but they're pretty scattered, lol). And I love all the "Cars"--I can't decide which is my favorite, but I really like Flo and Fillmore. I see where someone listed Flounder from "The Little Mermaid"--there's another cutie! Also Tigger and Pumbaa...how I'm ever gonna come up w/a list of just 10, I don't know...I like Mrs. Potts too. I love where Belle meets her for the first time and is looking at eye level and has to look down to see her! My mom was a big fan of Angela Lansbury and Pearl Bailey (Big Mama from "The Fox and the Hound") and I really like both of them also...
Some of the stuff you guys listed, I'm unfamiliar w/. So many cute movies--so little time...
|Author:||jangce [ Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:58 pm ]|
1. shere khan
3. duffy duck
5. captain hook
|Author:||thedisneyspirit [ Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:47 am ]|
|Post subject:||Re: Top 10 Favorite Disney Characters|
1. Bagheera. I have no idea why, I just find him likable and kinda relatable. I also like a lot Mowgli and Baloo, but if we're talking of putting on a list, Baggy wins.
2. Megara. I'm kinda biased since she reminds me of a dear friend, but rewatching Hercules again I just got all over her. She's charming and flawed, and there are moments where her vulnerability shows that's kinda relatable. For not being the main lead, she leaves an impression on you.
3. Cheshire Cat. He's amusing.
4. Merida. My favorite princess!
5. The Horned King. My favorite villain. If he was in a better movie and perhaps changed a few things here and there he could be one of the big baddies of the studio.
6. Genie. Jafar and Iago are other cool characters from Aladdin (I like them more than Aladdin and Jasmine!)
7. Jack Skellington and Sally. I just find them likable, dunno why. I know people comment they're kinda bland and have little chemistry but the soft atmosphere of the film makes them endearing for me.
8. Aurora. Most of this film's cast are likable characters.
9. Pocahontas. I kinda have issues with her movie, but I do think she's likable.
10. Panchito and Jose. I find them much more fun than Donald!
I also like a lot Hades, Chernabog, Tigger, Miss Bianca, Maleficent, Ursula and Mary Poppins, but it was kinda hard to make a list like this.
|Page 3 of 3||All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group