Australian Disney DVD and Blu-ray Release Info - Ongoing

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
MelancholyEcho

Post by MelancholyEcho »

Victurtle wrote: edit: Good news! The Aussie BD does have the Behind the Scenes and Extended Scenes features. It simply not listed on JB's website or the cover.
Yep! I ended up buying this in JB before ordering from overseas, just thought I'd check anyway, and lucky I did. Really silly how it's not promoted anywhere though, and the only way you'd know is if you'd seen it in-store.
Kirben
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Kirben »

6th February 2013
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: Mickey And Donald Have A Farm
Monsters Inc (3D Blu-ray+Blu-ray+Digital Copy)
Monsters Inc (Blu-ray+DVD)
Pixar: Shorts Film Collection - Volume 2
Pixar: Shorts Film Collection - Volume 2 (Blu-Ray)

The Coming Soon section at EzyDVD web site added several February 2013 releases:

27th February 2013
Cinderella II: Dreams Come True (Special Edition)
Cinderella III: A Twist in Time (Special Edition)
Cinderella II & Cinderella III (Blu-Ray)
Disneynature: Chimpanzee
Disneynature: African Cats
Frankenweenie (Blu-Ray)
Frankenweenie
Hunchback of Notre Dame/Hunchback of Notre Dame 2 (Blu-Ray)
Hunchback of Notre Dame
Hunchback of Notre Dame 2
Mulan
Mulan 2
Mulan / Mulan 2 (Blu-Ray)

Also has anyone seen the DVD release of Prep & Landing and Naughty Vs. Nice around anywhere? I'm wondering if that is a store exclusive.
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

Ive seen it at Coles :)

Thanks for list Veemon!
Cordy_Biddle
Anniversary Edition

Post by Cordy_Biddle »

Well I guess I'm going to be broke in February, what with "Cinderella II & III", and the "Mulan", "Hunchback" 2-movie Blu-rays... :)
I'm just valentine candy and boxing-gloves!

My DVD Collection :
http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/
Cordy_Biddle
Anniversary Edition

Post by Cordy_Biddle »

Ivan wrote:Even the UK DMR site has a wider range of rewards.

I've been lucky and have managed to get a few decent rewards, but generally when there's anything worthwhile posted they disappear fairly quick. Recently got Disney Universe for Xbox 360, and the best reward I've got was the Pinocchio Platinum Edition blu-ray (back when the rewards were, you know, kind of good). I probably only log on once a month or so now, or whenever I need to redeem a code, and have learned if the number of rewards sits at around 60 it's just going to be the same old s**t!
The Aussie Movie Rewards site is so depressing. I finally got enough points to redeem the Cinderella Carriage, but that's about the only cool thing on there IMO.

My DVD Collection :
Topher
Limited Issue

Post by Topher »

The big empty space for upcoming releases on the Disney Movie Rewards site suggests that Disney expects the world to end later in the month. But yeah, could they get some decent rewards, maybe some Hallmark ornaments or statues or soundtracks or Blu Rays or stationary or exclusive DVD releases or anything that doesn't require a printer?
MelancholyEcho

Post by MelancholyEcho »

Yeah, what an utter embarrassment, especially compared with the other rewards sites.

Hope they lift their game in 2013.
Cordy_Biddle
Anniversary Edition

Post by Cordy_Biddle »

MelancholyEcho wrote:Yeah, what an utter embarrassment, especially compared with the other rewards sites.

Hope they lift their game in 2013.
Well it can't get much worse. :roll:

My DVD Collection :
Cordy_Biddle
Anniversary Edition

Post by Cordy_Biddle »

Received a great big box in the mail a couple of days ago - my Cinderella Carriage arrived! I only redeemed it a fortnight ago and wasn't given a shipping notice so it was an unexpected treat.

And it came with a bonus reward - the CD soundtrack of "Princess Diaries 2" (which I've wanted but never got around to buying!). The carriage is beautiful and is the perfect display piece with my Disney dolls.

