DVDizzy.com
https://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/

The Art of Disney Blu-Ray
https://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18483
Page 2 of 2

Author:  mvealf [ Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:14 pm ]
Post subject: 

Disneykid wrote:
I think your images are swapped. The top one is the newer one while the bottom one is the older one. I agree that the new cover is blagh. I never liked how Disney covers a third of their covers with a pointless silver border. I'm really curious about buying this DVD, but I'll wait until someone else does and reviews it.

No, the top one is the older one. Disney's Japanese site now has the bottom picture, where it used to have the top one.

Author:  Disneykid [ Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

mvealf wrote:
No, the top one is the older one. Disney's Japanese site now has the bottom picture, where it used to have the top one.


That's strange because you included the new pic in your post when you first saw the Blu-Ray cover a month ago...

mvealf wrote:
Actually, the above artwork is for the regular DVD. The Blu-Ray looks like this:
<p><a href="http://club.buenavista.jp/disney/product/data.jsp?cid=761#bluray">
<img border="0" src="http://bvhe-navi.jp/image/products/picture/20070000076102_s.jpg" width="85" height="113" alt="The Art of Disney"></a></p>

Author:  mvealf [ Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:57 pm ]
Post subject: 

Disneykid wrote:
mvealf wrote:
No, the top one is the older one. Disney's Japanese site now has the bottom picture, where it used to have the top one.


That's strange because you included the new pic in your post when you first saw the Blu-Ray cover a month ago...

mvealf wrote:
Actually, the above artwork is for the regular DVD. The Blu-Ray looks like this:
<p><a href="http://club.buenavista.jp/disney/product/data.jsp?cid=761#bluray">
<img border="0" src="http://bvhe-navi.jp/image/products/picture/20070000076102_s.jpg" width="85" height="113" alt="The Art of Disney"></a></p>

That's because my picture is just a link to the Japanese site. Disney changed the picture on their site, so anything that was linked to it would also change. When I originally posted that link, the picture was different.

Author:  Ste7en [ Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:35 am ]
Post subject: 

Is this available for order yet anywhere?

Author:  deathie mouse [ Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:02 am ]
Post subject: 

Image

Author:  blackcauldron85 [ Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:10 pm ]
Post subject: 

As pretty as the picture on the cover is, I kind of think that a collage of different Disney pictures should have been used- the whole DVD isn't about "Sleeping Beauty"- it could be misleading.

Author:  deathie mouse [ Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:59 am ]
Post subject: 

Well it seems that the link I linked above kind of keeps switching too so here are the two variations. I assume the one on the link above would be the official one..

Image Image

Author:  winniedu77 [ Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:17 pm ]
Post subject:  The Art of Disney Blu-ray from Japan

Do you know this edition coming 25/04?
http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.as ... 004654586/

Author:  GeorgeCauldron [ Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:40 am ]
Post subject: 

Thanks we did know about that.

We've got a forum to chat about it in
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=18483

it sounds cool but i don't have a Blu-Ray player :(

But theres a normal DVD one so thats cool!

Author:  winniedu77 [ Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:40 pm ]
Post subject: 

GeorgeCauldron wrote:
Thanks we did know about that.

We've got a forum to chat about it in
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=18483

it sounds cool but i don't have a Blu-Ray player :(

But theres a normal DVD one so thats cool!

Sorry! :oops:
I searched it but I couldn't find it.

Author:  winniedu77 [ Thu May 10, 2007 3:49 am ]
Post subject: 

I've just received the DVD from HMV.CO.JP in 3 days via EMS.
This is a beautiful digipack, cover same as shown at the first page (white one). The slipcover reminds the little mermaid one.
A great DVD to have for every fan with japanese and english soundtrack and subtitles.
I'm a french fan and the commentary is well done because he speaks in a very good and enough slow english to let the people understand. And you can follow the DVD with the subtitles. Brilliant! :D

Author:  Billy Moon [ Thu May 10, 2007 5:37 am ]
Post subject: 

So, what exactly does the DVD contain?
I'm still seriously considering buying it.

Author:  depooter [ Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:21 pm ]
Post subject: 

bump.

can anyone provide more details about what's on the dvd or blu-ray?

thanks

Author:  reyquila [ Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:44 pm ]
Post subject: 

depooter wrote:
bump.

can anyone provide more details about what's on the dvd or blu-ray?

thanks


Stills or slides with Disney animation art and backgrounds!!!! It is beautiful!!!! I have it!!!

Author:  bjeong1381 [ Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:43 pm ]
Post subject: 

anyone have a review of this?

Author:  Prince Edward [ Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:53 am ]
Post subject: 

winniedu77 wrote:
I've just received the DVD from HMV.CO.JP in 3 days via EMS.
This is a beautiful digipack, cover same as shown at the first page (white one). The slipcover reminds the little mermaid one.
A great DVD to have for every fan with japanese and english soundtrack and subtitles.
I'm a french fan and the commentary is well done because he speaks in a very good and enough slow english to let the people understand. And you can follow the DVD with the subtitles. Brilliant! :D


What does this Blu-ray/DVD contain? Sleeping Beauty-related stuff? Or something from other movies as well? I am planning to buy the Blu-ray anyway as long as it can play on my European PlayStation 3...

Author:  Disney Duster [ Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:20 pm ]
Post subject:  The Art of Disney Blu-ray

It features art from lots of other films as well, but Sleeping Beauty is considered Disney's most detailed, artistic, beautiful films. Also, this is a Japanese DVD, and apparently a lot of Sleeping Beauty artwork was found in a Japanese university. Walt Disney hand-picked the artwork in 1960, and sent them to Japan as part of a touring exhibition to promote the Nipponese (Japanese) release of Sleeping Beauty. Who knows why the kept it for so long, but now they're returning it to Disney.

There's a trailer for the DVD:
http://club.buenavista.jp/disney/produc ... sp?cid=761

Author:  Beast_enchantment [ Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:34 pm ]
Post subject: 

I really must own this! It looks fab!! I wonder if it covers any of the later movies like the Little mermaid or BATB.

Author:  Little Red Henski [ Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Art of Disney Blu-Ray

Image

I just got this today and its awesome.

Page 2 of 2 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/