Worried about Atlantis re release on DVD...

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Worried about Atlantis re release on DVD...

Post by DC Fan »

When Atlantis finally gets released on BR, what will happen with the DVD?

As all Europeans know the only DVD version of Atlantis is the Full Frame one.

Since Disney has been selling the BR with the same cover as the DVD´s they´re alse selling the the same old DVD´s as "new".

So, is Disney going to sell the widescreen version finally on DVD or will re issue the old FULL FRAME?
MattDean
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Worried about Atlantis re release on DVD...

Post by MattDean »

DC Fan wrote:When Atlantis finally gets released on BR, what will happen with the DVD?

As all Europeans know the only DVD version of Atlantis is the Full Frame one.

Since Disney has been selling the BR with the same cover as the DVD´s they´re alse selling the the same old DVD´s as "new".

So, is Disney going to sell the widescreen version finally on DVD or will re issue the old FULL FRAME?
DC Fan, this isn't correct!

In the UK the 2-Disc set was OAR, I bought it at the time - you can get it easily on eBay. Also, it was available in its OAR in Europe - I remember seeing it in Spain and have a French copy myself.

Have a look around eBay - you'll get a copy in its OAR, just look for the Collector's Edition. If you have any problems finding one contact me and I'll help you out.

As for the Blu, that will be in its OAR and if there is a DVD copy, I'm pretty sure that will be wide also. The DVD that came with Sleeping Beauty was wide and that too only had a full frame release in its original one disc edition, but wide in the Collector's 2-Disc version.

Hope this helps,

Matt:)
MattDean
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MattDean »