My DVD Collection :
Topher
Limited Issue

Post by Topher »

Peter Pan DE Blu Ray was classified yesterday.

http://www.classification.gov.au/Pages/ ... gHCFjMngHV

I am hoping that we will get a Diamond release of Aladdin later on with the US, and then I can just import the European Blu Ray in the mean time.
Kirben
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Kirben »

The Coming Soon section at EzyDVD web site added several March 2013 releases:

27th March 2013
Aladdin
Aladdin (Diamond Edition: Blu-ray+DVD)
Aladdin 3 Movie Collection: Aladdin/The Return of Jafar/Aladdin and the King of Thieves
Aladdin 3 Movie Collection: Aladdin/The Return of Jafar/Aladdin and the King of Thieves (Blu-Ray)
Kirben
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Kirben »

The Disney Rewards site is down to only 4 rewards, other than the online multimedia stuff. With no Blu-Ray or DVDs been offered at all.

It seems like only a matter of time before they close the Disney Rewards program, at this rate.
Topher
Limited Issue

Post by Topher »

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Disney is playing 6 Disney Princess Movies over the next 6 weekends. Starting with Aladdin, and of course, I won't be able to see it, living so far away from any decent cinema.

http://disney.com.au/iamaprincess/index ... na:4:slide

Feel free to go and see it of course, and then tell me how good it was, and how it brought back childhood memories, and was the best thing ever... :)
MelancholyEcho

Post by MelancholyEcho »

Kirben wrote:The Disney Rewards site is down to only 4 rewards, other than the online multimedia stuff. With no Blu-Ray or DVDs been offered at all.

It seems like only a matter of time before they close the Disney Rewards program, at this rate.
Maybe it was my imagination, but I don't think the new Disney Blu-Rays I saw yesterday, Monsters Inc etc (and purchased Pixar Shorts 1 /2 Collection) featured any stickers on the front for Disney Movie Rewards.

If this is the end of the rewards program, consider me livid, because I still have over 3000 points not spent on anything (and printable colouring sheets don't tickle my fancy).

Hopefully they will offer some trade-in-points-for-discount-on-Disney-DVDs vouchers if they are shutting it down.
Kirben
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Kirben »

The Coming Soon section at EzyDVD web site added Wreck-It Ralph:

24th April 2013
Wreck-It Ralph
Wreck-It Ralph (Blu-ray+DVD)
Wreck-It Ralph (Blu-ray 3D+Blu-ray+Digital Copy)
Haddad28
Limited Issue

Post by Haddad28 »

Hey everyone! I've got some good news and some not so good news.

The not so good news first, just bought Mulan 1&2 on BR and HoND on Blu-ray. They have incredible transfers, and the movies are both insane. But there was no Reward Points inside them, leading me to think that they are stopping Disney Movie Rewards entirely. There are also almost no bonus features on the HoND and nothing real interestingly new on Mulan.

Other not so good news, I'm really hoping that this http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/dvd/dvd- ... dvd/680143 isn't the definitive cover art for Aladdin... =/

The Good news.
Sanity are doing a BOGOF until March 25 which include Mulan and HoND.

And the Classification board has classified Atlantis 1 &2 on Blu, as well as Brother Bear 1 &2.

Furthermore Peter Pan, according to Sanity, will be released 5th of June.

Standard DVD,
Double Play
Triple Play

http://www.sanity.com.au/specials/1475/Peter_Pan
Kirben
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Kirben »

Haddad28 wrote:There are also almost no bonus features on the HoND and nothing real interestingly new on Mulan.
Exactly what extras are included for HoND? there should be quite a few new extras, considering the last local DVD release lacked several extras (audio commentary, making-of documentary).
MelancholyEcho

Post by MelancholyEcho »

Haddad28 wrote:But there was no Reward Points inside them, leading me to think that they are stopping Disney Movie Rewards entirely.
I emailed DMR Australia asking what's happening with this program, but am yet to receive a reply.
Victurtle
Special Edition

Re: Australian Disney DVD and Blu-ray Release Info - Ongoing

Post by Victurtle »

Hey guys, looks like DMR isn't finished just yet!

Check out there latest reward, I won't spoil anything for anyone :D But I just redeemed 3800 points!
Haddad28
Limited Issue

Re: Australian Disney DVD and Blu-ray Release Info - Ongoing

Post by Haddad28 »

Victurtle wrote:Hey guys, looks like DMR isn't finished just yet!

Check out there latest reward, I won't spoil anything for anyone :D But I just redeemed 3800 points!
This is awesome! I am somewhat intrigued on the Disney Zone page the 'vault' entry in the search engine.

I feel like a kid in a candy store, without having to pay almost anything :D