Wanna know what happened to classic Disney shorts in the UK?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Wanna know what happened to classic Disney shorts in the UK?

Post by ichabod »

Apparently they get shown on Freeview channel Five USA

Go Figure.
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

And I wouldn't have known if you hadn't posted that on here! :lol: I remember ye olden days when they showed at least one Disney short a week on ITV (even if only as filler), plus countless Warner Bros and MGM cartoons on either ITV or one of the BBC channels. None of the major channels seem to show ANY classic cartoons. :( :roll:

On a slightly more positive note, as well as BBC3 giving another whirl of various Disney films that have already shown on BBC1 over the Christmas season, the Pixar shorts Boundin' and Jack Jack Attack are showing between the screenings of The Incredibles and Enchanted on Sunday 2nd January, at 8:50pm.
Tellyweb

Re: Wanna know what happened to classic Disney shorts in the

Post by Tellyweb »

Only the "Have A Laugh" series airs on Channel 5. though, they only seem to occasionally air them as a filler for time, like they did for Looney Tunes. Some have yet to air on the station.

Also, since the UK launch, Sky Movies Disney airs Classic shorts as well, alongside Movie featurette specials and Pixar Shorts.

I don't have the network, but there are listings which give the title of the short. Usually, its the same shorts repeated, like Mickey's Elephant, Donald and Pluto, Donald's Nephews and The Legend of Coyote Rock.