The UK Announcement Thread

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Re: The UK Announcement Thread

Post by Atlantica »

Oh dear …. I guess it makes sense though to capitalise on absolutely everything to do with Frozen I suppose.

Having said that, I'm happily going along to the theatre where they are projecting 'Sing-a-long-a-Frozen' on to the stage ! And I'm very excited to go see it !
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

Some Disney films are returning to the big screen at Vue cinemas.

http://www.myvue.com/disney-days

I would dearly love to see Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast and Fantasia on the big screen but I know I'd end up going alone. I'm also wondering if I can really justify it when I've bought all of them in some capacity this year (double and triple and quadruple dipping)

I think I might talk the boyfriend into seeing Beauty and the Beast with me but I imagine Fantasia looks incredible. Decisions...
Atlantica wrote: Having said that, I'm happily going along to the theatre where they are projecting 'Sing-a-long-a-Frozen' on to the stage ! And I'm very excited to go see it !
That will be lovely. I was queuing to see a really obscure film Q&A at Prince Charles in London just as a Frozen sing along finished and it was so cute. Loads of little girls in their Elsa dresses with one or two Anna dresses. I kinda wished I had been in the Frozen screening.
Settling Soul mates? That is grim. And I've played Monopoly alone.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I must admit, just because its my second favourite, I saw Tangled the other day at Vue, just because I love it so and wanted it on the big screen. Was so lovely to see it in a cinema again ! Very tempted by Aladdin, as I've just seen Beauty and the Beast in the cinema when it was part of 'Vintage Sundays' at Harbour Lights.
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

Instead of indulging in the bogof, I've started getting some of the old region 1 releases for missing extra features.
I just got the Canadian version of Snow White platinum - I really wanted the complete making of. Didn't realise the DVD case was so thick. I thought I'd got a VHS at first.
I gt Sleeping Beauty for the commentary.
Eventually I'll get Hunchback for the Commentary - confused as to why we only got half of the Snow White making of feature in the UK and missed out on SB and HoND commentary.

I'm starting to wish these ebay Disney bootleggers would just let me buy the slipcovers - some of them look really nice. Don't want the crappy DVDs but I would pay for some of those shiny embossed slipcovers they seem to reproduce so well.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

How did you get hold of the Canadian version of it if you don't mind me asking ? How did you even know the Canadian one had extra features ? :?
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

amazon - third party seller. He did state it was from his private collection so I was pretty hopeful that it meant no bootleg. Thankfully it isn't.
I didn't know it was Canadian when I ordered it but it does have special features - 2 discs.
It has the label on front saying that French audio is included.
I also have the Canadian Lion King and Aladdin collectors set. They don't tell you on Amazon if its NA release or Canadian but I can't say I mind.
Pretty sure NA and Canada have identical releases being both region 1.
Case is really weird - double thickness and opens into two separate halves with a disc in each.
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

Just copied this from Sleeping Beauty Diamond Edition thread as it is still relevant

Just having a browse on the iTunes store Sleeping Beauty is available for download and the artwork is the villains slipcover with Maleficent - I would therefore assume that the Maleficent slipcover is coming.

However, here is what confused me - under iTunes extras they list the Diamond edition extras from the US release......wtf?

So we do get Sleeping Beauty as a Diamond edition but only if we buy it on iTunes or is this a mistake? Its £9.99 in SD and £13.99 in HD (which I personally think is too much).
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Does anyone know if the new(er) pressings of "The Little Mermaid" (such as this Disney Heroes collection) come free of those editing errors during "Part of Your World"? Thank you in advance!
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

Mooky wrote:Does anyone know if the new(er) pressings of "The Little Mermaid" (such as this Disney Heroes collection) come free of those editing errors during "Part of Your World"? Thank you in advance!
I don't have a disc of the newer pressing but I would doubt very much that the UK got the corrected discs rolled out. Disney UK was super reluctant to give us a replacement in the first place.

As for getting a replacement now - Disney UK will no longer offer replacement discs and deny all knowledge of ever giving new discs according to folks at bluray.com. I think your best bet would be to order the US version as apparently amazon.com have switched their discs for the correct ones.

