Starting 08/05...I'm Gonna Be in Trouble

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

Sulley wrote:I own the Original Theatrical Edition of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. I bought it the day it came out with no patience (because I loved it so much) only to find a trailer on the DVD for the Extended Edition coming out 3 months later. I am not that interested in the special features of TLotR, but I was wondering if it was worth it to upgrade to the Extended Edition of "Fellowship" and get the EE of The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers just for the extra film footage.
oh sulley the extended edition is 100% better than the theatrical version! the extended takes you more indepth it also gives you more insight! i highly recommend the extended over the theatrical!
indianajdp
Anniversary Edition

Post by indianajdp »

Sulley wrote:I own the Original Theatrical Edition of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. I bought it the day it came out with no patience (because I loved it so much) only to find a trailer on the DVD for the Extended Edition coming out 3 months later. I am not that interested in the special features of TLotR, but I was wondering if it was worth it to upgrade to the Extended Edition of "Fellowship" and get the EE of The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers just for the extra film footage.
My non-professional opinion: "ummmm...yeah"

There is so much stuff on that EE release I have yet to work my way through it all nearly a year later. As a bonus a movie ticket was included for The Two Towers, so I would guess that this year's EE will also include a movie ticket for The Return of the King
" There's no Dumbass Vaccine " - Jimmy Buffett
Sulley
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Sulley »

Thanks for the input guys! I started getting this Christmas in July feeling (helped by our discussion of BIG DVDs later this year) and I was inspired by this thread to start my Christmas List! I really appreciate your opinions on the DVDs, and I added them to the list right after I posted the question anyway. I am interested and curious about more of the film. Thanks again! :D
What would this wretched world be like without Disney?
Sulley
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Sulley »

Ok, here's the first draft of my Christmas List! Like last year, what I want most is DVDs. Last year I couldn't even think of anything I wanted besides DVDs, but I still got more than that. Maybe I'll be able to actually decide something other than DVDs to add to my list, but being the movie buff that I am, July is way too early for me to consider anything else. There are some that aren't new at all, but they are in order of their DVD release (except for the ones at bottom that I did during my edit). There are some DVDs that I haven't listed (Casablanca, Sleeping Beauty, The Lion King) that aren't listed as I plan on buying tham as soon as they are released.

1. Clue (DVD)
2. The Godfather: DVD Collection (DVD)
3. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring - Extended Edition (DVD)
4. The Life of David Gale (DVD)
5. Will & Grace – Season One (DVD)
6. Chicago (DVD)
7. The Iron Giant – Special Edition (DVD)
8. National Lampoon’s Animal House – Double Secret Probation Edition (DVD)
9. The Simpsons: The Complete Third Season – Collector’s Edition (DVD)
10. Monty Python’s The Meaning of Life – Special Edition (DVD)
11. The Brave Little Toaster (DVD)
12. Alias: The Complete First Season (DVD)
13. Holes (DVD)
14. The Matrix Reloaded (DVD)
15. Looney Tunes: Golden Collection (DVD)
16. The Adventures of Indiana Jones (DVD)
17. Finding Nemo - Collector’s Edition (DVD)
18. The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers – Extended Edition (DVD)
19. Walt Disney TREASURES: The Chronological Donald (DVD)
20. Walt Disney TREASURES: Mickey Mouse In Living Color Volume II (DVD)
21. Walt Disney TREASURES: Walt Disney On The Front Lines (DVD)
22. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (DVD)
23. Walt Disney TREASURES: Tomorrowland (DVD)
24. Swiss Family Robinson - Vault Disney (DVD)
25. 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea - Special Edition (DVD)
26. Alias: The Complete Second Season (DVD)
Last edited by Sulley on Fri Jul 18, 2003 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

Sulley wrote:Ok, here's the first draft of my Christmas List! Like last year, what I want most is DVDs. Last year I couldn't even think of anything I wanted besides DVDs, but I still got more than that. Maybe I'll be able to actually decide something other than DVDs to add to my list, but being the movie buff that I am, July is way too early for me to consider anything else. There are some that aren't new at all, but they are in order of their DVD release. There are some DVDs that I haven't listed (Casablanca, Sleeping Beauty, The Lion King) that aren't listed as I plan on buying tham as soon as they are released.

