Australian Disney DVD and Blu-ray Release Info - Ongoing

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Re: Winnie the Pooh, Little things mean a lot

Post by Loomis »

StitchExp626 wrote:Hi Loomis, I am wondering whether this had previously been released on DVD. I checked Target and they have it on video but no DVD's. I purchased the current five Magical World of Winnie the Pooh at JB recently for $11.99 each, but they did not have the Little things mean a lot. Do you also know hopw many DVD's are in this series??

Thanks

Kevin from Melbourne!!!!
Hi Kev (you aren't Big Kev are you?)

I saw that deal at JB - it as great, but I already had them. I did get the two 2-Discs released today (Mulan & Mary Poppins) for a low $16.98!

Ok, for the Pooh discs, Little Things Mean A Lot (sometimes labelled Volume 2) hasn't actually come out yet (strange huh). It is due out in February (see the list at the top of the page).

The Pooh Magical World DVDs that are out so far are:
- All For One, One For All
- It's Playtime With Pooh
- A Great Day of Discovery
- Friends Forever
- Love & Friendship

So if you have 5, then you've got them all.

Coming out in February is:
- 'Growing Up With Pooh'
- the mysterious 'Little Things Mean A Lot'
- 'Share Your World'

Hope that helps!

Sorry about the lateness of reply - I must've missed this thread!
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter
Loomis
Signature Collection

Post by Loomis »

Forgot to mention.

The OFLC passed this on Tuesday:

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN - THE LOST DISC

So, looks like we'll get it here too.

Hopefully, we'll get slightly better packaging.
darktruth

Post by darktruth »

Hey i just bought the Australian Edition of the 2-Disc Set of Mulan and there are some different contents on the bonus features.

1) The remix video for True To Your Heart by Raven is nowhere to be found on it, some have said the song and video is bad but I can't judge it because I haven't even heard or seen it yet.

2) The Mandarin language track is removed off on Disc 1, the languages on Disc 1 are English, Greek, Bulgarian & Arabic.

3) The Region 1 version didn't get the Cantonese version music video of Jackie Chan's Make A Man Out Of You but on the Australian Edition it is included on the 2nd Disc AS WELL AS COCO LEE'S MANDARIN MUSIC VIDEO OF REFLECTION.

4) Australia also got an extra bonus music video of the Spanish Version music video of True To Your Heart by some Spanish singer on the 2nd Disc.

These were the features I saw that were different to the US release of Mulan 2-Disc Set.
StitchExp626
Limited Issue

Thanks for the info!!

Post by StitchExp626 »

Thanks Loomis, now I can stop searching every dvd/video shop for the missing Pooh DVD. I think the five that I have are really cool. I was lucky enough to get the Lilo & Stitch and Pocahontas DVD at the 15% off days at K Mart, only cost $13.58 each. And today got the Mary Poppins (SE), Mulan (SE), Mulan II and Twice Upon a Christmas from KMart and Big W, all for just under $60.00. So happy with that, but keeping them until Christmas to watch.

Loomis, a couple of years ago we had a DVD store in our Village centre in the City, they sold mainly Asian movies but I was able to get Hong Kong DVD of Cinderella, Bambi, Snow White and Fantasia. They have the Disney name on them and they have unique product codes on the spine. The quality is quite good. Do you know anything about disney DVD's from HK?

Thanks

Little Kev (in comparison to the Big guy make that very very skinny Kev)
Tony
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Tony »

1) The remix video for True To Your Heart by Raven is nowhere to be found on it, some have said the song and video is bad but I can't judge it because I haven't even heard or seen it yet.

Count yourself lucky ! - I decided to buy the region 1 of Mulan and have seen the Raven video. I think Raven is okay, but this video is dreadful. Her lips don't match the words and even my 4 year old was asking who was actually singing !.. Raven just has this goofy look on her face during the song as well. I am glad I've seen the video, but it certainly doesn't warrant repeated viewings - hee hee.
Cordy_Biddle
Anniversary Edition

Post by Cordy_Biddle »

I just got the MULAN S.E. and was delighted to find CoCo Lee's version of "Reflection". Totally amazing!

Did CoCo Lee provide the speaking/singing voice in that particular dub of MULAN?

PS - My parents are getting me the 2-discs of POCAHONTAS, LILO & STITCH and MARY POPPINS for Christmas!
I'm just valentine candy and boxing-gloves!

My DVD Collection :
http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/
Loomis
Signature Collection

Post by Loomis »

Empire DVD have a few "Coming soon" titles listed on their site. This means they have been given a month by a the studio, but not a date. Thus, the dates below are an estimate, but the month is about right:

2 Mar 05
- Bambi

6 Apr 05
- Alamo, The (2004)
- Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen
- Ella Enchanted
- Shall We Dance? (2004)

13 Apr 05
- Incredibles, The

27 Apr 05
- National Treasure
Robyn Tang

Post by Robyn Tang »

Thank you Loomis. :)
Cordy_Biddle wrote:I just got the MULAN S.E. and was delighted to find CoCo Lee's version of "Reflection". Totally amazing!

Did CoCo Lee provide the speaking/singing voice in that particular dub of MULAN?