You could but the UK disc and try begging Disney UK but I cannot guarantee you will have any luck.
I hope you get the disc without errors wherever you buy! :)
The wrong disc was the usual shiny light blue and the replacement disc that I got sent was a matt darker blue if that helps.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

That's disappointing. What's up with Disney UK and their terrible customer practices anyway? I don't really feel like pleading with them given their track record and my terrible luck with these kinds of things :) My copy of TLM is actually part of the TLM Trilogy set and it's still shrink-wrapped, so I'm not sure if this whole replacement thing would be worth the hassle. Getting the corrected US edition would have been amazing (I would just put the US disc in the UK case) if it weren't for the fact that it's Region A locked -- according to Amazon :( I really hoped this new UK edition would be error-free especially because it's somewhat cheap these days... Oh well, maybe some other time...

Either way, thank you very much for all the details! It's been really helpful :thumb:
universALLove
Collector's Edition

Post by universALLove »

Mooky wrote:Getting the corrected US edition would have been amazing (I would just put the US disc in the UK case) if it weren't for the fact that it's Region A locked -- according to Amazon :(
To be fair Amazon put Region A on all of their U.S. releases but The Little Mermaid is in fact region free, I have it and it works fine :)
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

I'd still try Disney UK just in case. You can't lose anything by asking.
Email [email protected]

This is what I sent to them when I requested my disc replacement.

As you are probably aware there is an editing mistake during the 'Part of your World' sequence on the Blu-ray Disc. As a result I was disappointed with the diamond release of The Little Mermaid. Whilst I have been told this mistake doesn't effect enjoyment of the film, I have to disagree.

I wonder why US customers have been offered a replacement disc program and UK customers have not.
I am a long term Disney fan and would love very much to have the corrected version. If there is a replacement disc version how I do I go about getting my disc replaced?

I would point out that the both the US and Australia have a replacement program and it is unfair to UK customers.
I know the replacement is a hassle and a worry. I've done a it a couple of times now with Tarzan and this and I always get my discs signed for. It costs me some money but I'd rather know that Disney received it and it didn't get lost in the post.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

I've given it some thought and decided to write them an email after all. In addition to inquiring about the disc replacement program and my options in partaking in it as a non-UK resident, I've also asked about the status of the editing error on the newer releases of the film. I'll keep you guys updated about any reply I get. Thanks for the push MeerkatKombat :)
universALLove wrote:To be fair Amazon put Region A on all of their U.S. releases but The Little Mermaid is in fact region free, I have it and it works fine :)
Really? That's great, thanks! I'll just put it in my basket for now in case this thing with Disney HE UK works out. Hope dies last :)
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

Mooky, have you heard from them?
You may have to be persistent. I emailed them about three times. :)
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

No, no response whatsoever... :x I hate when things like this happen -- they somehow manage to make *me* feel guilty for using my prerogative as a customer to ask them to fix the result of their incompetence.
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

Emailing them always makes me feel guilty too which is ridiculous when it is their mistake.
I'd email them again and just keep trying. I imagine they gets loads of emails.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Exactly. I don't understand this attitude; they should just come forward and say they have no plans of replacing anything instead of playing dumb. Oh, and still no reply, in case you were wondering :).
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

I'm sorry they are being rude. It is annoying but it was worth contacting them just in case they reply.
I'd email again and email [email protected] too.
I'd also understand if you just want to buy the corrected US disc and sell your UK copy. Those mistakes are thoroughly anger inducing. I was so angry when Disney told me they wouldn't do a UK replacement.
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

Is there anyone from the UK or who has the UK blu-rays who's able to tell me which UK blu-rays come with Dutch audio track.

Only the Disney classics (from Snow White to Frozen).

It would be greatly appreciated. Want to buy a bunch of them for my cousins for Christmas, but the Dutch blu-rays are very expensive and I know some of the uk ones also have dutch audio.

Hope this is the right topic to ask this :-)
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

MeerkatKombat wrote:I'm sorry they are being rude. It is annoying but it was worth contacting them just in case they reply.
I'd email again and email [email protected] too.
I'd also understand if you just want to buy the corrected US disc and sell your UK copy. Those mistakes are thoroughly anger inducing. I was so angry when Disney told me they wouldn't do a UK replacement.
Thanks. I'll try sending the email to their Help Desk as well, and if there's still no reply, then I guess my best option is the US disc.
Khonnor wrote:Is there anyone from the UK or who has the UK blu-rays who's able to tell me which UK blu-rays come with Dutch audio track.

Only the Disney classics (from Snow White to Frozen).
Hey Khonnor! I've checked my BDs and here's the list:
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
- Pinocchio
- Fantasia
- Dumbo
- Bambi
- Alice in Wonderland
- Peter Pan
- Sleeping Beauty
- The Sword in the Stone
- The Aristocats
- Robin Hood