1. Clue (DVD) - nice movie! :)
2. The Godfather: DVD Collection (DVD)- i have it and i love it!
3. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring - Extended Edition (DVD)- i have it too very good buy!
4. The Life of David Gale (DVD)- i have this but havent watched it yet
5. Will & Grace – Season One (DVD)
6. Chicago (DVD)- i want this!
7. The Iron Giant – Special Edition (DVD) and this one too!
8. National Lampoon’s Animal House – Double Secret Probation Edition (DVD)
9. The Simpsons: The Complete Third Season – Collector’s Edition (DVD) i have the first 2 seasons and i cant wait for this one is getting close!
10. Monty Python’s The Meaning of Life – Special Edition (DVD)
11. The Brave Little Toaster (DVD) this is a classic lol
12. Alias: The Complete First Season (DVD)
13. Holes (DVD)-DISNEY!
14. The Matrix Reloaded (DVD)
15. Looney Tunes: Golden Collection (DVD)this 3 next ones i'm so getting!
16. The Adventures of Indiana Jones (DVD)
17. Finding Nemo - Collector’s Edition (DVD)
18. The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers – Extended Edition (DVD)i love this movie and i cant wait to see the extended scenes!
19. Walt Disney TREASURES: The Chronological Donald (DVD)next 4 are musts
20. Walt Disney TREASURES: Mickey Mouse In Living Color Volume II (DVD)
21. Walt Disney TREASURES: Walt Disney On The Front Lines (DVD)
22. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (DVD)

I am thinking about adding seasons of Family Guy, and possibly Futurama or King of the Hill, but these are DVDs I want for sure, whether I get them or not.
you have good tittles! i guess noone is buying Return/Escape from witch mountain nor apple dumpling gang i am!
Sulley
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Sulley »

I've never seen them, but I may do a blind buy on one of the live action SEs, like I did with The Love Bug. I forgot to add 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea (haven't seen but am willing to Blind Buy because it was made while Walt was alive), and Swiss Family Robinson (Haven't Seen In Years!). Like I said, it was a first draft! :D Thanks for the comments, MMB. How do you get your DVDs early? I LOVED "David Gale," even though critics butchered it. It was a great suspense film! AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!! I forgot the fourth TREASURE because nobody's really talking about it!!! Better do some editing!
indianajdp
Anniversary Edition

Post by indianajdp »

MickeyMouseboy wrote:
you have good tittles! i guess noone is buying Return/Escape from witch mountain nor apple dumpling gang i am!
It's not that I absolutely don't want those movies...it's just that there's SO MUCH coming I had to do some picking and choosing. Can't get 'em all right away, unfortunately.
Sulley
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Sulley »

I don't know about you guys, but this is some HUGE news for me! The second season of Alias (my favorite TV Drama) is available for Pre-Order from Amazon!!! Season 1 comes out on September 2, while Season 2 comes out on December 2!!! This means another addition to my Christmas List! I believe this means that the show will be more on its DVD schedule than any other series, as the first two seasons will be available on DVD by the middle of the Third Season's original airing!!! :D :D :D
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Re: Starting 08/05...I'm Gonna Be in Trouble

Post by Loomis »

MickeyMouseboy wrote:
Loomis wrote:1st September
- Goodies, The (2 Disc Set) (R4)
Goodies? it is the goonies?
No no no. DEFINITELY the Goodies.

As much as I love the Goonies, the Goodies are way cooler.

It was a British comedy that anyone who hasn't seen should check out.

I also forgot to add the Sep 2 release of the vault films, which I am picking up with 20,000 Leagues...

Plus there are a few DVDs and CDs I have to pick up for my girlfriend's birthday, anniversary etc all coming up in the last quarter.

