Your favorite Aladdin Song

Polls and games that do not call for discussion.
Alan
Anniversary Edition

Your favorite Aladdin Song

Post by Alan »

Come here and tell us whats your favorite song from Aladdin (No cheapquels)

Mine is definately Prince Ali. The Tune is so catchy, I love it. I also like Arabian Nights.
danamichelle
Gold Classic Collection

Post by danamichelle »

Mine is "A Whole New World"
<a href=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html? ... ichelle>My DVD List at DVD Aficionado</a>
<a href=http://www.myspace.com/57703794>MySpace</a>

Lilo: I'M NOT TOUCHING YOU!
Stitch: AARG! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
Pasta67
Anniversary Edition

Post by Pasta67 »

Oh man :( . I don't think I can choose. They're all so good. Oh, I know, I choose them all. Good thing there's not a poll.

Arabian Nights- Sets a perfect tone for the movie. I wish the lyrics weren't changed.

One Jump Ahead- The scene really made me like the character Aladdin. This song always gets stuck in my head.

One Jump Ahead Reprise- Makes you really feel for Aladdin's problem. We all want to be treated better, and this song makes the mood just right.

Friend Like Me- Who didn't like this song? Robin Williams bring this character to life in this sequence. Another thing I love most is that this song has no purpose to the plot except to do what movies do best: entertain.

Prince Ali- Love this song. I guess this one would be my least favorite though. But it's still great and it really shows some of why Jasmine is a great character when she doesn't go for Aladdin. Another great Robin Williams moment.

A Whole New World- What can I say, a perfect love song. Short but sweet discription.

Prince Ali Reprise- One of my favorite villian songs. It really shows how evil Jafar is, especially when he slaps Aladdin (I can't believe they actually left that in, but I'm glad). The music is also so deliciously evil. I gotta watch that scene again!
Last edited by Pasta67 on Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- John
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

My favorite songs of the movie are the reprises (One Jump Ahead and Prince Ali). Friend Like Me is another favorite.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

"A Whole New World" is my favorite, but it's so good that it's not fair to the other great songs.

"Arabian Nights," while good, doesn't live up to the others. "Prince Ali," "Never Had A Friend Like Me," and "One Jump Ahead" are all great. The latter is classic Alan Menken... especially the "still I think he's rather tasty."

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Alan
Anniversary Edition

Post by Alan »

I think Aladdin shows Alan Menkin's talents at his best
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Alan wrote:I think Aladdin shows Alan Menkin's talents at his best
I actually prefer Beauty and the Beast, but Aladdin's great too. And of course Howard Shore joined him on it.

Have you seen <i>Newsies</i> or <i>Little Shop of Horrors</i>? They are some of his best too.

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

hi

Post by Disney Guru »

My favorite song from Aladdin Is

A Whole New World

Also no matter what other people say, I personally love the A Whole New World music video, by Nick and Jessica on the Aladiin Platinum DVD.
"I have this tremendous energy. I just loved and love life. I love it today. I never want to die."
~Jayne Meadows Allen~
Pasta67
Anniversary Edition

Re: hi

Post by Pasta67 »

Disney Guru wrote:Also no matter what other people say, I personally love the A Whole New World music video, by Nick and Jessica on the Aladiin Platinum DVD.
I second that. To me, it's not who's singing, but what's being sung.
- John
Nala
Anniversary Edition

Post by Nala »

A Whole New World. I love that song when they fly in the air on the magic carpet. I also like A Friend Like Me.
My Growing DVD Collection!

http://www.invelos.com/DVDCollection.aspx/Pocahontas

Disneyland Trips: 09/87, 12/08

Walt Disney World Trips: 09/08, 12/09, 06/11, 09/14

Knott's Berry Farm: 09/87, 12/08
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Re: hi

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Disney Guru wrote:Also no matter what other people say, I personally love the A Whole New World music video, by Nick and Jessica on the Aladiin Platinum DVD.
Another ditto to this. Surprisingly, Nick's singing is more impressive in this particular song, but Jessica's is good too. I've always said they are both great singers (Jessica is amazing), not to mention two of the classier and less ridiculous of today's pop icons. I don't really understand all the resentment. They do a great job with this one. I like it more all the time.

-Aaron
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

My favourites are A Whole New World and One Jump Ahead. Also if comparing Alan Menken work, my favourite would have to be The Little Mermaid ST. It started the "Disney formula" and still holds up as being unique compared to the ones after that.
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
Fidget1234
Special Edition

Post by Fidget1234 »

mine would have to be "A Whole New World", in fact, i think the movie version is better then both ballads that can be heard on the radio.

I would also have to say a close second is "Prince Ali", but i love the love songs the best.
"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin"
Alan
Anniversary Edition

Post by Alan »

Robin Williams is great singing Prince Ali
RJKD23
Platinum Edition

Post by RJKD23 »

A whole new world.
Because it's romantic and magical.

(I prefer the singing by Lea and Brad. Jessica seemed like she was forcing it...Nick sang okay. But don't get me wrong, they both can sing. I just didn't like their voices for the remake.)
Image R[APRIL.23]K: High School Sweethearts
Raydawggie
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Raydawggie »

One Jump Ahead

There's really never been another Disney song with the same anarchic spirit. It captures Aladdin's energy, fun-loving nature, and spirit, as well as making you feel for him and root for him to find his way to a better life. Within five minutes of singing, they manage to turn a street thief into a beloved hero.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Friend Like Me is my favourite song from the movie, it's so energetic, just awesome. Strangely, I find Pocahontas to be Alan Menken's best work. While the movie itsself isn't my favourite, the songs and the score are amazing. Little Mermaid would be a close second for me. But as an Alan Menken fan, even Home on the Range is a pure joy, love his music
Pasta67
Anniversary Edition

Post by Pasta67 »

I always thought Menken's best work was The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Especially the opening song.
- John
Prince Eric
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Eric »

Hands down, A Whole New World. The composition is lovely and the lyrics gorgeous. I still get chills up my spine hearing it. :D The best rendition is the original of course, by Lea Salonga and Brad Kane. Overrated pop singers (and overexposed media slaves) performing classic show tunes is not my cup of tea.
The Top 10 Films of 2005:
1) Brokeback Mountain 2) The Squid and the Whale 3) Me And You And Everyone We Know 4) The New World 5) A History of Violence 6) Match Point 7) Munich 8.) Crash 9) Wallace and Gromit 10) Pride & Prejudice
Alan
Anniversary Edition

Post by Alan »

Prince Eric wrote:Hands down, A Whole New World. The composition is lovely and the lyrics gorgeous. I still get chills up my spine hearing it. :D The best rendition is the original of course, by Lea Salonga and Brad Kane. Overrated pop singers (and overexposed media slaves) performing classic show tunes is not my cup of tea.
On the note of pop singers, didn't Clay Aiken performed a song from aladdin?