PS - My parents are getting me the 2-discs of POCAHONTAS, LILO & STITCH and MARY POPPINS for Christmas!
I'm glad CoCo's music video was on the DVD. She did a great job with the song - I love it :)

Yep, CoCo provided the speaking and singing voice for the Mandarin version of Mulan.
Melly
Limited Issue

Post by Melly »

Thanks Loomis....what would we do without you? :)
Loomis
Signature Collection

Post by Loomis »

Melly wrote:Thanks Loomis....what would we do without you? :)
Hee hee hee... well, it WOULD be difficult I'm sure. :P
Loomis
Signature Collection

Post by Loomis »

Ok, some new specs and dates from BVHE.

First up, Bambi: 2 Disc is definitely on for March 2. Specs include:

DISK 1:-
INSIDE WALT'S STORY MEETING

DISK 2:-
DELETED SCENES
GAMES AND ACTIVITIES
THE FOREST ADVENTURE
DISNEYPEDIA: Bambi's Forest Friends
WHAT'S YOUR SEASON? - Personality Profile
DISNEY STORYTIME: Thumper Goes Exploring
VIRTUAL FOREST
BACKSTAGE DISNEY
THE MAKING OF BAMBI : A Prince Is Born
RESTORING BAMBI
THE LEGACY CONTINUES: A Sneak Peek at an All-New Bambi Movie
DISNEY TIME CAPSULE: 1942 - The Year of Bambi
THE ART OF BAMBI
TRICKS OF THE TRADE (excerpt) - Original Air Date 2/13/1957
INSIDE THE DISNEY ARCHIVES
THE OLD MILL (Animated Short 1937)
ORIGINAL THEATRICAL TRAILER (1942)

Other titles for that month include: <STRONG>Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights</STRONG>; <STRONG>Ella Enchanted</STRONG>; <STRONG>Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen</STRONG>; <STRONG>Pinero</STRONG>; <STRONG>Shall We Dance?</STRONG>; <STRONG>Shaolin Soccer</STRONG>; and martial-arts epic <STRONG>Hero</STRONG> (aka Ying Xiong). These will all be released March 16.
Melly
Limited Issue

Post by Melly »

Thanks again Loomis :) I was serious too! :lol:

Bambi sounds like it's going to be awesome :) Look forward to Shaolin Soccer too.
Panchito

Post by Panchito »

THE LEGACY CONTINUES: A Sneak Peek at an All-New Bambi Movie

Now that's one I'm looking forward to :roll:

Thanks for the update Loomis :D This will be a great set to own. Now we need a nice 2 disc version of Pinnochio :)
Loomis
Signature Collection

Post by Loomis »

Panchito wrote:
Thanks for the update Loomis :D This will be a great set to own. Now we need a nice 2 disc version of Pinnochio :)
As it stands, we are STILL in front of the US on that count. The UK, Europe and Australialand all have the SE, but it really isn't all that special. If ever a "classic" deserved a special edition, it is that one. I'm sure there are HEAPS of extras around for it, with Disney having such a great archive. So many more "I'm no Fool..." shorts as well.

I have no doubt they will all be "Special Editioned" eventually.

Oh, and here is a small image of the local Bambi cover:

blaing
Special Edition

Post by blaing »

I'll be certainly buying Bambi when it comes out. :)

And I know another member of my family wil be getting her hands on a copy (my auntie.)
Panchito

Post by Panchito »

Thanks for the picture of the Bambi cover art Loomis. Can't wait to own this edition. Even if it does advertise Bambi 2.

Has anyone ordered the Latest Disney Treasures wave? The only one I ordered was Pluto.

I'm hoping that both volumes of Mickey Mouse Black and White are released in Australia. The first volume is too expensive to buy on Ebay these days.
Loomis
Signature Collection

Post by Loomis »

Panchito wrote: I'm hoping that both volumes of Mickey Mouse Black and White are released in Australia. The first volume is too expensive to buy on Ebay these days.
They've released them in an odd order here, but I suspect that all the "animated" ones will come out here eventually...
StitchExp626
Limited Issue

Yes all three through Amazon

Post by StitchExp626 »

Hi Panchito!

Yes I ordered and have received all three of the Treasures, in fact very happy as they arrived on Thursday the 9th, just two days after the official release date in the USA. I have all the previous releases also purchased through Amazon.

I have only watched half of the first episode of the MMC, it is cute but I think that I need to find some solid time so that I can fully appreciate it and the rest of the episodes. The Mickey Mouse and Pluto discs are really quite cool. The black and white Mickey is great because it really allows you to experience the cartoons that are used as examples by people such as Dave Smith, Leonard Maltin, John Cainmaker and Christopher Finch. In their books we have had stills, background art, storyboard sketches and great descriptions of the story, now we have the ability to actually see the short in its entirety, it adds immensely to my reading of these books.

This fantastic series allows us to enter the Disney Archives in our own home, and to choose and select shorts that normally we would have no chance of ever seeing. It is really an amazing privilege that is given to us through this series. That is why as soon as Amazon puts them on sale, I immediately pre-order them.

For anyone with an interest in Disney animation these are simply the most incredible primary resource that you will ever find.

Kevin
drnilescrane
Gold Classic Collection

Post by drnilescrane »

Whats the stich on The Incredibles in Australia? (Yes, that was an obvious go at Kim Possible)
chipmunkfan

Chip n Dale

Post by chipmunkfan »

Do you know of a release in Australia or USA of this 2nd Chip n Dale dvd which is available in Germany on Amazon? Though they call them Chip and Chap the first cover is the same as the one being released in USA Jan 2005.

Chip & Chap - Die Hörnchen sind los

Amazon-Preis: EUR 13,97