Anybody want to give me a job?
Last edited by Loomis on Fri Jul 18, 2003 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Do the Goodies ever say die?
Sulley
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Sulley »

:lol:
2099net
Signature Collection

Re: Starting 08/05...I'm Gonna Be in Trouble

Post by 2099net »

MickeyMouseboy wrote:
Loomis wrote:1st September
- Goodies, The (2 Disc Set) (R4)
Goodies? it is the goonies?
The Goodies are a UK comedy trio. They starred in their own sit-com, and I suppose they could be compared to Monty Python - but with a slightly more juvinile humour. Some of their shows simply don't work (In my opinion) but some of them are sheer class and side-splittingly funny. Loomis I have the UK 2 disc set, and I assume the episodes are the same. "The Kitten Kong", "Goodies and the Beanstalk" and "Ecky-Thump!" episodes are as fresh and funny as ever. Sadly the commentary tracks are a huge disappointment.
Loomis wrote:21st August
- Michael Moore - The Awful Truth: Series 2 (2 Disc Set) (R4)
Great purchase. As an aspiring? lawyer the piece on the lack of trials in one American town should interest you. Quite shocking. You know where to move to if you don't fancy having to do any work!

Do you not fancy the R1 Roger and Me DVD released on August 19th? It includes a Michael Moore commentary and new follow up featurette "Flint 2003 - Michael discusses the current state of Flint"
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
indianajdp
Anniversary Edition

Post by indianajdp »

Sulley wrote:I don't know about you guys, but this is some HUGE news for me! The second season of Alias (my favorite TV Drama) is available for Pre-Order from Amazon!!! Season 1 comes out on September 2, while Season 2 comes out on December 2!!!
Damn does my wife LOVE this show.
She gets so into it..esp when Jennifer Garner starts kicking everyone's ass. I kinda get scared and leave the room when that happens :( 8)
Prince Phillip
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Phillip »

Sulley I like Clue too, and would like to have that one, but will have to wait...
I really want to get the first season of Will and Grace, but heard it was only available by calling a certain number :evil: in a commercial, it sais it would not be availible in stores.
And a SE of The Iron GIANT!?! This is what I havve been waiting for! I would really like to get this! Do you know what the specs are?

OK, now with all that said, here is a full christmas list of all the definate, no iffy or blind buy, buys...

Final Destination
Daredevil
Casablanca
Two Towers EE
Angel - Season 2
Buffy - Season 5
Family Guy - vol. 2
Friends seasons 1-4, 5? (Highly unlikely but if I can afford it)
Will and Grace season 1 (if it becomes available in stores)
Sleeping Beauty
The Lion King
Christmas Vacation
Indiana Jones trilogy
3 of the 4 WDT
Finding Nemo
Iron Giant SE (maybe)

I don't think I can afford these as it is, so I probably shouldn't go on, but as I fing out about more releases as time goes on, certain titles may take precedence over others.

(Oh, and this was my updated list, any changes that may take place, will be edited to here. :) )

Oh, and Sulley, incase it hasn't been pounded into your head yet...
YES YES! YES!!! you HAVE to get the EE of Lord of the Rings... :oops: I see you have it on your list. Well don't forget! :P :lol:
Leonia
Special Edition

Post by Leonia »

My must-have DVDs even though I'm broke:

Sleeping Beauty
The Complete Second Season of Dark Angel

That's about it.
Sulley
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Sulley »

All I know is that it hits streets 8/26 and that it has "more special features than the original DVD." I do know it has anamorphic widescreen. And you can find the cover art at many places.

[img]http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/ ... rsedvd.jpg[/img]
Sulley
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Sulley »

Of course the cover art didn's show up. I can never do anything special in a post beyond an emoticon.
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

Sulley wrote:Thanks for the comments, MMB. How do you get your DVDs early?
You're Welcome sulley! :D i got donald and goofy in strategy spots in many studios and they send me the discs so i can do reviews for my best mates in ultimatedisney.com :D :)
Sulley
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Sulley »

That's Really Cool! I'm a little envious :lol:
Sulley
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Sulley »

Prince Phil, I meant to answer your question last night but I forgot. I'm pretty sure Will & Grace will be available in stores. I saw the same TV ad that you either had to call or go to ShopNBC.com, but I searched a little, and almost every site has it up for pre-order (including Amazon). Besides, it would be foolish not to release it in stores, as the series is such a success. I just started watching it two years ago, and I think it's the funniest NBC show since Seinfeld went off the air.